Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    :mad: fcuk sake went out to go to a mates house and I noticed some asshat has hit my Porsche. If your going to use my estate as a LUAS parking cos your too tight to pay 2 quid for it don't hit my flipping car :mad:

A lot of damage? Did you cough him red handed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

feel your pain there, not nice at all :mad:

that sucks man. i guess one more hit and run so?

every time i go in to underground carpark or any other public carpark i am really stressing out! :mad: i am afraid to leave my car in there!!!

i wonder if there are some cameras you could leave on your car just for this. something like 4 dash cams, but a wee bit higher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Cracked the rear light, dented a panel and the paint has cracked. This is my 3rd classic car that has been hit. The paintwork is the only perfect thing on that car :(

Ah man, im sorry to hear that. But its sh1t like that that makes my blood boil. Pure cnuts! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I don't have a garage so I just have to roll with the punches. My 205 Gti had a wing mirror taken off and a door caved in. I tell you what If I saw the person do it I don't think I would be able to control myself.

Can you not park your classic in the driveway and leave your daily on the road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Does anyone know Aviva's definition of partner? Planning on putting the girlfriend on the Passat as a named driver, as partner I get money back, as unrelated it would add nearly 200 to my premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Does anyone know Aviva's definition of partner? Planning on putting the girlfriend on the Passat as a named driver, as partner I get money back, as unrelated it would add nearly 200 to my premium.

Ring and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I've been watching Californications lately and I've found myself REALLY wanting a Porsche 964.
    I use to love them, it seems to be happening all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Completely off-topic but I saw the new Batman this weekend...

*Mind Blown is appropriate I think... Going to see it again next weekend, it's just unreal.:cool:

166man wrote: »

*Mind Blown is appropriate I think... Going to see it again next weekend, it's just unreal.:cool:

Any nice cars in it?

• Advertisement

Bruce has an Avantador in it, then the usual batman armoury.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Bruce has an Avantador in it, then the usual batman armoury.
    Aw is that it? :(

Pretty much yeah, nothing else sticks out to me anyway.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Pretty much yeah, nothing else sticks out to me anyway.

Dang. :(

Also, how much would a scrappy charge for a dipstick? (Not looking for an exact price. just a guess.)

Free or a fiver is my guess.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Free or a fiver is my guess.

Free sounds good, But a five seems abit too steep to me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Free sounds good, But a five seems abit too steep to me. :(

How does e25 from a dealer sound? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

166man wrote: »

went to see it after work tonight with the girlfriend! i've never seen any of the batman films or comics before but found the movie great, loved it! and to be fair it was 2 hours 45 minutes long which by todays standards is a fecking long film, so value for money was good too :) if only it wasn't the guts of €20 for 2 popcorns and 2 cokes :rolleyes:

cant wait for "Ted" to come out on Wednesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

andyseadog wrote: »
    went to see it after work tonight with the girlfriend! i've never seen any of the batman films or comics before but found the movie great, loved it! and to be fair it was 2 hours 45 minutes long which by todays standards is a fecking long film, so value for money was good too :) if only it wasn't the guts of €20 for 2 popcorns and 2 cokes :rolleyes:

cant wait for "Ted" to come out on Wednesday!

Ted is AWESOME! :cool:
    Epic epic film. :D

• Advertisement

Lads. How much would it cost to fully refurb wheels? I mean properly sort it out, not just cosmetic stuff. Those are chrome too.
    How long do these things take too?

How does e25 from a dealer sound? :P

Afro-shaking-head-no.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Lads. How much would it cost to fully refurb wheels? I mean properly sort it out, not just cosmetic stuff. Those are chrome too.
    How long do these things take too?

Usually about €80 a wheel (generally up to 18"), might be a little bit more for Chrome ones though. Should take a couple of days really, but maybe count on it being 3.

Well the wheels on mx5 are in bad shape at this stage thx to few potholes. Those are lovely lovely limited edition chrome wheels and those cost a fortune new, I am not even talking how rare are those.
    Those are chrome and won't be cheap to get done right. So I wondered how much a full realignment and refurb might cost and wouldn't it be better to get a new set of alloys with tyres for now and get those done eventually in some proper place. I can't afford having mx5 on a bricks for a week as it is used daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Personally if I was getting it done and wanted to keep it within our fine Isle I'd use Tallaght Powdercoating (http://www.tallaghtpowdercoating.ie) or Wheel Wizards (http://www.wheelwizards.ie), if I wanted the top job done on them though I'd definitely use this crowd over in the UK: http://www.lepsons.com/

@shadowhearth - What about the crowd that voodoomelon for to refurb his BMW wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

@shadowhearth - What about the crowd that voodoomelon for to refurb his BMW wheels?

Think he used Lepsons too...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Anyone ever sprayed their rocker cover? Is it handy enough to do?

Mine is starting to peel slightly in one spot & been thinking about a colour change anyway so now I've the perfect excuse! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

It'll need to come off, nitromorse it and then primer and paint....

• Advertisement

Need to wait for him now.

I actually found alloys I want to put on mx5. I'll show to misses tonight. I got a picture of those alloys on a blue mk2 mx5 too! :D
    She did not minded the whole thing with alloys. It needs to be done as I was putting it away for too long now. ( she drives mx5 now, do off she does not mind lol )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement