Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams Thread 2012

Options
  • 27-04-2012 12:21pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's that time of year again...

A time of joy and wonderment, of good will towards men, of caring, giving, loving...

I may be getting exams confused with something else...

With that said, let the exam season, and all associated bitching, moaning, and gloating when you've finished before everyone else begin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Times like these I wonder if I have ADD or if I'm just bad at studying... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Get out.

/thread. :pac:

Only 3 exams this time around, and they're well spread out, so I'm not complaining!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

OhMSGlive getting in early with the "Get Out"'s this semester.... :pac:

5 exams, on until the very last day again. SAA hate Game Development obviously....

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

Anyone in EGO-10 I'll be seeing you there haha. Feel free to ask me for a glass of water, or some rough work paper or to go to the bathroom. With the mighty power of my green pen I will allow you to leave to go relieve yourself :cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anyone in EGO-10 I'll be seeing you there haha. Feel free to ask me for a glass of water, or some rough work paper or to go to the bathroom. With the mighty power of my green pen I will allow you to leave to go relieve yourself :cool:

Had to be done...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I'm trying to remember how big the the pages in the booklet are. Would i be right in saying you'd get about 3/4 of a normal A4 page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Ginge I will never be relieving myself with your pen, I dont care what colour it is!!

Niall09 wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember how big the the pages in the booklet are. Would i be right in saying you'd get about 3/4 of a normal A4 page?

More or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I've never been so ill prepared for exams and yet not feel an ounce of worry. Usually I'd have clicked two days before them that jaysus I think I should open a book but nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I've never been so ill prepared for exams and yet not feel an ounce of worry. Usually I'd have clicked two days before them that jaysus I think I should open a book but nothing yet.

Likewise... start tomorrow and haven't started to study yet...

The only thing that worries me is that I'm not worrying!! :D

• Advertisement

And.... there we go! The fear has set in! 'Bout feckin' time! :\

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

anyone here doing first year sociology? Is the exam essay questions or multiple choice like the chirstmas exams?
    I'm getting worried!

Never been less prepared for an exam... and I only got about an hours sleep last night. :(

OhMSGlive wrote: »

Well past panicking at this stage. :(

Why do I suck at life?

Is finding it very difficult to be motivated to study for a module that has nothing to do with my course...

One down... 4 to go... went better than expected.

Now, a relaxing night in front of the TV is in order methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Carol.Lillie

i hope all the mouth breather noise makers fail all their exams and return to the fields to toil where they belong.

i hope all the mouth breather noise makers fail all their exams and return to the fields to toil where they belong.

I think if they stopped doing that, they mightn't be able to return anywhere since ya know, you kinda need to breathe to stay alive and all :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

If mouth-breathers are so dumb that they forget to breathe through their nose when they close their mouth then I reckon we might be better off without them.

• Advertisement

Same problem though? :confused:

And this is why I do all my study at home. Mind you, I do live in Dromroe so home is usually only a 5 minute walk anyway. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Carol.Lillie

Arrived in the library at 8am, left at 6pm and took me until 7pm to find a spot with wireless, desk and peace and quiet. about 17 hours done, 3 of which were breaks. beat that undergrads.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

Arrived in the library at 8am, left at 6pm and took me until 7pm to find a spot with wireless, desk and peace and quiet. about 17 hours done, 3 of which were breaks. beat that undergrads.

Ahem - very easily beaten....
    Booze - exam tomorrow - worried? No... Why - not because of the booze, it's because I'm not worried that I feel able to booze..

The reason - because I understand.

Boom and/or Zing....

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

you're doing what? wood work? what do you have to do in your exam? make a bird table? come back to me when you're doing something that's actually not academic rather than arts and crafts

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

come back to me when you're doing something that's actually not academic rather than arts and crafts

So what you're saying is that you have a skewed impression of what Materials and Construction Technology for Education is? If you want to be schooled, send me a pm, In the absence of that pm I will assume the following to be thoroughly accurate...

At this point I would be tempted to brand you an arts student. I fear that would be presuming 3 precedents....

1. That I value arts less than human capital (which, as an educator I find abhorent)
    2. That I value your opinion (which as a person I find abhorent)
    3. That arts are less valuable to society than what I assume (and before you reply - I don't care) to be your future occupation. I think in my Da's day it was known as something like.... "bitch".... is that right? - am I getting the pronounciation right there? - I could be wrong - it has happened though you may not believe it....

*shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

you're doing what? wood work? what do you have to do in your exam? make a bird table? come back to me when you're doing something that's actually not academic rather than arts and crafts
    What a pisstake. The course is one of the more challenging ones in the college and goes far beyond 'making a bird table'. Talk about insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Keep it calm, folks.

There's nothing wrong with doing a degree course that includes practical application beyond teaching the next generation of people doing your degree course. Equally, there's nothing wrong with doing a degree course that has only the practical application of teaching it to the next generation (often the most pertinent criticism of arts courses). Horses for courses, as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

The fear has now set in :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Two down... Three to go...
    They have been grand so far but they were the 2 easiest...

Now if I could only study for the next 3!!

Advertisement