Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams Thread 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Why does German have to be so close to my third exam? :'( I have no time to cram a semesters worth for TWO modules...Exams..I hate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Carol.Lillie

another productive day at the office, hopefully can use this for the rest of the exam period. going to head home now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've deleted a few posts from the tail-end of this thread that decided to ignore the request to keep it civil (made by me up the page). These requests aren't made entirely just for fun, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Aaaaaaaand the fear's kicked in.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I don't know why I didn't bitch about this straight after the exam (perhaps it was because I actually did fairly well in the exam) but one part of the paper involved converting 19 binary strings to decimal so you could convert them to ASCII and then compare it to a target sentence.

What was the point of that? Surely a 5 letter word would prove the exact same amount of knowledge without the same level of inane busy-work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I don't know why I didn't bitch about this straight after the exam (perhaps it was because I actually did fairly well in the exam) but one part of the paper involved converting 19 binary strings to decimal so you could convert them to ASCII and then compare it to a target sentence.

What was the point of that? Surely a 5 letter word would prove the exact same amount of knowledge without the same level of inane busy-work?

Yes.

:confused:

One down, two to go. Was what I expected anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

3 down 1 to go. Then i'm finished.... For evaaaaaaaah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Presume it's like a 'show your work' in maths in case you get the answer wrong but the method right.

Also, I finished my last ever UL exams about ~350 days ago. :D

*legs it*

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cossax wrote: »
    Presume it's like a 'show your work' in maths in case you get the answer wrong but the method right.

I suppose... but still, 19 seems a little excessive.
    Also, I finished my last ever UL exams about ~350 days ago. :D

*legs it*

GET. OUT.

• Advertisement

GET. OUT.

Close the door behind you, there's people trying to study! :pac:

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Close the door behind you, there's people trying to study! :pac:

Well judging by your Facebook status and the fact that I'm currently watching the IT Crowd we're not those people. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

What week in August are the repeats usually on???!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

3 down, 3 to go! Can't wait until the end.

augusta24 wrote: »
    What week in August are the repeats usually on???!!!

We have an optimist amongst us! :P

Repeats start on Monday 27th August.

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Academic_Calendar/2012_-_13_Academic_Calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

We have an optimist amongst us! :P

Repeats start on Monday 27th August.

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Academic_Calendar/2012_-_13_Academic_Calendar

Brilliant thanks for that! No optimism left after that exam! Just relief that I'm home from holidays by repeats week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

no exams at all, gotta love being on co-op and being paid instead of studying :D:D:D

sorry folks, couldnt resist

freyners wrote: »
    no exams at all, gotta love being on co-op and being paid instead of studying :D:D:D

OUT!
    *points towards nearest exit*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    OUT!
    *points towards nearest exit*
    trololololololololololololololololol:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Is the library open tomorrow? Anyone know ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Adam_M

It's opened 8-12 but the information desk is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

"Why Biology, what big words you have!"

"All the better to confuse you with! Mwhahaha!"

(I swear this conversation happened with me and my notes, and I didn't adapt this from any fairytale)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Cultural studies...why must you be so damn confusing?
    If I wanted to learn the ins and outs of language, I would have taken linguistics!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Aragneer wrote: »
    Cultural studies...why must you be so damn confusing?
    If I wanted to learn the ins and outs of language, I would have taken linguistics!

Which module are you doing? My exam isn't 'til next monday. Dreading it!

Totally underestimated this module... should have about 25% going in so hopefully I can cram enough in the next day and a half to get a decent grade. :\

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Have 2 exams on a pass/fail bases
    Thank you coop office

Computer Networks.... COME AT ME BRAH! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

Computer Networks.... COME AT ME BRAH! :eek::eek:

it should be fun!!

it should be fun!!

That's a damn lie and you know it! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

That's a damn lie and you know it! :pac:

last one. will be in the stables by half 1 at the latest!!

Advertisement