Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

As strange as this sounds I actually really enjoy this time of year. Researching the top prospects for the draft, tracking FA moves. Not quite as fun as game days but I really enjoy it all the same

So much potential especially with a new coach, seen a rumour or wishlist of Woodhead making the move to Nashville

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

stuck this on the FA thread

Pitoitua and Pollard will be re-signed to pretty cheap deals imo.

Verner, its hard to know, he had a great season and could get a big pay day, but i would like to see him back.

Diles/Johnson will be let go unless they sign super cheap deals, Diles could be used as dept, Johnson could be the 2nd NT if we go 3-4

Britt is gone 100%
    I'd like to see Mariani back.. but Washington was a solid returner
    Would also like to see Battle come back.

Again hard to know what happens with CJ2K, its on huge money but Whisenhunt may think he can get the best out of him
    Titans D

Antonio Johnson, DT (wont be re-signed)
    Ropati Pitoitua, DT (will be re-signed)
    Zac Diles, LB (wont be re-signed)
    Alterraun Verner, CB (hard to know, will demand big money)
    Bernard Pollard, S (will be re-signed)

Titans Offense
    Greg Jones, FB (wont be re-signed)
    Kenny Britt, WR (wont be re-signed)
    Marc Mariani, WR (undecided between Wash and Mariani)
    Kevin Walter, WR (wont be re-signed)
    Damian Williams, WR (will be re-signed)
    Mike Otto, OL (will be re-signed)
    Kevin Matthews, OL (wont be re-signed)
    Chris Spencer, OL (wont be re-signed)
    Rob Turner, OL (wont be re-signed)
    Rusty Smith, QB (wont be re-signed)
    Jackie Battle, RB (would like him back, but hard to know)
    Leon Washington, RB (undecided between Wash and Mariani)

Cuts
    Chris Johnson RB - Cant see him staying on the money he's on and wont take a pay cut

Wimbley DE/OLB - with a possible move to a hybrid 4-3/3-4 system he may stay but only if he takes a pay cut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I really don't know what's going to happen with Verner, He is a very good corner but I've a feeling he's going to be looking for top 5 CB money and I don't think he deserves that but at the same time we have luck in our division, and possibly bridgewater and manziel after the draft, I dont know if we can afford to not pay him.

I really don't know what's going to happen with Verner, He is a very good corner but I've a feeling he's going to be looking for top 5 CB money and I don't think he deserves that but at the same time we have luck in our division, and possibly bridgewater and manziel after the draft, I dont know if we can afford to not pay him.

Yep..we have a lot of money tied up with Griffin, McCourty and then Verner, so a lot of cash it with our DBs, we'll also likely splash some cash on ILB/MLB and a DE, but as you say we'll likely be facing 1 very good QB and 2 pretty good QBs this season, we cant afford to be down on talent.

For Verner i imagine he'll have a few options on getting paid, will he give a home town discount or will he want to go to a contender and get paid less than what hes worth? So hard to know

I'm always torn on Griffen, He plays well every second year and I don't know if he's worth 8 mil he'll be getting paid next season. Cutting him would be too much of a cap hit though so we are stuck with him for now anyway

• Advertisement

I'm always torn on Griffen, He plays well every second year and I don't know if he's worth 8 mil he'll be getting paid next season. Cutting him would be too much of a cap hit though so we are stuck with him for now anyway

Yep, he's way down the list of people that would be cut, i think he performed pretty well this year and that seemed to be down to him and Pollard having a good understanding along with the 2 CBs performing well, he was able to roam around the backfield and move to where the ball was going instead of playing like a headless chicken

So it looks like the cap may make a jump from 123 million to 130 million, which should allow the Titans to keep Verner

Wimbley has stated more than a few times know he wants to come back, but his cap hit is very high for a rotational player. Stewart is a nearly 7 million salary only hit so he'll probably go or take a paycut.

The biggest question is on Johnson.. it really could go either way

So it looks like the cap may make a jump from 123 million to 130 million, which should allow the Titans to keep Verner

Wimbley has stated more than a few times know he wants to come back, but his cap hit is very high for a rotational player. Stewart is a nearly 7 million salary only hit so he'll probably go or take a paycut.

The biggest question is on Johnson.. it really could go either way

I'd rather keep Stewart than Johnson and Wimbley. I know he's aging and has spent time injured but as far as right tackles go I don't think there is much better and if it would mean that we don't have to go OL again in the first round I'd be really happy.

I'd rather keep Stewart than Johnson and Wimbley. I know he's aging and has spent time injured but as far as right tackles go I don't think there is much better and if it would mean that we don't have to go OL again in the first round I'd be really happy.

he missed a lot of practice sessions this season, i can see a couple of things happening, if they get a steal of a tackle in the draft, they'd probably let him go, however the best FAs are generally signed by then too. .so hard to know

I read that if we let Stevens, CJ, Stewart and Wimbley go then we'll have 25 mil cap space which is actually pretty good.

• Advertisement

I read that if we let Stevens, CJ, Stewart and Wimbley go then we'll have 25 mil cap space which is actually pretty good.

Yeah CJ is an 8 million (with 2 mill of that already paid) Stevens is a 4 million salary hit, Steward is a 7 million hit all salary aswell and Wimbley is a 6 million hit with i think 2.5 already paid, so those 4 guys will free up a lot of money

I'm torn on CJ.. he wont take a pay cut and he is 100% not worth that money, he wont get that on the open market

Stevens should be cut, Walker and Thompson and either a UDFA TE or a low rounder.

Wimbley i would actually like to see kept.. but again only if he takes a pay cut

I think a Titans are really going to go all out for a ILB/MLB, there are a few option.. Pay Orakpo on a big deal, or Spikes or a veteran player for a 1/2 year deal while a draftee is coached up

I really don't want us to take another Olineman in the first round. I'd rather us go for a lb or s. but if we let stewart go then its likely we'll go tackle in the first round.

I really don't want us to take another Olineman in the first round. I'd rather us go for a lb or s. but if we let stewart go then its likely we'll go tackle in the first round.

Given Stewart is just on salary, i'd be happy to take a punt on an o-lineman deep down the draft that has potential and let him play a lot in pre-season, if he works out we start him and then still have Otto/Singinly as experienced cover and save a fortune by releasing Stewart

I actually like the QB class this year. What it lacks in top end talent is made up for in depth. I really hope we consider taking a QB in round 4 after our 3 big needs are taken in the first 3 rounds.

I actually like the QB class this year. What it lacks in top end talent is made up for in depth. I really hope we consider taking a QB in round 4 after our 3 big needs are taken in the first 3 rounds.

yeah there seem to be a few guys that will likely be available in the 4th/5th rounds that could be worth a punt, they can compete with Locker and Wilson in camp. I still think unless Locker is hampered by injury he'll be our starter, also worth nothing that i think in MArch sometime we need to take the option for Lockers 5th year (around 13 million i think)

Titans brass are meeting with Verner and Pollards agents at the combine...

I know we have pressing needs, but I'd really like for us to take Logan in the ~5th round. If anyone can rebuild him its Whiz, and he has SO much upside.

yeah just done seem reading on him there, could well be worth a punt.

Apparently there was a meeting with CJs agent yesterday/saturday and there's been no change is his view that hes not taking a pay cut

Battle has been re-signed to a 1year deal, not that surprising, if CJ is cut Battle will likely be competing with a FA/DRaft target for the 2nd running back spot.

I for one quite like him, he's a bull dozing HB

Also gives me the opportunity to post this
    BattleTruck4_zps69ea6775.gif?t=1379431732

the cap looks like its going over 130 million which means we should have more than enough cash to re-sign Verner, however it also means other teams can wave wads of cash in his direction

• Advertisement

Pollard has signed back up for 2 years!

Just came on to say that, Really happy we tied him up for 2 years

yeah me too, a good signing, looks like its a 2 year deal, no idea on how much its worth yet

Its starting to look unlikely we will be keeping verner:(

Its starting to look unlikely we will be keeping verner:(

agree, Grimes in Miami got i think 6 million a year and he's 4 years older and Verner had a much better year than him.

On some of the Titans site the consensus seems to be he'll look for average of 10 mill per year

agree, Grimes in Miami got i think 6 million a year and he's 4 years older and Verner had a much better year than him.

On some of the Titans site the consensus seems to be he'll look for average of 10 mill per year

What is frustrating me, is that now CB will be a major need. So that means we have major needs at ILB, RT, pass rush, HB and CB

What is frustrating me, is that now CB will be a major need. So that means we have major needs at ILB, RT, pass rush, HB and CB

we have depth at CB

I'm happy to give Sensabaugh a shot and rotate with Wreh Wilson, campbell has done ok a nickel corner but i'd also like Wooten to see some pre-season there.

I think if we got a good pass rusher it will cover the lack of Verner in the secondary.

Pitoitua has signed or a 3 year 9 million deal, I think this.
    Its cheap but he had a good game impact last year

Leon Washington has re signed, return game is safe for 2014

• Advertisement

Leon Washington has re signed, return game is safe for 2014

I'd let mariani go now. No need for him. I'd really like for us to get dansby or spikes or both depending on what kind of money they are after.

Advertisement