Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

me too actually, the team like last week need to treat this as a playoff game.
    IF they lose they are going for an early bath, a win is the only option

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

awful awful awful nothing else to say.

After the early pollard int and failure to put points on the board i had a feeling we'd fall apart and thats what happened.

Walker went out injured and he is most definitely a safety blanket for both QBs.

A dominance defense was stabbed in the back for the inept offense, however dont even get me started on that Fokou penalty, i really dont know what he was thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

We are going to miss out on the wild card spot now and to be honest we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Nope, if we ended up against the Pats or even the Chiefs i think we'd embarrass ourselves offensively at this point.

Time for a lot of changes i think, such a shame after the Steelers win there was a lot of optimism

Titans re-sign Quinn Johnson as Mooney is out for the season, bye hey run game!

Also looks like we're going to sign Visanthe Shiancoe as both walker and Thompson have concussion

• Advertisement

Slightly worried that tonights game could be an absolute mauling :(

as long as its within 50 points

So we kept it a pretty interesting game up until the 3rd and then we were blown away...

The look on munchs face after the fumble and int says it all, he'sa broken man and given the stories that surfaced just before the game about C2J and Munch being 100% gone its not surprising.

From the same stories it seems if Cutler becomes a FA the Titans are in for him.

If that happens and we get him, Cutler starts and Locker is a back up and Fitz goes.

The only way locker stays is if he restructures I think. I hope he is kept but I can't see him getting the 15 million.

The only way locker stays is if he restructures I think. I hope he is kept but I can't see him getting the 15 million.

Nope, even if he had a good year this year i dont think they keep him at that.
    He'll restructure i think as i dont think he'll start anywhere else in the NFL

• Advertisement

In regards to cutler, I'd like to think we are an appealing situation for a veteran QB to consider. We have a very good O line and a very talented group of receivers!

In regards to cutler, I'd like to think we are an appealing situation for a veteran QB to consider. We have a very good O line and a very talented group of receivers!

Absolutely.. we have Wright for another 2 years cheap, Hunter for another 3.

I presume we'd exercise the 5th year option on their contracts or restructure them, either way i cant see any of them leaving. I think with Walker and Thompson at TE we give pretty good options there.

The issue is how to pay for Cutler, Casey & Verner will want big cash.
    Ok, we'd save 3.5 million a year getting rid of fitz, C2J is all but gone and so is Wimbley.

However we'd need to re-sign Pollard (i hope we do), we also need a healthy MLB as i think McCarthy is gone after this year.

Also on the coaching side...
    After a positive start i think Munch is gone.

Loggains again had a good start but the team while in the lead in games has done some crazy stuff (Greene was running very well yesterday but then CJ came in with Greene healthy)

Gray called a soft blitz and it ended up with Casey covering Tamme on 2 plays :eek:, i've seen that a few times and i really dont get it. He is the best rusher we have and you get him running after a TE!

I see Munch, Loggains, Gray, ST coach going (along with a few others) I could see Greg Williams staying.

They Titans D has a lot of talent but its most certainly not helped by the offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont think yee should go after Cutler, he is always injured. Yee have one of the best offensive lines in the league so would keep him upright, but better out there.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Dont think yee should go after Cutler, he is always injured. Yee have one of the best offensive lines in the league so would keep him upright, but better out there.

Who (thats available)?

Hunter is inactive for the game "violating team rules", Britt is active

Pretty decent performance last night, Titans pounded it away, defense was ok too and the int by Wilson was a thing of beauty!

Perhaps this win and a win against the texans will keep Munch in a job.

Best thing about last night was CJ bashing it up the middle, if he'd done that all season things might have been different

Pretty decent performance last night, Titans pounded it away, defense was ok too and the int by Wilson was a thing of beauty!

Perhaps this win and a win against the texans will keep Munch in a job.

Best thing about last night was CJ bashing it up the middle, if he'd done that all season things might have been different

I don't know if I want Munch to keep his job...

From the various sites, commentators are saying that next season is Websters last chance, if there isn't a big improvement he'll be gone so i think he goes all out to get a new coach and get to the playoffs.

I think Munch is gone

It's looking like the hawks DC is the man for the job and the other interviews so far are just kicking the tires.

Munch has apparently interviewed with the texans for their o-line coach job

• Advertisement

It's looking like the hawks DC is the man for the job and the other interviews so far are just kicking the tires.

Munch has apparently interviewed with the texans for their o-line coach job

I'd actually prefer the hawks OC funny enough. I'm willing to give anyone a chance though

Some discussions on the Titans forum around moving to a 3-4.

Whise said yesterday that they'd employ a hybrid look.

I'd see Sammi Hill/Johnson as the NT
    with Pitotua, Klug, Morgan, Casey as DEs, Casey could probably do NT aswell

Ayers, Brown, Wimbley as OLBs
    I think we'll struggle at ILB though

Some discussions on the Titans forum around moving to a 3-4.

Whise said yesterday that they'd employ a hybrid look.

I'd see Sammi Hill/Johnson as the NT
    with Pitotua, Klug, Morgan, Casey as DEs, Casey could probably do NT aswell

Ayers, Brown, Wimbley as OLBs
    I think we'll struggle at ILB though

I don't like how most mocks have us drafting an offensive lineman with our first prick. I would rather us grab a playmaker on either side of the ball, but preferably a free safety/MLB

I don't like how most mocks have us drafting an offensive lineman with our first prick. I would rather us grab a playmaker on either side of the ball, but preferably a free safety/MLB

Yep, pretty much all mocks have us going at tackle.
    Again im not keen, I think yes Stewart didnt have a great season with injury, Stinginly was decent when he came in, i would be very much in favour of a MLB in the first.

From the various beat writers they are all saying Griffin will be staying, he had a pretty good year, Pollard will probably re-sign too.

MLB is a massive hole, Fokou is a good player but we need a star in there

CJ said he played with a teared meniscuss is knee from the Jets game onwards.

A few people saying this is BS as it would cause him serious issues once he got a hard hit there, however CJ has never ever missed a game or even a practice sessions as far as i can tell so who knows..

CJ said he played with a teared meniscuss is knee from the Jets game onwards.

A few people saying this is BS as it would cause him serious issues once he got a hard hit there, however CJ has never ever missed a game or even a practice sessions as far as i can tell so who knows..

Even if that is true, I don't know if he's still worth what he will be getting paid. I could be mistaken but I think I read that if we cut him we'll take a cap hit of about $8 mil.

So I don't know what makes more sense.

yeah all in the cap hit is 8 million, but hes getting paid 10 million this year, 10 million next year, thats a lot of cash to free up and tbh we'd probably get someone with better production

• Advertisement

As strange as this sounds I actually really enjoy this time of year. Researching the top prospects for the draft, tracking FA moves. Not quite as fun as game days but I really enjoy it all the same

Advertisement