Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I trust him, i just dont trust her....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    I agree with you as well, not every man would do it, but 90% of them would.

F.
    A.
    C.
    T.

Just because you may feel that way about the situation, doesn't mean 90% of men are like you.

Where do you pull a figure like that anyway? Most of my friends are guys.... only 2 or 3 out of say ten would even waver about it. Maybe I just spend too much time with decent men :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Just because you may feel that way about the situation, doesn't mean 90% of men are like you.

Where do you pull a figure like that anyway? Most of my friends are guys.... only 2 or 3 out of say ten would even waver about it. Maybe I just spend too much time with decent men :p

Dam you and your self respect! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

hondasam wrote: »
    I don't agree with this. Not every man will have sex with someone just because it's offered to them.

How do you know?

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

You're not hanging around with real men, that's probably the issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

A decent man is a real man. It takes a real man to stand up and say no when a girl is trying to tempt him in the cheating. It is a weaker man who will take that opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭newport2

I agree with you as well, not every man would do it, but 90% of them would.

F.
    A.
    C.
    T.

Only

D.
    E.
    S.
    P.
    E.
    R.
    A.
    T.
    E.

ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Riddle101 wrote: »
    unless the incident was caused by some form of seduction through drugs or alcohol or something.

so 'turst him/her but i dont trust him when he is drunk' is another 'excuse' not so common one imo

does this wash with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

stiffler2, are you sure you know how debate/discussion works.

Two or more parties with different or the same views will convey their opinion using factual evidence or logical reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Stiffler, just because yer ould wan is a slut dosnt mean the rest of society has no self respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

IMHO when a bloke says to a girl, I wouldn't cheat on you what this means is as follows :

The bloke won't actively go out and look for it, however if it's offered or shoved in his face he more than likely won't refuse.

Women know this hence her term: I trust him, but I don't trust her.

simples...

I know for a fact if i had a gf and another woman came on to me Id say no...
    Because, I've got moralities and honor.

How ever if you wanna sell your self as some week man who can be manipulated bye oposit sex go right ahead... Go live out the stereotypical male,
    who only sees it as some sort of ego boost to share with the boys at the local on a friday night....

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Stiffler, just because yer ould wan is a slut dosnt mean the rest of society has no self respect.

Oh no he didnt! :D

its on! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

seamus wrote: »
    "Don't blame the player, blame the game" really means, "I'm a soulless man-whore with no respect for myself or anyone else, but I feel that I can justify being an asshole to women by referring to it as a game".

Do people really say that?! I mean, as a genuine statement and without taking the pi$$ out of themselves? Wow, just wow. If ever someone deserved to be called a fucking cretin, it's that individual.

Do people really say it though? Really?????

Jesus...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

syklops wrote: »
    Also, if you say "I was thinking of going to watch the footie with the lads later" and she says "What?", she is not indicating that she did not hear you. Like the Lisbon Treaty, she is giving you another attempt at making the 'correct' plan for the evening, e.g., "I was thinking of treating you to a nice meal and I can watch the football highlights later"
    I lolled :D
    Riddle101 wrote: »
    They say that the ones who are insecure or don't trust their other halfs, are actually the ones more likely to cheat, and the reason for their insecurity is because they they become somewhat paranoid about it. Can't remember if that's the exact way of putting it, but it's something like that anyway.
    I'd say it also down to how they view the world. Most people tend to filter how others act through their own worldview. They assume that others do and feel the way they would about a given subject. Even on this thread, one chap assumes that all men will take it if it's offered on a plate, I suspect largely because he would. Liars assume others lie as much as them. Cheaters are more likely to be paranoid, because again they assume others cheat as much as them(plus this helps with any guilt that may surface).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I don't think it's anything to do with her being jealous, insecure or not trusting her boyfriend.
    It can be "I trust him. I just don't trust her not to try it on".
    Not all fellas cheat when it's offered on a plate. Not all fellas cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

seamus wrote: »
    No, "I trust him, I don't trust her" is basically a way of saying, "I don't think he'd ever go out to cheat, but if someone laid it on a plate for him, I don't know if he'd refuse". Or, "I only trust him to a point".
    I hear women say this more often than men, probably because there's a popular perception that men will ride anything that waves a hole at them, whereas women will shoot down any man who makes a go at her.

It's a display of a lack of self-esteem that they believe their partner doesn't have the self-control or respect for the relationship to turn down an offer of sex.

It has zero to do with self esteem.
    For all we know, this girl could think the sun shines out of her own arse - but still doubts her boyfriends ability to turn down a hot chick laying it on a plate -which is after all something an awful lot of blokes just wouldn't do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

ejmaztec wrote: »
    How do you know?

:pac:

There has to be some good loyal men in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Wibbs wrote: »
    Cheaters are more likely to be paranoid, because again they assume others cheat as much as them(plus this helps with any guilt that may surface).

Gotta say I disagree with that bit.
    I've never cheated on anyone. Ever.
    But I've been cheated on. A lot. And therefore I am more likely to be paranoid about it happening to me yet again.
    Sometimes insecurities come from previous experience.

As for the line in the OP about trusting him but not her......I amn't sure. I'd like to think I would trust whomever I end up with but with my history I'd nearly be waiting for it to happen again.

hondasam wrote: »
    There has to be some good loyal men in the world.

I think the jury is out on that one :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I think she a point to an extent. Proof of which comes from the sheer number ofthe fat/out of shape people you see around.

People often find it difficult not eating fast food because it tastes so good. Even though they know it's not in their own best interest it can be too hard to resist the pleasure when it's in front of you.

So in summary I think she thinks her boyfriend has good intentions to eat a healthy diet and isn't looking for McDonald's but if someone put it in front of him where it smells so good, he would find it hard to say no.

Edit:
    She thinks the other girl is out loOking for fast food and doesn't care about her health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

davet82 wrote: »
    I think the jury is out on that one :pac:

You trying to make all us women paranoid:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    I think it's more likely that the woman wanted to communicate her unease to her friend without sounding like she didn't trust her boyfriend or admitting that he'd be the type to do that.

Im going with this post op, the whole "i trust him, i just dont trust her" reeks of insecurity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

wasnt quite what i was expecting from AH... well answered dude :)

Seamus is one of the few people I know who can use a phrase like "waves a hole at them" and the post still sounds like something you'd read in a psychology magazine. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Maybe the ladies on boards can explain this one to me...

Overhearing a conversation yesterday, two girls discussing one of their boyfriends. First girl is telling how her boyfriend had given a female neighbour a lift home, which she really didnt like. Then, (not the first girl i've heard) saying, 'its not that i dont trust him, its her i dont trust'. Now surely that is a contradiction in itself?

Can a bloke mess around and it not be his fault?

Translation:
    I wouldn't trust him as far as I'd throw him. However, if this happens I can blame her, therefore there is no need to question my taste in men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Girls are sluts and will throw themselves at any man because they can't control themselves.

or so I think anyway.

Bitches can't keep their hands off my man ... :mad:

EDIT: serious reply now, I have siad that before, and know why? I did trust him but didn't trust this random slut who kept texting him, random slut then tried to drop the hand, tried it on with him, he said no and pushed her away.

So I was right to trust him but not her. I knew that he valued the relationship, but that random slut couldn't give two sh*ts except to get her hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Girls are sluts and will throw themselves at any man because they can't control themselves.

or so I think anyway.
    Lets just see what TLL has to say about this... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Maybe the ladies on boards can explain this one to me...

Overhearing a conversation yesterday, two girls discussing one of their boyfriends. First girl is telling how her boyfriend had given a female neighbour a lift home, which she really didnt like. Then, (not the first girl i've heard) saying, 'its not that i dont trust him, its her i dont trust'. Now surely that is a contradiction in itself?

Can a bloke mess around and it not be his fault?

This is all very simple. She in fact does not trust her boyfriend, in fact she is fairly confident that he would throw one into just about anyone that offered but she is making excuses for his infidelity already and trying to convince herself of her own delusions.

Once a man cheated, speaking as a gayer, and I'm sure many of the ladies will agree the best thing to do is stick a big red bow on his head and send him off to whoever it was that seemed like a better option.

Remember, men cheat for the same reason dogs lick their balls ... because they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Maybe she just does not want some easy girl trying it on with her fella at all-she might not fear that anything will happen but does not want said easy girl to have a chance to try it on.

I would not want my missus hanging around some lad I knew wanted to bounce her bones, regardless of trust.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

smash wrote: »
    Lets just see what TLL has to say about this... :pac:

I'm allowed my opinion.

Too many sluts in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

I'm allowed my opinion.

No such thing as a slut, just ladys who know how to enjoy themselves ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Both sexes I assume.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement