Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I trust him, i just dont trust her....

Options
  • 26-04-2012 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

Maybe the ladies on boards can explain this one to me...

Overhearing a conversation yesterday, two girls discussing one of their boyfriends. First girl is telling how her boyfriend had given a female neighbour a lift home, which she really didnt like. Then, (not the first girl i've heard) saying, 'its not that i dont trust him, its her i dont trust'. Now surely that is a contradiction in itself?

Can a bloke mess around and it not be his fault?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

One for The Ladies Lounge......oh and good luck :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, "I trust him, I don't trust her" is basically a way of saying, "I don't think he'd ever go out to cheat, but if someone laid it on a plate for him, I don't know if he'd refuse". Or, "I only trust him to a point".
    I hear women say this more often than men, probably because there's a popular perception that men will ride anything that waves a hole at them, whereas women will shoot down any man who makes a go at her.

It's a display of a lack of self-esteem that they believe their partner doesn't have the self-control or respect for the relationship to turn down an offer of sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

davet82 wrote: »

Anyone can mess around and say it's not their fault. Everyone blames someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Overhearing a conversation yesterday, two girls discussing one of their boyfriends. First girl is telling how her boyfriend had given a female neighbour a lift home, which she really didnt like. Then, (not the first girl i've heard) saying, 'its not that i dont trust him, its her i dont trust'. Now surely that is a contradiction in itself?

I think it's more likely that the woman wanted to communicate her unease to her friend without sounding like she didn't trust her boyfriend or admitting that he'd be the type to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

seamus wrote: »
    No, "I trust him, I don't trust her" is basically a way of saying, "I don't think he'd ever go out to cheat, but if someone laid it on a plate for him, I don't know if he'd refuse". Or, "I only trust him to a point".
    I hear women say this more often than men, probably because there's a popular perception that men will ride anything that waves a hole at them, whereas women will shoot down any man who makes a go at her.

It's a display of a lack of self-esteem that they believe their partner doesn't have the self-control or respect for the relationship to turn down an offer of sex.

wasnt quite what i was expecting from AH... well answered dude :)

• Advertisement

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    I think it's more likely that the woman wanted to communicate her unease to her friend without sounding like she didn't trust her boyfriend or admitting that he'd be the type to do that.

good answer too, that also makes sense...

i'm learning alot today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

yeah, bitches be crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Surely if she trusts her fella, that should cover the fact that if the other bird "drops the hand" or whatever, then she trusts her fella to tell her hes not interested!

IMO there are 2 instances where she says this:
    a) she doesnt trust her fella, or
    b) shes insecure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Don't spend anytime trying to apply logic, in matters of the heart it just goes out the window.

When it comes to women they regularly employ a bit of subterfuge, it keeps things interesting.

Often times a women will mean the opposite of what she said. For example:

"Its not you, its me" means it really is you.
    "You do whatever you want" means "If you even consider doing what you want to do you won't see the inside of my vagina for a week"
    "Fine!" means "that is totally not fine"
    Even, "I trust him, I just dont trust her" means, "If she puts it on a plate for him, I dont trust him to still say no"
    Also, if you say "I was thinking of going to watch the footie with the lads later" and she says "What?", she is not indicating that she did not hear you. Like the Lisbon Treaty, she is giving you another attempt at making the 'correct' plan for the evening, e.g., "I was thinking of treating you to a nice meal and I can watch the football highlights later"

hondasam wrote: »
    Anyone can mess around and say it's not their fault. Everyone blames someone else.

but i've heard the cheated, saying it wasnt really their fault. i never got that either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

wilkie2006 wrote: »

Exactly, great post.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

FatherLen wrote: »
    yeah, bitches be crazy.
    wait till he finds out then bitches will be running crazy

yesh and mabe dont blame the player blame the game will be here at some stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

beco2010 wrote: »
    wait till he finds out then bitches will be running crazy

yesh and mabe dont blame the player blame the game will be here at some stage :D

eh what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Basically she was saying that the neighbour is better looking than her.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Don't blame the player, blame the game" really means, "I'm a soulless man-whore with no respect for myself or anyone else, but I feel that I can justify being an asshole to women by referring to it as a game".

but i've heard the cheated, saying it wasnt really their fault. i never got that either

No one wants to be cheated on, it's easier to say he would never have done it if she did not lead him on but really there is only one person to blame and that's the cheater.
    Blaming the other person makes it easier to make allowances for the cheater and it's somewhere to direct your anger.
    I'm not sure if men blame the other man for his wife/gf cheating as much as women blame the other woman for leading her man on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

fwiw, it can also plainly mean that she simply doesn't trust the person. Making advances on someone elses partner is a breach of trust in and of itself, regardless of how said partner reacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

"Don't blame the player, blame the game" really means, "I'm a soulless man-whore with no respect for myself or anyone else, but I feel that I can justify being an asshole to women by referring to it as a game".
    a game that is played both ways and often has

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

maybe if you were envolved in the conversation and not eavesdropping you would of had more of an idea with regards to what she meant?

Although my stab of it would be, "Yer wan down the road is a slapper and would go on and get off with her fella without thinking whether or not he was really into it. She recons her fella isn't though."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Cianos wrote: »
    fwiw, it can also plainly mean that she simply doesn't trust the person. Making advances on someone elses partner is a breach of trust in and of itself, regardless of how said partner reacts.

I agree with this, having said this famous line once before. There was someone who's motives I didn't trust. I trusted my boyfriend. I was fairly sure he wouldn't cheat on me with her or anyone else.... but she gave me an uneasy feeling.

Some women do seem to fight for the intentions of a man who is taken - and they aren't trustworthy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Maybe she thinks the woman is going to sexually assault him or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

IMHO when a bloke says to a girl, I wouldn't cheat on you what this means is as follows :

The bloke won't actively go out and look for it, however if it's offered or shoved in his face he more than likely won't refuse.

Women know this hence her term: I trust him, but I don't trust her.

simples...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    IMHO when a bloke says to a girl, I wouldn't cheat on you what this means is as follows :

The bloke won't actively go out and look for it, however if it's offered or shoved in his face he more than likely won't refuse.

Women know this hence her term: I trust him, but I don't trust her.

simples...

Eh... no...

Eh... no...

Ehhhh......YYYYYEEEEAAAHHHHHHH

Ehhhh......YYYYYEEEEAAAHHHHHHH

Still no.

I don't agree with this. Not every man will have sex with someone just because it's offered to them.

Still no.

again.....YEEAAHHHH

hondasam wrote: »
    I don't agree with this. Not every man will have sex with someone just because it's offered to them.

I agree with you as well, not every man would do it, but 90% of them would.

F.
    A.
    C.
    T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

And those relationships are doomed. It's a cliche but one can't be a relationship with someone they don't trust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Riddle101

They say that the ones who are insecure or don't trust their other halfs, are actually the ones more likely to cheat, and the reason for their insecurity is because they they become somewhat paranoid about it. Can't remember if that's the exact way of putting it, but it's something like that anyway.

As for the the "I trust him, I don't trust her" line. I'm not really the best opinion on the matter. But i've a friend who was cheated on, and blames both parties for cheating. I kind've agree and think a person has enough self control to be able to stop something from happening, unless the incident was caused by some form of seduction through drugs or alcohol or something. But if a person is in their normal state of mind then he/she should be able to resist the urge to cheat unless they actually are unfaitful.

As far as the woman saying "I trust him, I don't trust her" goes. I think it's quite obvious that the woman is jealous and insecure and proberly over protective of her boyfriend as well. The fact she wasn't too happy about the bf giving another woman a lift, is an indicator of that.

Advertisement