Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC SF: Clermont Auvergne vs Leinster; Sunday 29 April, KO 1600(CET); Live Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

ambid wrote: »
    Agree. Strauss has had some criticism here and he and Cronin both threw crooked darts, but the problems seem more than only the throws (but I'm not an expert). I've been hoping the underperforming lineouts have been just an off day, then another off day...

It's getting a little worrying now. Muller & Tuohy will certainly try to target it.

Problem seemed to more with the lifters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Saints fans deliciously bitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

mhtc wrote: »

This is how I imagine all the posters in those threads look...

dawson-crying.jpg?w=400

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

SOB is a 7 all day long for me. I don't know whether people think moving him to 6 will free him up for more bull-dozing runs, or what the story is, but it's not quite that simple.

The main reason he's no longer as barnstorming with ball in hand is because he gets taken at the ankles too easily; ever since Wales in the WC every team does it to him. He made one impressive run today, where he got to use his shoulder fend and forearm to dispense with 2 or 3 tacklers. Most other occasions he's timbered from the ankles.

Getting him to pump his legs a bit more in contact would have far more impact on his ball carrying than moving him to 6, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I have no problem admitting I got very tetchy during the game, in fact I'm only just home from a friends (an Ulster supporter). Nor do I mind admitting that at times I thought clermont were gonna over power leinster and that would be it for the HC, but I'm DELIGHTED it's an all Ireland final and two of the most deserving teams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

mhtc wrote: »
    Congrats to Leinster! An away win in France in a HC semi-final is no small achievement.
    Be sure to buy Wayne Barnes a pint the next time you see him ;)

The last line is a just a joke by the way! Although the general consensus is that he let Leinster get away with a huge amount.

Quins fans
    Tigers fans
    Saracens fans
    boards.ie
    Saints fans
    Sharks fans

God bless em but all they have is their bitterness. That and the Premiership, so yeah pretty much all they have worth talking about is bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Pretty amazing that a team with a player who intentionally snapped a players arm can give out about Leinster getting away with foul play!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tbf the Cullen incident being missed was ridiculous.

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I have no problem admitting I got very tetchy during the game, in fact I'm only just home from a friends (an Ulster supporter). Nor do I mind admitting that at times I thought clermont were gonna over power leinster and that would be it for the HC, but I'm DELIGHTED it's an all Ireland final and two of the most deserving teams.

(4294967295) thanks from:

??? Weird.

Tbf the Cullen incident being missed was ridiculous.

So was the incident on Cullen at the end though

• Advertisement

MungBean wrote: »

??? Weird.

Saw that too wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Fishooks12 wrote: »

I don't think it was missed. Didn't Barnes tell him to not do that again straight after? It wasn't that bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fishooks12 wrote: »

What happened? Didn't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

RachaelVO wrote: »

??? Weird.

Saw that too. Clearly a lot of people are happy with the honesty here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

NoelJ wrote: »
    I don't think it was missed. Didn't Barnes tell him to not do that again straight after? It wasn't that bad at all.

A flying headbutt?

I wouldn't read into those boards too much judging by the fact that they're freely allowed use slurs like "Mick" and "paddies", plus the actually idiotic level of discussion, I reckon that the mods are so bad that any worthwhile rugby thinker doesn't bother with the site

Cullen nearly lost his head...literally.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Don't know what's been going on in the thread but I'm just home from Bordeaux and have to say I fcuking love Leinster!! What a weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Watching the end again and the Clermont 20 clearly head butts Leo and then proceeds to try and twist his head off. Wonder if he'll be cited for it.

cheap, nasty and dangerous - warranting a lengthy ban

ps how leo didn't retaliate , just shows his discipline

French replacement flanker headbutted/charge into him while he was stood up in a ruck. Then proceeded to grab him in a headlock and claw at his face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

tolosenc wrote: »
    I was screaming at the TV about that. Should have been the match ending penalty. I'd have been furious if they had scored after that.

Yup, I'll admit I saw it all unfolding, same as SOB being held against Toulouse last year. Though, "Here we go, a Clermont win at the death and another healthy bit of foul play to boot" but thankfully Leinster held out, just another measure of their strength as a team!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

this made me chuckle
    Re: Wayne Barnes again..
    Posted by: jojo (IP Logged)
    Date: 29 April, 2012 19:46

Wayne was reffing the game according to ERC regulations which state that Irish teams are to get ALL 50:50 decisions.

ERC state that Ireland is only a small country and needs all the help it can get in these troubled times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Successful teams aren't popular. Barca get a lot of stick, so I guess you have to take it as a compliment..

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Anyone know where I can watch highlights of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Tg4 player? Their official site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

thebaz wrote: »
    cheap, nasty and dangerous - warranting a lengthy ban

ps how leo didn't retaliate , just shows his discipline

did you not see Leo earlier in the match lucky not to get a yellow

I think Cullen was wound up in the first half

He probably took a few minutes at half time composed himself and had a stormer of a second half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

A flying headbutt?

The smack Cullen let out. Barnes did see it and said as much as basically, you know that wasn't the right thing to do, I know you're annoyed, don't do it again. For the headbutt Barnes was, as usual, nowhere to be seen. Cullen even looks up for him and clearly sees there's nothing coming so lets the child continue to swing out of his lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

I thought Barnes missed quite a lot of dirty play by Clermont although he did penalise them 4 or 5 times during the game for lack of discipline at the breakdown. Clermont are one of the dirtiest sides in Europe along with Leicester imo. So glad I bought my tickets for the final last November. My old man is flying over from Dublin. Should be a great day out...

The Ulster fans should have a great day too, visit to Buckingham palace int he morning then on to Twickers!

x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

duckysauce wrote: »
    did you not see Leo earlier in the match lucky not to get a yellow

Guy (not sure which Clermont player) was dragging him into the ruck illegaly, cullen barely slapped him away and the guy dives better then Messi in the box...pathetic, never a yellow. Clermont have been a dirty dirty side for years...the Leicester of France!

Advertisement