Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC SF: Clermont Auvergne vs Leinster; Sunday 29 April, KO 1600(CET); Live Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Has anyone tried to book match tickets yet? Keeps saying tcikets not available and then divert you to a site called "GET ME IN" who are charging fortunes for tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to book match tickets yet? Keeps saying tcikets not available and then divert you to a site called "GET ME IN" who are charging fortunes for tickets

Is it not sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Healy always represents value for a small bet

Usually around 40/1

Nice call! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Well done Leinster - yet another heroic performance. Just as much as 'luck' plays a part in being the best team in Europe, there will always be people who are bitter and jealous. I ignore them. That's what we should all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Leo Cullen shouldn't be cited, when I seen the reaction of the Clermont player, he should have hit him harder and STILL not be cited. In the words of Nigel Owens "this is not soccer".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Highlights on TG4 now.

If Cullen is sited then so is any player who engages in handbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

I cant see Cullen getting cited. Ref seen it and called it a penalty, could have been a yellow but definitely not a red. No different than Terblanch yesterday. Threw a dig, didnt exactly knock any teeth out, was spotted and pinged at the time. End of of it as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Sean O Brien was back to his best today. He's playing like a World Class 7 these days, and his steal at the end was incredible. I can't see him playing opposite Ferris for the final. I'd start K McLaughlin. Jennings was poor today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Ye're so lucky to have 2 top class scrum halves in Leinster. Boss played very very well today and was a nightmare around the fringes. To be able to bring on Reddan who seemed to speed things up just a little bit is a luxury that very few teams have.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Conas wrote: »
    Leo Cullen shouldn't be cited, when I seen the reaction of the Clermont player, he should have hit him harder and STILL not be cited. In the words of Nigel Owens "this is not soccer".

He was correct.
    But it shouldn't have been boxing either!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Only thinking now how well Ulster have done to get here. At the time of the draw they seemed to have an impossible group. They were possibly unlucky not to win that group, then winning in Thomond. They deserve immense credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,153 ✭✭✭✭phog

Great win and great defence especially in the 2nd half, I didn't think it would come down to the wire though especially after Leinster getting the try and dg, thought they were home and hosed.

Great to see an an All Irish final, Sky will love it for their build up and tickets will be like hens teeth which will suit the touts :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

phog wrote: »
    Great win and great defence especially in the 2nd half, I didn't think it would come down to the wire though especially after Leinster getting the try and dg, thought they were home and hosed.

Great to see an an All Irish final, Sky will love it for their build up and tickets will be like hens teeth which will suit the touts :mad:

Went to buy one this morning then an uncle texts from Cornwall...don't buy yet and sure we'll all go together....yeah they're sold out now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,153 ✭✭✭✭phog

To all the people who are talking up Clermont making out they are some sort of world beaters-they only beat Ulster in a game they had to win but Ulster didnt, at home, 19-15. Today Clermont will be playing the best team in Europe. Leinster will win this match I am sure of it.

Is that why you waited until now to try and buy tickets :)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

I cannot wait for Ferris and SOB to meet full blooded, something tells me Twickenham wont be big enough for the both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

SOB had another great break today

And carried very effectively in the first half aswell as getting through a mammoth amount of work in the second half

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Adrenaline still pumping. Classic game. Brilliant result. Tickets already in hand for the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

A fantastic win for Leinster but good god, I needed CPR after that nail biting finish.

Leinster nearly handed it away in the final few minutes and I honestly thought it was all over when Clermont started celebrating.

See you all in Twickenham ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

That was probably a bit of an ugly performance and Clermont can feel aggrieved at many decisions but we got a bit of luck when we needed it and we ground out the win like the great teams can.

I felt our defence wasn't as good as it usually is today for large parts of the game. I felt many times our first tackler failed. It's something to work on for the final. Although we were immense in the last few minutes.

Also felt we weren't as creative as normal, although Clermonts defence was pretty good so was always going to be hard to be our normal selves.

Onwards and upwards. I want 3 cups to our name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

phog wrote: »
    Is that why you waited until now to try and buy tickets :)....

No was trying to get more...I already had mine...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

shuffol wrote: »
    I cannot wait for Ferris and SOB to meet full blooded, something tells me Twickenham wont be big enough for the both of them.
    I wouldn't be so sure about Ferris tbh.

He wasn't at his best yesterday or in the QF against Munster. He looks like he's playing on one leg. He'll definitely start the final but I'm sure he's not at 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Explain something please.

Couple of posters here said Darce had 'not one of his better days' but the tackle count shows him at 14/0 compared to BOD 6/0.

is the tackle count just a reflection that they were targeting Darce. Even if so, doesn't he deserve huge credit for putting in so many tackles and missing none.

I mean either

A: he went out and tackled his arse off

or

B: they saw him as a weak link but he fronted up and didn't miss a man in the whole game despite them throwing guys down his channel all match long.

Either way, fair play Darce, no??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I would have liked to see the Sexton miss from the camera behind where he kicked, the French controller only showed 2 angles, ye it's a mute point but I reckon if we could see the kick from behind Sexton it would have been inside the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

gosplan wrote: »
    Explain something please.

Couple of posters here said Darce had 'not one of his better days' but the tackle count shows him at 14/0 compared to BOD 6/0.

is the tackle count just a reflection that they were targeting Darce. Even if so, doesn't he deserve huge credit for putting in so many tackles and missing none.

I mean either

A: he went out and tackled his arse off

or

B: they saw him as a weak link but he fronted up and didn't miss a man in the whole game despite them throwing guys down his channel all match long.

Either way, fair play Darce, no??

More often than not a 12 will have to tackle a lot more than a 13

Darcy was solid if not spectacular today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Darce was very good without being spectacular. He gets through large amounts of work defensively, not only in terms of tackling but he rucks as hard as many flankers. He was the one who took down Fofana on the charge that forced the difficult grounding and knock on. That was a superb tackle. It's with good reason that he isn't taken off in these types of game when it's a real scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

well done leinster - missed the match , so had to watch it on TG4 replay , couldn't understand a word , but funnily eneogh the Ads were all crystal clear - **** sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

What a match! Jesus! ok Leinster only played like they can played for 10 mins at the start of both halves, but what an incredible defensive effort against great french champions. Barnes helped us out (no yellows>?? seriously? given 14 pens a piece?) Darcy was an extra 6, BOD, Kearney, Nacewa all played like back row forwards actually. Scrum somehow stuck it out, looked ominous at times, but well well deserved!

All Ireland Final in Twickenham!

fack yar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

great match well done Leinster, guess ye are going to be putting an extra star on that jersey

from a bitter Munster fan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

One thing tho, WHAT WAS SOB DOING TRYING A CHIP!!!!

MAORI STEP THE SCRUM HLAF NEXT TIME YOU DO THAT SEANIE!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Fofanna lost that game for Clermont. What was he at trying to do some fancy backwards one handed touchdown...still only fingertips from a try though. So yeah..go leinster..lucky to be in the final.

Advertisement