Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC SF: Clermont Auvergne vs Leinster; Sunday 29 April, KO 1600(CET); Live Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

I was waiting for Clermont to score at the end by touching the ball off the posts in the huge melee.
    Thorn then made the tackle which gave SOB the chance to grab the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

profitius wrote: »
    For once I actually agree with you. I think Barnes won the game for us and I think clermont will feel hard done by.

Hopefully they bounce back as the competition needs French teams that are that interested in it.

That said I'm off to twickenham and for once I'm flying in and out of the country it's on in:D

Barnes didn't win the game for Leinster. A few decisions went for them and a few against them. The crowd were very vocal and sky then showed replays of what they were shouting about.

At one stage BOD should have had a clear penalty but the ref let Clermont continue.

French TV controlling pictures showing every possible Leinster indiscrection..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Quint2010 wrote: »

Barnes did Leinster favours. Just admit it and move on.

You need luck to win three HECs in four years. Just being the best team usually doesn't get you that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Ah....Tar...Brush....:D

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Hi guys, could anyone tell me what heppened with cullen towards the end of the match, my stream was cutting in and out. Cheers
    Looks like he got grabbed around the face and eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Lucky my arse. They earned that lead and were able to keep it (and possibly should have had a bigger one, I'm not convinced Sextons kick was bad). Sexton kicked accurately, Kearney took his drop and created a great try for Healy.

They did what needed doing unlike Clermont who put themselves in a position to be chasing the game and ended up desperately looking 5 points in the last 10. It isnt unlucky when that doesnt come off its tough shít.

Well earned and deserved win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭twinytwo

And Clermont should have been penalised far more for holding players at fringes. Also a Clermont player hit Boss in the first couple of minutes so could easily have been off as well.

We did not rely on luck to win that game. We won away against one of the best teams in France with a brilliant performance. To call that lucky discredits perhaps our best performance of all time. We weren't lucky, we were good.

You could say every team is lucky in some every single week I suppose.

I would say it is prob the most important game leinster have played, hardly their best though.

Clermont butchering the try at the end..... is what???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Wanna go see the cardiologist, but I presume there is a queue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Leinster were the better side but there was luck involved- The CA 'try' at the end, if he had grounded that- it was over, and it was his own fault he didn't.

You make your own luck though and winning teams maximise it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

You need luck to win three HECs in four years. Just being the best team usually doesn't get you that far.

Barnes did Clermont favours as well. He did not favour either team particularly. Ignored some blatant Clermont foul play. Thought he was very balanced.

Leinster deserved to win today.

• Advertisement

twinytwo wrote: »
    And Clermont should have been penalised far more for holding players at fringes. Also a Clermont player hit Boss in the first couple of minutes so could easily have been off as well.

We did not rely on luck to win that game. We won away against one of the best teams in France with a brilliant performance. To call that lucky discredits perhaps our best performance of all time. We weren't lucky, we were good.

You could say every team is lucky in some every single week I suppose.

I would say it is prob the most important game leinster have played, hardly their best though.

Their fault?

I would say its their best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Of course it was lucky. Sexton not being given the points for that penalty was unlucky. That's rugby. Leinster got some luck, Clermont got some luck and the better team won over the 80 minutes. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Tox56 wrote: »
    Their fault?

Lucky for Leinster though, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Quint2010 wrote: »

The bitterness, it makes it even sweeter.

Yes he did give Leinster a fair amount of 50:50 calls. But I thought Leinster were the better team on the day, scored the only try of the game and were unlucky with the decision on the penalty. Look to win away in France as you well know you need luck and yes we got some but the best teams always get the luck and there is no way you will ever convince me Leinster were not the better team on the day. And I will move on-all the way to Twickenham

Tox56 wrote: »
    Their fault?

Lucky for Clermont Sexton didn't get that penalty?

If Fofana had just dropped the ball it would be lucky.

He was tackled by a Leinster Player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

They haven't won three.

Being the best team helps. So does courage, intelligence, hard work and luck.

lol... so you going to say that none of that happend. Open your eyes ;)

I prefer to focus on the positives.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lads, relax, Leinster, deservedly won, its an All Ireland Final in TW1, and Connacht are in Europe's Premier competition next year.

Here's some Britney!

Barnes did Clermont favours as well. He did not favour either team particularly. Ignored some blatant Clermont foul play. Thought he was very balanced.

Leinster deserved to win today.

lets be serious for a sec, had clermont scored at the end you would be caling all sorts of shenanigans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

Disappointing seeing so many begrudgers on here. Don't see how this win was lucky. Fofana dropping the ball has nothing to do with luck. Someone had to make the tackle, he was tired from an exhausting 80 minutes and any other number of things. Then again, haters gonna hate. Best team in Europe of the professional era, probably ever TBH. Can't wait for the final. Would encourage all the Cullen haters to watch it again. He was huge for us. Maybe one of his best ever performances. Involved in everything and definitely are biggest tackler. Best captain going atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

lets be serious for a sec, had clermont scored at the end you would be caling all sorts of shenanigans

It's killing you isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Love the hate being shown by some of the immature Munster fans. Some clearly looking to introduce a soccer mentality of complete bitterness between rivals. Get over it and just be happy for Irish rugby in general. If you really hate Leinster that much just cheer for Ulster!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Actually can't believe the bitching going on here

Probably the most historic occasion in Irish club rugby in a few weeks

Luck plays a part in every game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'd like to thank Vern Cotter for taking off Hines with 25 minutes still left to play. He was playing brilliantly and him coming off really changed the tide in Leinsters favour.

I thought it was a very strange decision.

CouchSmart wrote: »
    Disappointing seeing so many begrudgers on here. Don't see how this win was lucky. Fofana dropping the ball has nothing to do with luck. Someone had to make the tackle, he was tired from an exhausting 80 minutes and any other number of things. Then again, haters gonna hate. Best team in Europe of the professional era, probably ever TBH. Can't wait for the final. Would encourage all the Cullen haters to watch it again. He was huge for us. Maybe one of his best ever performances. Involved in everything and definitely are biggest tackler. Best captain going atm.

He improved in the second half I will give him that.

It's killing you isn't it?

nope not really, its called being realistic.

We all know had clermont scored most people would be blaming the ref for the loss of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Who was MOTM?

Advertisement