Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Corps Cadetship 2012

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

Right lads just back, so where we at now :D

Speed of sound, mach number, wait a min what was this thread about again :confused::confused::confused:

Seriously I think the mods should split this thread or get it back on Topic, you wanna talk about Pof (Those stability lectures were a nightmare hehe ;)) then open a new one.

On a side note good luck to everyone who applies to the Air Corps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

bombs away wrote: »

Seriously I think the mods should split this thread ps.

Would I be correct that there appears to be only one active mod on this aviation board?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Bearcat wrote: »
    Would I be correct that there appears to be only one active mod on this aviation board?

Forum Mods: andy_g, pclancy
    Category Mods: Dades, nesf, Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Safety

Hi everyone, I'm knew to this but had the prelimery interview today for the Air Corps. I thought it had gone well but received an email an hour after interview stating I had not been successful. I was well able to answer everything and even seemed to be talkin further about q's asked on technical stuff that the people interviewing had admit they had little knowledge of. The impression I got thinking after is that the 5 jobs going for the Air Corps are already decided! what does everyone think?? I'm after achieving a level 8 qualification and thought I had a good chance of going further in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭LeftBase

Safety wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm knew to this but had the prelimery interview today for the Air Corps. I thought it had gone well but received an email an hour after interview stating I had not been successful. I was well able to answer everything and even seemed to be talkin further about q's asked on technical stuff that the people interviewing had admit they had little knowledge of. The impression I got thinking after is that the 5 jobs going for the Air Corps are already decided! what does everyone think?? I'm after achieving a level 8 qualification and thought I had a good chance of going further in the competition.

Although I have no knowledge per say of the Air Corps there was an opinion expressed in this thread that they know who they want for one reason or another. Many people would share your story in past years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Davehopper

Safety wrote: »

i aggree, its a ****in jke! ive aplide 5 yeers in row nd hvnt got in yet. ive aced d intervew every time. ive produce a record ov my flight hrs frm flight sim, which i mst say are impressive. ive told thm what i thnk the aer corp dose wrong nd was able 2 mke sugestions on how to improve the organisation.

lookin bak id say nt very many ppl came close 2 my standaard. i even have online awards for difficult flights completed in bad weather and all from both fsx and flight sim 2004. even still i woz unsuccseful every time. msut b a fukn FIX!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Davehopper wrote: »
    i aggree, its a ****in jke! ive aplide 5 yeers in row nd hvnt got in yet. ive aced d intervew every time. ive produce a record ov my flight hrs frm flight sim, which i mst say are impressive. ive told thm what i thnk the aer corp dose wrong nd was able 2 mke sugestions on how to improve the organisation.

lookin bak id say nt very many ppl came close 2 my standaard. i even have online awards for difficult flights completed in bad weather and all from both fsx and flight sim 2004. even still i woz unsuccseful every time. msut b a fukn FIX!

Ha what a pisstake!!!!

A320 wrote: »
    Ha what a pisstake!!!!

thnks 4 d self esteem bosst :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

thnks 4 d self esteem bosst :(

Well im afraid to say Davehopper that flight sim x and 2004 dont stand much for real flying in pc9's

andy_g wrote: »
    Well im afraid to say Davehopper that flight sim x and 2004 dont stand much for real flying in pc9's

ehhhhh, wat do u mean! is a SIMULATOR, d clu is in d name. and i actually fly d pc9 in fsx, happy now?

• Advertisement

ehhhhh, wat do u mean! is a SIMULATOR, d clu is in d name. and i actually fly d pc9 in fsx, happy now?

So has your level D sim been certified by any chance? also has a real instructor signed off on your hours?

So has your level D sim been certified by any chance? also has a real instructor signed off on your hours?

tnks 4 trying 2 put me dwn, but i know im good. i have online certs oh and i am a member of vatsim. how many oder aplicants can say dat!!!!!!!!!!!

So i'll ask again before i class ya a troll. Has your "Level D sim" been certified to flight train if so please list the certification number and name of in spector.

So i'll ask again before i class ya a troll. Has your "Level D sim" been certified to flight train if so please list the certification number and name of in spector.

it hasnt been YET, dat doesnt mean its not as good as the pro sims!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Don't bother it's a wind up, see PTC thread.

Ugh I have had enough troll meat to feed me for a month.

Davehopper perma banned for trolling.

Ugh I have had enough troll meat to feed me for a month.

Davehopper perma banned for trolling.

why? im nnot trolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

why? im nnot trolling!

Ya good one:P

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Lustrum

In fairness to him, the way things are going with government cutbacks it could turn out that the Aer Corps are reduced to carrying out their missions on flight sim and then he'd be perfect for the job!

You don't mind these guys Davehopper - and an online award for bad weather flying, WOW! My hot wife and perfect kids from The Sims think you're brilliant too....now off I go to save the world in Call of Duty, sure it's the exact same as real life

Lustrum wrote: »
    In fairness to him, the way things are going with government cutbacks it could turn out that the Aer Corps are reduced to carrying out their missions on flight sim and then he'd be perfect for the job!

You don't mind these guys Davehopper - and an online award for bad weather flying, WOW! My hot wife and perfect kids from The Sims think you're brilliant too....now off I go to save the world in Call of Duty, sure it's the exact same as real life

I's say he'd be knocked off kilter when DUB FIS gave him the QNH and not the altimeter and it was in millibars and not inches of mercury!:D

Excuse the joke Davehopper...I'm in a good mood because I scored a hat-trick against Liverpool at lastnight in the FA cup...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Paxi_R6

Air Corp are a major let down ,Need a 3rd language ? why!!!!!!! I took 3 Higher Level and Rest Ordinary is that not good Enough ? For Aer Lingus it is for cadets ...........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Paxi_R6 wrote: »
    Air Corp are a major let down ,Need a 3rd language ? why!!!!!!! I took 3 Higher Level and Rest Ordinary is that not good Enough ? For Aer Lingus it is for cadets ...........

I think it's based on matriculation requirements for universities (NUI?)

As they often put cadets (army)
    through uni they need to have matriculated at least.
    Air Corps cadets have to be as good as the other cadets it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

You can hardly be surprised. This is a long standing requirement for both the Air Corps and Army cadets. It was introduced as a requirement as far back as the early 1980s.

I remember it well because it killed my ambition of becoming an Air Corps pilot being introduce just as I became eligible to apply. Talk about lousy timing. I applied anyway and even got well into the process before I was outed.:(

If only!

Young officers are often sent to NUIG to study. You must meet the matriculaton requirements to be accepted.

Paxi_R6 wrote: »

In fairness there is a bit more using the head on a day to day basis in the Air Corps than there is in commercial flying

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Paxi_R6

Maybe so im just annoyed at the fact you need a 3rd language , Its just stupid >.< air corps and airlines should be looking for people who are passionate about flying ,Not some fancy pony who done great in the leaving cert who couldnt tell the difference between a propeller and jet engine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

No my friend they want someone who wants to be a military officer, not just someone passionate about flying. They also want someone who can attend university, specifically Galway.

They also want someone who has take the trouble to research the requirements quite some time before they apply.

I was unlucky, they changed the rules just when I became eligible to apply. But that was at least 32 years ago. You on the other hand had some time to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Anyone know of they will be looking for pilots in 2014?

Advertisement