Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[EVENT] Tri795 Bunclody Co Wexford

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is he good looking, my 15 month old daughter "might" be allowed play with him;)

He has some of my blood running through his veins. Of course he's beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

DustyBin wrote: »
    Ok folks, due to unexpected demand we had a small problem yesterday with individual entries but all sorted out now and entries open again for the last remaining places - get your entry in now :)

Yes Elvis that was me dealing with the swap for your good wife, thought I recognized the surname alright

Thats all done ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Thats all done ?

Yep no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Signed up to do this race myself. Not sure to take the TT bike or the road bike, Have done a bit of cycling in the area so know there is a good few hills involved! Just wondering if the time made on the tt bike on the flat would be lost on the climbs?

joey100 wrote: »
    Signed up to do this race myself. Not sure to take the TT bike or the road bike, Have done a bit of cycling in the area so know there is a good few hills involved! Just wondering if the time made on the tt bike on the flat would be lost on the climbs?

Well the climb out of transition is eh, lots of fun;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

joey100 wrote: »

I train on this bike route and use the TT bike all the time. None of the hills are that steep that you will be in trouble on the TT bike except maybe for the first 500m out of transition and the 500m up through Clonegal. Every other hill can be done on the aerobars. There are also 2-3 really fast descents (yuo can hit 60kph+ coming back into Bunclody) where the TT bike will really make up time, assuming that the road conditions are dry enough to allow fast descending

TT for me, only got it last week and any excuse to give it a go as its Aug now and soon it won't see daynight for months:(

Don't forgot race closes tonight at 8 !

Great videos on the site of the bike and run route ( i got a flat at 1:17 in the bike one:o )

Just thinking, the water is going to be bloody freezing:eek:

Heated pool Elvis, it's never cold :)

griffin100 wrote: »
    Heated pool Elvis, it's never cold :)

Praise jebus !

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Praise jebus !
    I remember thinking last year that it was bloody freezing when I got in. :p

Right now unmotivated me is trying to think up reasons not to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Oryx wrote: »
    I remember thinking last year that it was bloody freezing when I got in. :p

Right now unmotivated me is trying to think up reasons not to do this.

You mean apart from the reason that it seems to be a front for some sort of wife swapping outfit :eek: :D

I didn't think the standards would drop so fast on the new forum :rolleyes:
    Ok folks, due to unexpected demand we had a small problem yesterday with individual entries but all sorted out now and entries open again for the last remaining places - get your entry in now :)

Yes Elvis that was me dealing with the swap for your good wife, thought I recognized the surname alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Unmotivation, Oryx? At least you're a decent runner, and stand to make up places as the race goes on. Try being good at swimming, mediocre at biking, and crap at running. Very unmotivating, the prospect of being constantly passed from the pool to the finish!

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Unmotivation, Oryx? At least you're a decent runner, and stand to make up places as the race goes on. Try being good at swimming, mediocre at biking, and crap at running. Very unmotivating, the prospect of being constantly passed from the pool to the finish!
    I'm a decent sleeper at the moment, and thats about it. And for the record my biking is worse than yours. Im just there to make you look good. :p
    You mean apart from the reason that it seems to be a front for some sort of wife swapping outfit eek.gifbiggrin.gif
    Reminds me of my favourite saying. No matter how wonderful you think she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her sh!t. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 armen tamzarien

hi, this is my first triathlon & i have a couple of queries i hoped you may be able to help me with, i know a wet suit is not requied for this event, but can you let me know what will people generally wear while swimming ?, and will they change into tri shorts when out of the water ?, also is the run on tarmac or trail ?,
    Sorry for the bombardment of questions but nerves are running high !!!

You can wear a trisuit or swimsuit for the swim. You can then put shorts on in transition if you just have swim gear on. The run is all on tarmac.

Swim waves allocated and emailed out to all participants along with the race manual
    Will be up on club website tomorrow
    Good luck with your race, see you in Bunclody :)
    www.racing795.com

Swim waves allocated and emailed out to all participants along with the race manual
    Will be up on club website tomorrow
    Good luck with your race, see you in Bunclody :)
    www.racing795.com

Very precise race manual, fair play on that, it explains a lot.

I'm in wave 5, which from what I can make out, is the fastest wave, but I presume will start after all the others (ie last)?

Really looking forward to this!

The lads have put a fair bit of work into the manual all right

Yes, wave 1 first, wave 5 last
    Registration and transition close the same time for everyone but plenty of room by the pool to shout on others and get a feel for things before your big splash :)
    Gives you nice warmup time too

Good luck!!

Ok, cards on the table, who's in for predictions?

Swim: 8:30
    T1:1:30
    Bike: 41:00
    T2: 1:30
    Run: 23:00
    Total:1:15:30

Will try and shave those 30 secs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭essdee

I'm in wave 5, which from what I can make out, is the fastest wave

Ooops! I thought this was the slowest wave! I may have been overly optimistic in estimating my swim time - 10 mins.

• Advertisement

Thanks once again guys for a fun race. Well run but so relaxed and friendly as usual. It was nice to meet all you naughty and nice boardsies too (you know which you are ;) ).

And who the hell do you pay to get the weather to play ball as well? More sunshine this year when the rest of the country has rain!

Thanks once again guys for a fun race. Well run but so relaxed and friendly as usual. It was nice to meet all you naughty and nice boardsies too (you know which you are ;) ).

And who the hell do you pay to get the weather to play ball as well? More sunshine this year when the rest of the country has rain!

Yup, hats off to Racing795, this was a fantastic event, you could sense the hard work that went into organizing it. Loads of helpers and marshals, the whole event went off without a hitch.

I presume Oryx means some Boardsie was being naughty by scoffing handfuls of buns, tut tut.

Buns were certainly involved, yes :) Can't wait to hear how everyone did. No results yet I presume?

Buns were certainly involved, yes :) Can't wait to hear how everyone did. No results yet I presume?

I can tell you who got third placed lady if you like??
    Fair play Oryx great racing!! :)
    Neal has your prize

Neal has your prize
    Holy sh.. :) Had no idea. Thanks! >>>big grin<<<

• Registered Users Posts: 7 armen tamzarien

Neal has your prize
    Holy sh.. :) Had no idea. Thanks! >>>big grin<<<

Congratulations to all involved great organisational feat , great race , great crowd, extremely lucky with weather,really enjoyed it ( even if I was 16 mins in pool), anyone know the web address to pick up the results / splits, cheers again guys

Full results now up here:
    http://results.racetectiming.com/Results.aspx?CId=74&RId=20015&EId=1

Jaysus Kurt, that's a fantastic result in your first tri!!

Thanks everyone for racing today, and thanks for the nice comments too, hopefully see you all next year again :)

Not bad but........i was given my wives chip and she got mine;)

Not bad but........i was given my wives chip and she got mine;)

That's the best excuse I've heard yet :)

• Advertisement

griffin100 wrote: »
    That's the best excuse I've heard yet :)

Does appear to be true, though!

Advertisement