Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injured child gets 11.5 million euros

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

She Liked a group entitled 'Call for a revolution in Ireland: We're not paying the household tax':pac::pac:

Would the €11.5 million not cover the household tax..surely the child should be living in a law compliant house?

& out party on a Wednesday, was that to celebrate the windfall?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭firedancer

micropig wrote: »
    She Liked a group entitled 'Call for a revolution in Ireland: We're not paying the household tax':pac::pac:

Would the €11.5 million not cover the household tax..surely the child should be living in a law compliant house?

& out party on a Wednesday, was that to celebrate the windfall?:pac:

do you have any idea how sad it is that you and others even went to the trouble of checking her facebook page???

Seriously, have ye no life at all??????????
    there's a name for people like ye.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If you were driving and suddenly your kid in the back yelled out of the blue "Look at the animals mam!' you would get a fright/be distracted/momentarily lose concentration - anyone would, those who think they're immune to that are deluded. Why the insistence that it was something more sinister when there's no evidence? I know there's no guarantee the scenario I described is the true one either but it seems to me it would be the more likely one.

Not that the Facebook stuff looks too great either though. Idiocy from her pal talking about it being "grand" to drive uninsured.

firedancer wrote: »
    do you have any idea how sad it is that you and others even went to the trouble of checking her facebook page???

You're right. The money was sitting there waiting for someone to claim it.

We should have all been out busy cancelling our insurance policies

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dudess wrote: »
    If you were driving and suddenly your kid in the back yelled out of the blue "Look at the animals mam!' you would get a fright/be distracted/momentarily lose concentration - anyone would, those who think they're immune to that are deluded. Why the insistence that it was something more sinister when there's no evidence? I know there's no guarantee the scenario I described is the true one either but it seems to me it would be the more likely one.

Not that the Facebook stuff looks too great either though. Idiocy from her pal talking about it being "grand" to drive uninsured.

The fact is she was driving uninsured. Then apparently the seatbelt didnt work right or some other nonsense and the child ends up hitting the windscreen an suffering the injuries that has him in the state he's in and making excuses about why she ended up going across to the wrong side of the road and hitting another car all sounded very iffey. The facebook page just adds to it.

It's my belief that a series of negligent actions on here part caused what happened to happen and notin quick succession either. Driving without insurance shows a disregard for the rules of drivingand how serious it is. Not havign the kid strapped in fully and then whatever she did to end up veering across the road all point to her not being fit to drive a car and the responsibilities involved.

I've been driving for 13 years. For the first 6 of those I occasionally had kids in the car (gf's niece) and since then a lot of my driving will have my own kids. I've never even come close to causing a catastrophic crash like this by anything even similar to that. I dont just stare and steer when something gets my attention like that.

Plus the fact that she doesnt even give a **** enough to educate herself on where the €11.5m they are getting comes from before having a rant at people about it.

HE BLOODY DISERVES IT AFTER THE TORTURE HE WENT TRU. OK (her spelling). The way she goes on is as if they have been wronged somehow. The son has, yes, but by her and her negligence not some 3rd party. If the person she hit in the other car had been the one to lose control, cross the road and plough in to her car and caused the injuries to her son that way, would anyone be questioning the blame lay with the ininsured driver that crossed the road and damaged a child so badly? Would they ****.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

"TOO ALL THOSE WHO THINK THERE INSURANCE WILL GO UP COS OF MY SONS CLAME, UR IDIOTS, IT WONT, HIS MONEY CAME FROM THE 'MIBI' OF IRELAND. ITS A SEPERATE ORGANISATION TO INSURANCE COMPANYS AND THE MONEY HAS BEEN SITTING THERE FOR YEARS WAITING FOR SUMONE TO CLAME IT AND MY SON DID AND HE BLOODY DISERVES IT AFTER THE TORTURE HE WENT TRU. OK. LONG MAY HE LIVE !!!!!!!!! feckin begrudgers!!!! nutin else worrying them but insurance isnt it well for them, without that money he wont get proper treatment, and with that money he can eventualy go over seas for stemcell life changing treatment so F*^# the begrudgers!!!!"

All my assumptions about this woman were correct. She is basically just a vile, uneducated, ignorant, unremorseful scumbag. People spoke of the torment she will feel having to live everyday with what she did. I would suggest she is probably too stupid and lacks that level of self-awareness. Her mind will probably be too preoccupied with wondering when the next episode of Jeremy Kyle is airing.

This is nearly to be expected with children in the back of the car

Her blaming it on the child is terrible

Her big rabble about begrudgers-charming

Her spelling? Low achiever in education

Classic shooting of the messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That person on Facebook has a picture of the kid in their album, it's quite possible this is the same person.

I'm not really up on how the money is made available to the family, but to be honest I don't really want to know, the whole thing just makes me a bit uncomfortable.

I know of lots of people with disabilities and conditions who wouldn't have millions or even tens of thousands allocated to them to make their life better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

This is nearly to be expected with children in the back of the car

Her blaming it on the child is terrible

Her big rabble about begrudgers-charming

He spelling? Low achiever in education

I wouldnt be too quick to draw conclusions on someones education based on what they post online if I were you. Your posts are littered with mistakes and you appear not to understand what the word "rabble" means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I dont think this would encourage people not to get insurance. If she had injured someone in the other car, she might have been jailed for reckless driving and having no insurance. The only reason it didn't happen in this case was perhaps because of the circumtances; her child is disabled and needs full-time care.

The fact is she was driving uninsured. Then apparently the seatbelt didnt work right or some other nonsense and the child ends up hitting the windscreen an suffering the injuries that has him in the state he's in and making excuses about why she ended up going across to the wrong side of the road and hitting another car all sounded very iffey. The facebook page just adds to it.

It's my belief that a series of negligent actions on here part caused what happened to happen and notin quick succession either. Driving without insurance shows a disregard for the rules of drivingand how serious it is. Not havign the kid strapped in fully and then whatever she did to end up veering across the road all point to her not being fit to drive a car and the responsibilities involved.

I've been driving for 13 years. For the first 6 of those I occasionally had kids in the car (gf's niece) and since then a lot of my driving will have my own kids. I've never even come close to causing a catastrophic crash like this by anything even similar to that. I dont just stare and steer when something gets my attention like that.

Plus the fact that she doesnt even give a **** enough to educate herself on where the €11.5m they are getting comes from before having a rant at people about it.

HE BLOODY DISERVES IT AFTER THE TORTURE HE WENT TRU. OK (her spelling). The way she goes on is as if they have been wronged somehow. The son has, yes, but by her and her negligence not some 3rd party. If the person she hit in the other car had been the one to lose control, cross the road and plough in to her car and caused the injuries to her son that way, would anyone be questioning the blame lay with the ininsured driver that crossed the road and damaged a child so badly? Would they ****.
    Points taken, but in fairness, I'm not suggesting she would have stopped and stared when the child distracted her - a split second of looking away because of a reflex reaction can be all it takes.

tbh wrote: »
    I wouldnt be too quick to draw conclusions on someones education based on what they post online if I were you. Your posts are littered with mistakes and you appear not to understand what the word "rabble" means.

But even I wouldn't drive a car without insurance. ;)

Touchee :)

I am genuinely starting to think she that she was too stupid to realise she needed car insurance. I am also starting to wonder how she actually managed to pass the driving test and get a drivers licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Motorist wrote: »
    I am genuinely starting to think she that she was too stupid to realise she needed car insurance. I am also starting to wonder how she actually managed to pass the driving test and get a drivers licence.

You will be having nightmares about her next:pac:

"TOO ALL THOSE WHO THINK THERE INSURANCE WILL GO UP COS OF MY SONS CLAME, UR IDIOTS, IT WONT, HIS MONEY CAME FROM THE 'MIBI' OF IRELAND. ITS A SEPERATE ORGANISATION TO INSURANCE COMPANYS AND THE MONEY HAS BEEN SITTING THERE FOR YEARS WAITING FOR SUMONE TO CLAME IT AND MY SON DID AND HE BLOODY DISERVES IT AFTER THE TORTURE HE WENT TRU. OK. LONG MAY HE LIVE !!!!!!!!! feckin begrudgers!!!! nutin else worrying them but insurance isnt it well for them, without that money he wont get proper treatment, and with that money he can eventualy go over seas for stemcell life changing treatment so F*^# the begrudgers!!!!"

All my assumptions about this woman were correct. She is basically just a vile, uneducated, ignorant, unremorseful scumbag. People spoke of the torment she will feel having to live everyday with what she did. I would suggest she is probably too stupid and lacks that level of self-awareness. Her mind will probably be too preoccupied with wondering when the next episode of Jeremy Kyle is airing.
    Such specifics you can't know for sure either though.

Well what's all this about the money not coming from the insurance companies and sitting there for years waiting for some one to claim it?

Seriously...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

How do you know she did the test and obtained a licence.

Well what's all this about the money not coming from the insurance companies and sitting there for years waiting for some one to claim it?

Seriously...?
    She said that premiums wont go up, and thats what the chap from MIBI said as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

He spelling? Low achiever in education

Really?

She said that premiums wont go up, and thats what the chap from MIBI said as well.

If claims outstrip the amount going in either payouts have to be lowered or premiums have to rise.

Either way, she was driving uninsured so she hasnt even contributed to it in the first place.

Seriously...?

She seems to think it's like some twisted version of the National Lottery, such is her level of ignorance.

http://www.independent.ie/business/p...s-2093471.html

Mr. Casey of the MIBI

"estimated that claims involving uninsured drivers are loading €40 per premium on honest drivers every year.

The MIBI is responsible for compensating victims of accidents caused by uninsured and unidentified vehicles.

All insurers pay into it -- a cost borne by honest motorists "

The average uninsured driver claim is 24,000 euro. How can a record claim (249 times the average uninsured driver claim) of 11.5 million have anything but a negative effect on premiums paid?

From the MIBI website

While this is a very necessary social service, it does cost a significant sum each year. For example, in 2002, the total cost was €90 million. This is funded entirely by the Insurance Companies who must become members of MIBI and must pay a levy to meet this cost.
    MIBI is governed by a Board of Directors and is monitored by Government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭firedancer

I doubt your I.Q. level and others on this thread would enable you to be in charge of a vehicle at all.
    Your envy of that huge payout is so obvious it's embarrassing, to think there are Irish people so petty and poor minded in such numbers here on boards.:mad:

Thrill wrote: »
    Really?

Fixed. I hope that's grammatically correct.

I took responsibility and action to rectify it;)

I hope you don't sue for a payout, because I've no insurance

http://www.independent.ie/business/p...s-2093471.html

Mr. Casey of the MIBI

"estimated that claims involving uninsured drivers are loading €40 per premium on honest drivers every year.

The MIBI is responsible for compensating victims of accidents caused by uninsured and unidentified vehicles.

All insurers pay into it -- a cost borne by honest motorists "

The average uninsured driver claim is 24,000 euro. How can a record claim (249 times the average uninsured driver claim) of 11.5 million have anything but a negative effect on premiums paid?
    From the MIBI website

While this is a very necessary social service, it does cost a significant sum each year. For example, in 2002, the total cost was €90 million. This is funded entirely by the Insurance Companies who must become members of MIBI and must pay a levy to meet this cost.
    MIBI is governed by a Board of Directors and is monitored by Government

I think they are working on the technicallity that this claim, taken in isolation, wont raise premiums from where they are now. (though the fact its so large , it possibly could, but sure whos going to question the poor mother of a disabled child)
    I doubt your I.Q. level and others on this thread would enable you to be in charge of a vehicle at all.
    Your envy of that huge payout is so obvious it's embarrassing, to think there are Irish people so petty and poor minded in such numbers here on boards.:mad:

Are you serious? She caused this. On her own. Through her negligence and as far as we can see hasnt even been punished for driving without insurance. She now has the gaul to go on a rant about others. She doesnt seem to have shown any remorse or even understandign that she has done something wrong.

Free lifetime medical care would have been more beneficial for the child

Low as my IQ is, my car is still insured, I have respect for my children ad would not carry them in a vehicle which was not compliant with the law.

• Advertisement

Seriously...?
    I meant the Jeremy Kyle stuff and all the other "probablies" on this thread. Not great debating. I disagree with how she worded her FB status but I'm not sure it proves any of the assumptions here other than being a venting after such a difficult time (despite all the longing to blame her, it was an accident). Look at all her support, including from seemingly reasonable people (I agree some of them don't come across well).
    Look, I don't know the ins and outs, nor do I think she's without fault, but is it too much to give her the benefit of the doubt instead of rushing to condemn her? None of us know the full details. A little compassion wouldn't kill some of ye either - at the centre of this is a disabled little child.

Advertisement