Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So... the PSP...

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Nope not really :/ It's strange, the popsloader menu is coming up and I can select it fine, but the games still don't run. I have a feeling it's because certain eboots were made for full CFW or something. Or, it could be something to do with the Street. I just want to play Silent Hill -_____- Almost given up at this point, but might try and make my own eboots and see if that works.

All non-PSX stuff is working great. That was down to the crappy cards I was using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andy!! wrote: »
    Nope not really :/ It's strange, the popsloader menu is coming up and I can select it fine, but the games still don't run. I have a feeling it's because certain eboots were made for full CFW or something. Or, it could be something to do with the Street. I just want to play Silent Hill -_____- Almost given up at this point, but might try and make my own eboots and see if that works.

All non-PSX stuff is working great. That was down to the crappy cards I was using.

This is the final time I'm going to warn against piracy in this thread, next time I see something like this the thread will be locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Have you checked the compatibility list?

Yeah. Had a CFW PSP Slim before, so I'm pretty well versed in the processes, this has me well stumped. No matter. I'll keep experimenting and then write up a detailed blog post for other people to reference once I've cracked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Hey,

I have two fat Psps which I havent used in years, would they be still up to playing recent games or are they purely suitable for emulation?

Thanks,

Branners

• Advertisement

branners69 wrote: »
    Hey,

I have two fat Psps which I havent used in years, would they be still up to playing recent games or are they purely suitable for emulation?

Thanks,

Branners

Why wouldn't they be up to playing the recent games? If you have the game, all the updates should be on the disc & will update your PSP to whatever firmware the game requires

The fact that they are 8/9 years old I would have thought their processing power was zip in comparison to the PSP Vita.

Good to know they are still useful, must dig them out of the box they are in!

branners69 wrote: »
    The fact that they are 8/9 years old I would have thought their processing power was zip in comparison to the PSP Vita.

Good to know they are still useful, must dig them out of the box they are in!

Well they are inferior to the Vita, but thats a different machine entirely & has its own different games. It's able to run PSP games because of it's superior power...but it only works one way - the PSP doesn't play Vita games but the Vita can play some PSP games.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well they are inferior to the Vita, but thats a different machine entirely & has its own different games. It's able to run PSP games because of it's superior power...but it only works one way - the PSP doesn't play Vita games but the Vita can play some PSP games.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I must look into what the my PSPs can do for me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

Whats the latest CFW out so i can play the new games like fifa 2012 and all ?

• Advertisement

6.20 pro-b10 was mentioned earlier, anyone know how to get from 3.80 M33 to 6.20 pro-b10?

im on 6.60 pro-b thats the latest took me 5 mins to do it

can the psp 1000 E be flashed ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

I've been offered a psp with cfw, 5.50 m6 is this fw good(in general/for running emulators) and would it cause any problems down the line? Totally new to modded consoles,don't want it f-Ing up on me and costing me money to get sorted! Cheers.

i have 4 psps with 6.60 pro-b on it all ready to go and sell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I've been offered a psp with cfw, 5.50 m6 is this fw good(in general/for running emulators) and would it cause any problems down the line? Totally new to modded consoles,don't want it f-Ing up on me and costing me money to get sorted! Cheers.

I'm guessing that's actually M33-6, been a long time since I looked at PSP CFWs, if so then yes it will run emulators. For newer PSP games you'll find they won't run on older firmwares so before you start buying any you should consider updating the CFW but make sure your using the correct version for your model PSP, can't tell you how or where to go but Google is your friend on this one and you'll find loads of tutorials.
    kevin-46 wrote: »
    im on 6.60 pro-b thats the latest took me 5 mins to do it

can the psp 1000 E be flashed ?

As far as I know it's partially hacked due to v3 board, once done you run another installed option to re-enable it if you turned off the console.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hi guys, picked up some PSP's preowned from Game.co.uk at £40 a pop for the kids and now sourcing memory cards, I've read through the thread and seen plenty of dual microSD comments but can I just check before purchase that this guy is the one ye are on about...
    41GS-NSSv0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And then I was thinking of some of these 8gig MicroSD cards....
    41EUikdLRZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've had compatibility issues in the past with our DS's and flash carts so just want to run by those more in the know on the PSP as I've never owned one.
    Cheers

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Oh, just to be clear I have two PSPs on the way and want an adaptor for each PSP, each with one MicroSDHC card in it.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I've used those same adaptors & x2 8GB micro sdhc cards without issue :)

I have x2 16GB MicroSD and adapter, works perfectly but I've heard of issues with MicroSD cards being bought on eBay so stick to Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hi Guys...

Interesting reading there.....There are 3 psp's in the house here,,but all kinda old ones...Newest one would be about 2 or so years old..

Is there something that could be done with them as regards to modding?

Where would I start? And,what would I need? What does it achieve?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

SexyGuy wrote: »
    Hi Guys...

Interesting reading there.....There are 3 psp's in the house here,,but all kinda old ones...Newest one would be about 2 or so years old..

Is there something that could be done with them as regards to modding?

Where would I start? And,what would I need? What does it achieve?

Thanks.

I can't remember all the ways but here's a quick run through of what I do remember, someone else might be able to give you directions.

You'll need to find out what version you have, look at the bottom of the console and a sticker will say PSP #00#, from there you can start to work out what can be done with your model. 1000 and 2000 can generally use Pandora Battery with some limitations on later 2000 models, 3000 is hit and miss.

If you have a limited or special edition then Google that and the question to get a list of known models that are modifiable.

Pandora batteries are long since not needed as far as I remember. CFW is just a simple matter of running a file these days, at least, on all but the most recent variants

I suspect that's installing a signed package through a game exploit, can't remember the name.

I suspect that's installing a signed package through a game exploit, can't remember the name.

Nope it's simply a file you put on the card & run it if memory serves. Game exploits are also long gone :)

It's possible to actually sign PSP stuff now too thanks to the PS3

Nope it's simply a file you put on the card & run it if memory serves. Game exploits are also long gone :)

It's possible to actually sign PSP stuff now too thanks to the PS3

I knew the signing was around but didn't think it was that straight forward, I'm as out dated as the PSP then :p

SexyGuy wrote: »
    Where would I start?

Reading through this thread would be a good start.

I can't remember all the ways but here's a quick run through of what I do remember, someone else might be able to give you directions.

You'll need to find out what version you have, look at the bottom of the console and a sticker will say PSP #00#, from there you can start to work out what can be done with your model. 1000 and 2000 can generally use Pandora Battery with some limitations on later 2000 models, 3000 is hit and miss.

If you have a limited or special edition then Google that and the question to get a list of known models that are modifiable.

Thanks for that downwithpeace.

Sadly,,the consoles are so old,there's no stickers on them.

Doing so now Andy....Thanks.

It's a ten page thread that has veered off topic a few times, cut the guy a bit of slack.

Summarise what you've learned so far if you wanna be helpful.

• Advertisement

It's a ten page thread that has veered off topic a few times, cut the guy a bit of slack.

Summarise what you've learned so far if you wanna be helpful.

Thank You EnterNow.

That's the worst part with any Thread on any Forum.

It's hard to keep the original post going on the straight and narrow.

I'll do a bit of reading and try not to get lost in it.

Advertisement