Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So... the PSP...

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

I definitely reckon its my micro SD card. Gonna try and full format it, see if it starts behaving better then. Should I keep it at FAT32 or would NTFS be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andy!! wrote: »
    I definitely reckon its my micro SD card. Gonna try and full format it, see if it starts behaving better then. Should I keep it at FAT32 or would NTFS be better?

I doubt the PSP would be able to read it if it were formatted in NTFS.

Getting annoyed with this now... has anyone got any PSX eboots to work on pro b 10? What is your setup like cards wise? Ive only got two ISO's working. Some eboots show up as corrupted data, some show up fine but don't boot proper, and when I am trasferring files over, the KEYS files won't transfer over for some reason. Surely the eboots need these to run.

Also, I have a copy of FFVII I bought over PSN. Can I link my PSN account to Media Go and download it to my PSP? I've not got a PS3 at the moment to do it with...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No issues here... running pro B10 without any extra plugins etc. 95% of games work fine.

Getting annoyed with this now... has anyone got any PSX eboots to work on pro b 10? What is your setup like cards wise? Ive only got two ISO's working. Some eboots show up as corrupted data, some show up fine but don't boot proper, and when I am trasferring files over, the KEYS files won't transfer over for some reason. Surely the eboots need these to run.

This is very grey-area, with regards getting eboots/iso's working. Legitimate homebrew won't need a KEYS file, so your obviously transferring encrypted content with is no doubt copyright protected.

Helping/assisting in the running of this isn't permitted by boards.ie piracy policies etc, but I'll let it run in the hopeful event we can turn the conversation back towards cfw & it's issues, & avoiding mention of pirated content :)

• Advertisement

Well, ripping my own PSX games ain't really stealing is it. Anyways I'm just testing this out to write a blog post on CFW on a PSP street.

Well, ripping my own PSX games ain't really stealing is it.

No, but it's illegal on the grounds of copyright evasion...regardless of whether you own the original content or not. Digital copyright protection is illegal to bypass, & as such, isn't permissible here as a topic of discussion

OK understood.

OK understood.

Sound, from the looks of Cherryghosts post...he's not having the same problem your having running homebrew as you are...so I'd suggest it's something specific to you. Have you laid your hands on x2 16GB cards yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I have installed CFW on my PSP 3003, installation was a breeze what can I do with it now in terms of homebrew?

• Advertisement

No issues here... running pro B10 without any extra plugins etc. 95% of games work fine.

Whats your setup like? What PSP? What is your card setup like? What kind of games have you tested? (put them in spoiler tags or be cryptic) :D

I have gotten a couple of PSX titles running without issue, 3003 on 6.60 PROCFW using popsloader look online for the compatibility list to find out which settings work best for certain games.

Popsloader doesn't work with Light Custom Firmware like Pro b 10, does it?

Popsloader doesn't work with Light Custom Firmware like Pro b 10, does it?

Yup works for me get popsloader 4 you hold R when launching your PSX game and choose the pop version it's most compatible with.

PSX Compatibility List
    http://www.emu-land.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=18621.0;attach=9530

Ah. Ok. Thanks. But the title will still have to show up properly in the XBM, not as corrupted data, which is my current problem. What is your memory set up like?

Ah. Ok. Thanks. But the title will still have to show up properly in the XBM, not as corrupted data, which is my current problem. What is your memory set up like?

I have a crappy 2GB memory stick duo, the games must be in eboot format on the memory stick, like this

MS0:/PSP/GAME/GAME TITLE/EBOOT.BIN

Yeah I know that. I have a feeling there's something going awry because I'm not using a pro duo, rather micro sds (high capacity ones at that) in adaptors. Something in the time it takes to transfer ****s it up. Hmm. Anyone not having any problems with using adaptors and micro sds'?

Yeah I know that. I have a feeling there's something going awry because I'm not using a pro duo, rather micro sds (high capacity ones at that) in adaptors. Something in the time it takes to transfer ****s it up. Hmm. Anyone not having any problems with using adaptors and micro sds'?

Hmmm not sure, storage is storage have you tried a memory stick duo to rule out an issue with the micro sd + adapter?

No, waiting to hear on someone elses experience with micro sd's before I splash out on more stuff that I'm not sure will work :D I might go for a 16gb Pro duo though, if anyone knows of anywhere to get them cheap online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Schorpio

No, waiting to hear on someone elses experience with micro sd's before I splash out on more stuff that I'm not sure will work :D I might go for a 16gb Pro duo though, if anyone knows of anywhere to get them cheap online.

I use a 4gb pro duo and a 16gb micro sd in an adapter and both work fine in my PSP running CFW 6.60. I have tried a few EBOOT files and no "corrupted data" showing up.

• Advertisement

Hmm ok thanks. I doubt its the capacity thats the problem for me, I tried an 8GB as well. Hmm. Might just order up a proper pro duo to finish testing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Yeah, I don't think it's a capacity problem for you either. And I don't think I've ever seen any particularly cheap pro duo's either! It mightn't be worth getting one. If you're running pro b-10 6.60, then I honestly can't figure out why it's not working for you though! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

There used to be a way of telling which pro duo cards are "good" and which are dodgy. Press triangle on the memorycard icon in the xmb and check the information.

If it says "Magicgate - supported" its good, otherwise you could have a problem.

This may not necessarily apply to your mini-sd setup but its always best to have a magicgate supported card

OK PROGRESS. I picked up a proper pro duo. (Well, off adverts again, so probably not a proper card). BUT I am no longer getting corrupted data, and emulators are working. PSX eboots launch most of the time, but don't get past Publisher screens usually. Sometimes they freeze the unit up completely at this point, prompting a hard reset, sometimes I can exit back out myself. I am assuming this is a popsloader issue? Does pro b 10 even use popsloader?

OK PROGRESS. I picked up a proper pro duo. (Well, off adverts again, so probably not a proper card). BUT I am no longer getting corrupted data, and emulators are working. PSX eboots launch most of the time, but don't get past Publisher screens usually. Sometimes they freeze the unit up completely at this point, prompting a hard reset, sometimes I can exit back out myself. I am assuming this is a popsloader issue? Does pro b 10 even use popsloader?

Do you have popsloader installed? Are you holding R when booting a game? You need to look at the compatibility list to see which pops version works best with that games.

justryan wrote: »
    Do you have popsloader installed? Are you holding R when booting a game? You need to look at the compatibility list to see which pops version works best with that games.

Does it work with pro b 10? Is there a special version, or special way to install in in pro b 10? Tried it before, holding R when starting a game did nothing...

Popsloader works fine with pro b 10 when I get a minute I'll copy the structure of my memory card as it is and upload it I'll send you a link via PM

Thanks that would be great!

Thanks, got it. I'll try it later and let you know if it works :)

• Advertisement

Thanks, got it. I'll try it later and let you know if it works :)

Did that work out for you?

Advertisement