Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bethesdas Dishonoured

Options

Comments

Aaaaagghhh.

How hard is it to make text that is actually readable? Not all of us have big TVs or like sitting extra close to their screens, you know. Stupid xbox 360!

Really enjoying it so far.. Get fek all enjoyment from 99% of games anymore so it's a nice change to get into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Anyone figured out what in the hell Corvo (or whoever) whispers when you use Dark Vision?

To me it sounds like 'it hunts it dies' or similar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Finished the game this weekend, after playing it in dribs & drabs, all the while staying as stealthy & non-lethal as possible. Tempted to give it another playthrough, adopt a more violent attitude. Generally I thought it was a great game, from visuals to gameplay, and felt like the kind of old-school adventure I might have played years ago.

The story definitely ends on a total anti-climax though; just as you're getting into the drama of it all, the story just ... ends. The last level wasn't even particularly hard or interesting. The end cut-scene seems quite final, but I can't help wonder if the story is going to be padded out with DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

For DLC they could send you off to some of the other nearby kingdoms to take out some high ranked enemies over there. Could make for some interesting stories and environments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

EGriff wrote: »
    For DLC they could send you off to some of the other nearby kingdoms to take out some high ranked enemies over there. Could make for some interesting stories and environments.

3 DLC planned, 1st one coming in december called .... dunwall city trials for 400 points,

The second one will put you in control of a new character called....... well if you finished the game
    he's not new at all it's Daud
    and will be story driven with new areas. This one is very interesting to me as he knows
    something of the Outsider at least and has powers of his own

No details on the 3rd one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

glynf wrote: »
    Anyone figured out what in the hell Corvo (or whoever) whispers when you use Dark Vision?

To me it sounds like 'it hunts it dies' or similar.

I thought it was "Enhanced Eyes". Could be wrong though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I thought it was 'The Hound's Eyes'. Googling, it seems that there is debate over what is being said if Corvo is actually saying it. With blink, apparently the voice says 'I'm there' or something in latin.

Either way the dark vision voice freaks me out. Also I <3 the heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

The heart is great. I love the stuff it throws out when pointed at a character, e.g. Wallace; 'he always eats well but his wife & kid get thinner' or similar, very clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

Felt shortchanged having rented it for a week i did it casually over 3 nights but was a number of times i wanted to take a screenshot n frame it. like the bodies being disposed of, the lighthouse etc. good blend of gothic / steampunk elements

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Really enjoying this and am about half way through. I love that there are multiple solutions to each challenge and that some of the solutions are very creative.

Am trying to be low chaos and explore everywhere this time but am planing to play through again murdering everyone in my path.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think this game is fantastic. I am playing it on PC and it looks stunning. The level of detail is astonishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Quick question - I've just started what I assume will be the last level, and I've gone low chaos through the whole game up to now. I think my kill total is 10 or something. But I'm tempted to go all murderous vengeance on the last level and unleash hell.

As it's the last level, how much of an impact would this have on the outcome / story? Would it switch to the darker high chaos ending?

Edit: Well, just to answer my own question, I powered through the last level in a single blood soaked run. It was awesome after the slow methodical patient skulking of the entire game, to just let loose and rip through everybody. Happily, I still got the good ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Playing on PC.

I must say I am very disappointed so far, so much so that I may not play any more. I'm putting myself at about halfway through the first assassination.

It's a game that pushes the point that you should be stealthy all the while giving you the tools to be a one man army.

The sneaking is pretty poor, it never flows. For me it's almost always 1 step toward the goal then 2 steps back as the guards are starting to get too close. Any time I make it through an area without raising an alarm it feels like I did it wrong/cheaply. I can't help but feel that this game would have been much better if it were 3rd person with some Splinter Cell: Conviction cover mechanics.

Some of the controls seem reversed, scrolling the mouse wheel moves the inventory the wrong way, left hand is right click.

I also don't like the art style as much as I thought I would, it's bland and dirty. Which kind of suits the mood of the city I'm in but that doesn't mean I have to like it. There are tons of book that you can stop and read, I pretty much gave up after 10 or so. Audiobooks would have been a much better addition. allowing me to continue fumbling from cover to cover while getting an idea about the story.

And here's another thing, you have the mask to protect your identity, because the guards will attack you on sight, given your alleged murdering. But they attack you on sight anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Massive thread here about the game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

But that's a month old!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

But that's a month old!

So ? Revive it - if you post there it pops up as NEW and on the front page.

We can't be starting new threads for everything that we already have threads for.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dishonoured threads merged..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

started playing this today.. must say I agree with gengiz cohen almost entirely

i'm only on the second assasination but.. i just stopped playing, I dont really care. Ill probably pick it up again when i'm back from my parents but I might just play something else. I started the second assassination mission trying to be all stealthy but as soon as I saw the first few weepers I just said screw it and shot them. the stealth is kinda... crappy and while there is a bit of a thrill blinking about the place trying to avoid enemies indoors I was always thinking that it'd be a lot more fun to just shoot the bastards. never had that in deus ex hr, i've played that game 3 times already and haven't done a guns blazing playthrough yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I'd agree it was lacking a bit of stealth variety alright, a couple of additional interesting types of non lethal takedowns would have gone a long way (contrast how good batman was in this regard). Stealth playthrough was more challenging, but the high chaos approach is more fun.

Still one of my favourite games of the year mind.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

started playing this today.. must say I agree with gengiz cohen almost entirely

i'm only on the second assasination but.. i just stopped playing, I dont really care. Ill probably pick it up again when i'm back from my parents but I might just play something else. I started the second assassination mission trying to be all stealthy but as soon as I saw the first few weepers I just said screw it and shot them. the stealth is kinda... crappy and while there is a bit of a thrill blinking about the place trying to avoid enemies indoors I was always thinking that it'd be a lot more fun to just shoot the bastards. never had that in deus ex hr, i've played that game 3 times already and haven't done a guns blazing playthrough yet.

Granted, it's not for everyone particularly those whos idea of a game cannot be anything less than 50 explosions going off at once on any given second. I'm not the stealth type either tbh and I usually get distracted when I play those games fairly quickly but I would ask you to stick with it until the end.

I was in the same boat as you. Second mission, didn't care either way but it definitely does start to get very interesting in time. It takes a while to build up, I'm not going to spoil it for you though but you'll be happy if you grab yourself plenty of darts that knock out targets and upgrade your transportation magic skills a bit along with your slow-down-time abilities....they'll serve you well.

Don't kill anyone. NEVER EVER EVER KILL ANYONE. That's my advice to you. ;)

Yousef wrote: »
    Granted, it's not for everyone particularly those whos idea of a game cannot be anything less than 50 explosions going off at once on any given second. I'm not the stealth type either tbh and I usually get distracted when I play those games fairly quickly but I would ask you to stick with it until the end.

I was in the same boat as you. Second mission, didn't care either way but it definitely does start to get very interesting in time. It takes a while to build up, I'm not going to spoil it for you though but you'll be happy if you grab yourself plenty of darts that knock out targets and upgrade your transportation magic skills a bit along with your slow-down-time abilities....they'll serve you well.

Don't kill anyone. NEVER EVER EVER KILL ANYONE. That's my advice to you. ;)

I disagree, I did a naked stealth play killing no one and using no powers or upgrades and found the game way more fun my first time though balancing powers, guns and "oh crap" shoot my way out of a jam then hide till the dust settles when needed, the game felt more natural and unpredictable that way.

Completed it last week , first playthrough I did not stealth,
    but will definitely do another as I feel I missed out on a lot of cool stuff.

Some of the upgrades are specific to killing style of play. "Never ever kill anyone" is stupid advice unless you want a specific achievement.

My next playthrough I'm going to gut everyone and try all types of kills.

SeantheMan wrote: »

Some of the upgrades are specific to killing style of play. "Never ever kill anyone" is stupid advice unless you want a specific achievement.

Frustrating at time, boring.... reload reload reload... but mighty satisfying in the end ..... powers and kills was way more fun though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

SeantheMan wrote: »

you'll get **** endings, as well as the story changes if you kill people. did you do the secondary side quests while on the main mission? characters react different etc

Yousef wrote: »
    you'll get **** endings, as well as the story changes if you kill people. did you do the secondary side quests while on the main mission? characters react different etc

I already youtubed the 4 possible endings after I completed it first time.
    So that doesn't bother me.
    I am also aware of the increase in weepers and rats for high chaos, doesn't bother me either.
    I just wanna different run at it and a chance to use all the weaponry you are given - instead of being restricted to Choke and sleep dart if you want to go stealth.

Yea, I'm taking the game really slow.. Like play it once a week even though I love it. But there should be more fun ways of putting people to sleep. It's just blink, choke, throw, blink, done.

Sometimes I think the game is way to easy cause nearly every time I fek up, it's just me being an idiot.. Not because it's too difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Take it slow, be as stealthy as you can, kill only when absolutely necessary and explore everywhere.

That was my first playthrough and I found it to be mighty rewarding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

anyone else notice the guards humming oro se do bheatha abhaile all the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I got it last week myself and played through the 1st assasination , did a mix really kill/stealth finished the 1st one handy enough , on the 2nd mission now and i really couldn't be arsed with it, That and the fact that I got Hitman Xmas day and its just all around a way better game i can't put it down

Advertisement