Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bethesdas Dishonoured

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so apparently the knife of dunwall dlc has been out for the last two days

thanks for telling me

assholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Apparently its pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I got playing this when by right I should be preparing for some exams for uni... I've gotten a lot done. All the main game. I'll do the trials later, but the knife of dunwall dlc, going for ghost is fine on the first level, but the second level
    at the start of it is the wall of light
    I clear it and don't get seen by anyone but I haven't been able to get ghost on it. It's the first level I've had a real challenge with. I also have to get the one for the achievement for the arc mine rat thing, but I'll worry about that once I've gotten the ghost thing done. Whisper Ways is the name of the achievement I'm going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Yeah for Knife of Dunwall it's pretty tricky stealth, low chaos.

Really wish there was an option that can display if you killed a guard or were spotted.

I got the knife of dunwall dlc a few days ago and its wrecking my head. Halfway through the second level when you enter the legal district it completely locks up my ps3 and I have to unplug it to get it working again.
    I've tried deleting save games and install data and re-downloading and it always crashes my ps3 at this particular point in the game. A few people on bethesda's forums have reported this problem as well on pc as well as ps3.
    Anyone else on here had any trouble with it?

• Advertisement

When you said you were having problems on the second level, I figured you were having issues getting through the level stealthily. Hardest mission in the game. Don't have it on PS3 myself, but was there any word on the forums about them looking in to the issue/releasing a patch?

I can't remember when the last patch was released on the 360, to be honest. Not that I'd be able to put a date on it anyway, as I can't get my consoles online, so have to get them when I bring them somewhere I can, so they could be out ages whenever I get them. Hopefully they do a patch soon, though.

You do the Dunwall City Trials? They're tough. I have the first two done 3 stars, 2 stars on time bend and some 1 stars. I have 3 stars on Mystery Foe expert. I'm putting it off a couple of weeks. No gaming for me for a few weeks, that is.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    When you said you were having problems on the second level, I figured you were having issues getting through the level stealthily. Hardest mission in the game. Don't have it on PS3 myself, but was there any word on the forums about them looking in to the issue/releasing a patch?

I can't remember when the last patch was released on the 360, to be honest. Not that I'd be able to put a date on it anyway, as I can't get my consoles online, so have to get them when I bring them somewhere I can, so they could be out ages whenever I get them. Hopefully they do a patch soon, though.

You do the Dunwall City Trials? They're tough. I have the first two done 3 stars, 2 stars on time bend and some 1 stars. I have 3 stars on Mystery Foe expert. I'm putting it off a couple of weeks. No gaming for me for a few weeks, that is.

No replies from Bethesda about the problem. Very annoying. It plays fine up until you reach the door to the legal district. You pick the option to enter the legal district, the loading screen appears and then it freezes completely. The ps3 has to be unplugged to restart it and then the file system on the hdd has to repaired.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just finished this - very enjoyable. I did a stealth run through but didn't quite get clean hands - somehow two people still died (so close!) even though I only remember ko'ing people. Maybe bodies got eaten or I threw one down a stairwell...

Felt very satisfying overall. Once I had Blink II and Agility II it was very easy to race around. Throw in Possession II to get by heavily guarded areas and top it off with Slow Time II. There was one extremely heavily guarded area that I only needed to pass through to get a rune but, using Slow Time, I was able to race through it without getting a single hit.

Figured if I had just gone in slaughtering people, the game would have been over very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Still at this for all the achievements, currently at 54/70 damned dlc achievements! i'll get there by wednesday. >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

ixoy wrote: »
    Just finished this - very enjoyable. I did a stealth run through but didn't quite get clean hands - somehow two people still died (so close!) even though I only remember ko'ing people. Maybe bodies got eaten or I threw one down a stairwell...

Felt very satisfying overall. Once I had Blink II and Agility II it was very easy to race around. Throw in Possession II to get by heavily guarded areas and top it off with Slow Time II. There was one extremely heavily guarded area that I only needed to pass through to get a rune but, using Slow Time, I was able to race through it without getting a single hit.

Figured if I had just gone in slaughtering people, the game would have been over very quickly.

It is very rewarding when the stealth pays off. I've only done the stealth run through, intending to do another, guns blazing, should be a pretty quick run but still, will be a hell of a lot of fun :D

• Advertisement

It is very rewarding when the stealth pays off. I've only done the stealth run through, intending to do another, guns blazing, should be a pretty quick run but still, will be a hell of a lot of fun :D
    It's really worth doing. For more reasons than it just being a different playstyle, though in fairness that on its own would justify the replay.

I've got the main game and the Knife of Dunwall done. Have had for a while. Will have to go back to the Dunwall City Trials at some point, but have other stuff ahead on my to do list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Pushtrak wrote: »
    It's really worth doing. For more reasons than it just being a different playstyle, though in fairness that on its own would justify the replay.

I've got the main game and the Knife of Dunwall done. Have had for a while. Will have to go back to the Dunwall City Trials at some point, but have other stuff ahead on my to do list.

Is the DLC good actually? Meant to look into it but always forgot, may pick it up.

There's some fun to be had there, for sure. It's good. Not as good as the main game though, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Okay, finally got this. Think I'll approach it like Deus EX HR, Try to be sneaky until I'm eventually seen and just go mental on everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Okay, finally got this. Think I'll approach it like Deus EX HR, Try to be sneaky until I'm eventually seen and just go mental on everyone.

Thats the only way to do it. Sneak to take advantage and then murder all :cool: Was trying it nicely but always end up with someone dying in their "sleep":confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

sheehy83 wrote: »

Funny, I have a friend who compared those two a lot as well.

I finished this a little over a week or two, very enjoyable game. I like how it really encourages stealth over killing guys with the whole chaos-level thing unlike most stealth games I've played where you just kill all the guys from behind instead of in front. There is the advantage in this one though that when you knock someone out, they don't wake up again.

There was a part early on where I was trying to break into the thugs' distillery and there were just too many to engage in any sort of combat or strangling. Instead, I just had to try to run and blink my way through when they weren't looking and that was fantastic, really got my heart pounding. I just wish that happened more since later on in the game it became quite easy to just take guys out one-by-one.

The blink power was definitely the best part for me, it would be interesting to see how this would work in other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

I don't think many games would incorporate it. Players in general do not have a huge attention span. It would be nice to see more games with logic and where you would actually have to investigate the areas before bursting guns blazing. As always there are two sides. One that just wants to go guns blazing because game is game it is supposed to be fast passed, fun and not necessarily realistic and other that would happily spend hours each day figuring out things and enjoying it slowly looking for realistic AI, physics etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Apparently the Witches of Brigmore Dlc is out now. Still playing the Knife but might pick it up in a while.

sweetie wrote: »
    Apparently the Witches of Brigmore Dlc is out now. Still playing the Knife but might pick it up in a while.

It's out since last week. I finished it over the weekend, its really good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, I just picked this up again and started playing it cause I heard the Witches DLC was coming. I never finished it, got to one of the very last missions and was unhappy with
    how the girl reacted to me cause I'd butchered pretty much everyone in sight
    so I decided to restart and play it more stealthy and less lethal.

If you enjoyed Deus Human Revolution, you'll enjoy Dishonoured I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Bought the game last week and put a few hours into it so far, just about to carry out the first assassination. It has some good innovative powers and decent level design but not on the same level as Deus Ex HR so far, finding it hard to care about anything I'm doing and the gameplay seems far too easy. Still enjoyable though and I've read that it gets better as you upgrade so I'm happy to stick with it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

finished off the witches tonight. have to say I enjoyed the Daud DLC as much as the main story and the way they tied the storyline in. hoping they revisit this world in a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Did the stealthy run up until ... well, the bit where the plot changes focus. After that I said "**** it" they turn on me, they get killed. After that, everything was a lethal takedown. None of this knockout ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so, bit of a necro thread

I just finished the dlc's last week and im giving the game itself another run through

something thats bugging me after playing the dlc
    in the dlc daud is all sorts of emo about killing the empress, he seems to be kind of rooting for corvo or at least not all that bothered about him.. so why in the main game are his assasins trying to **** my **** up?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

As one of the prior Steam sale purchases, got around to playing. So far in the early missions enjoying the whole steam punk vibe and game play.

so, bit of a necro thread

I just finished the dlc's last week and im giving the game itself another run through

something thats bugging me after playing the dlc
    in the dlc daud is all sorts of emo about killing the empress, he seems to be kind of rooting for corvo or at least not all that bothered about him.. so why in the main game are his assasins trying to **** my **** up?
    I haven't played the Brigmore Witches, so can't speak from that, but it seems
    that is saying more about the group he is part of, and how tenuous being a leader of said group is. I mean, from the knife of dunwall, you can have that person attack you to try to take over the group depending on how you play. It seems if he was more open about how he felt he'd have a lot more people want to take him down for weakness.

Just how I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Dishonored-II.jpg
    http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/report-dishonored-ii-being-unveiled-at-e3-2014-according-to-a-mysterious-image/

Rumours that Dishonoured 2 is in the works and is going to be revealed at E3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Critically acclaimed, commercially successful video game gets sequel?

Not a chance :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

New characters in the same universe maybe? If I remember the ending correctly, there was a sense of finality to Corvo's story.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As the linked report mentions, it looks like the sequel would be set away from Dunwall, so I'd guess we'll be following somebody else's story. IIRC, wasn't Dunwall the only city suffering from the plague? I recall Dunwalls neighbours had closed off trade.

Either way, I hope Viktor Antonov returns to the team as his aesthetic really added the extra richness to the world we skulked about. Keep meaning to check out the two-parter story DLC, which I heard is quite decent.

Advertisement