Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bethesdas Dishonoured

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You should, the DLC is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah it is, I recently finished it and it completes the story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Do they need a speaking protagonist this time?

I feel a huge disconnect when a game these days has a silent protagonist. At least dishonoured had text you could select sometimes, so Corvo was speaking throughout the story, just rarely.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

The DLC is well worth playing, picked it up dirt cheap in one of the psn sales. It rounds out the story well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Still haven't gotten to the Brigmore Witches. Did the other story one and some of the Dunwall City Trials. They're pretty tough and still have a lot to do there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You should, the DLC is great.

Cool, might just pick up the two parts so; is the 9eurobucks on Steam as good as they get, pricewise? (I'm too lazy to look around haha)

Shame they never released any mod tools; it feels like the kind of game modders would have a field-day with...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The DLC is well worth playing, picked it up dirt cheap in one of the psn sales. It rounds out the story well.

Damn... would have got it if I'd known.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Cool, might just pick up the two parts so; is the 9eurobucks on Steam as good as they get, pricewise? (I'm too lazy to look around haha)

if you know how to order off Nuuvem then they have it for ~€6.20 each otherwise Amazon.com for ~€7.30 each

find the links yourself ya lazy bastard ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Both DLC's come to 30e on psn. are they worth it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just started Brigmore Witches. Dishonoured really has a great backdrop for a game.

• Advertisement

€15 each seems a bit steep but I suppose thats for PS3. They are no way as long as the main game. I picked them up for about €5 each i think in some PC sale on Amazon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Thats very dear, I only payed €6 or €7 for both of them in the sale before Christmas. It might be cheaper if you just got the game of the year edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Playing through this myself at the moment on 360, seems fairly mediocre to be honest, not a bad game by any stretch but I was expecting a bit more from it given the positive talk about it.

Playing through this myself at the moment on 360, seems fairly mediocre to be honest, not a bad game by any stretch but I was expecting a bit more from it given the positive talk about it.

are you playing aggressively or stealthily as it makes a difference?

Skerries wrote: »
    are you playing aggressively or stealthily as it makes a difference?

Trying to be as stealthy as possible but it gets repetitive after a while, you're only options being choking enemies or knocking them out with sleep darts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Trying to be as stealthy as possible but it gets repetitive after a while, you're only options being choking enemies or knocking them out with sleep darts.

Try avoiding them altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Yeah, kind of feel the same myself about it. Finished it the last night, was left thinking "Was that it?". Played stealthily. Ended up just using Blink, the see through walls power and the odd possession throughout the game. Have the game of the year edition so might try that and see what the DLC is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Yeah, kind of feel the same myself about it. Finished it the last night, was left thinking "Was that it?". Played stealthily. Ended up just using Blink, the see through walls power and the odd possession throughout the game. Have the game of the year edition so might try that and see what the DLC is like.

I played stealth the whole thing too.

At the end I felt I missed out on a million ways to kill people are some fun.
    Never had to really go hand to hand and never got to try any of the cool kills.

I think next playthrough will be killing everyone

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I played stealth the whole thing too.

At the end I felt I missed out on a million ways to kill people are some fun.
    Never had to really go hand to hand and never got to try any of the cool kills.

I think next playthrough will be killing everyone

That's what I don't get either, the game gives you multiple way to dispatch enemies then heavily implies that you should avoid killing them altogether.

there's no penalty with the dlc so kill away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

gizmo wrote: »

Coming 2016 it says :mad:

ha and touting the Doom beta too , do people preorder games 2 years in advance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Multiplayer :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if it worked something like assasins creed 2's multiplayer i'd be happy enough

Just finished up all the DLC for this. I must say I really enjoyed this game immensly. I wonder is the new Thief game along the same lines at Dishonoured????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Is the DLC for this standalone? I'm playing the campaign and have the 3 DLC missions with the GOTY edition but don't know whether to play them before I finish the campaign or after?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

penev10 wrote: »
    Is the DLC for this standalone? I'm playing the campaign and have the 3 DLC missions with the GOTY edition but don't know whether to play them before I finish the campaign or after?

They are connected to the storyline of the game but it's a different character you play as so possibly you could still play them before the game is finished but why would you want to?
    So looking forward to a sequel to this.

sweetie wrote: »
    They are connected to the storyline of the game but it's a different character you play as so possibly you could still play them before the game is finished but why would you want to?
    So looking forward to a sequel to this.

Any word on a sequal, top class game. The game world is very impressive.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Look seven posts up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They're using that game engine? Can't say I'm excited about that since the last time Bethesda pushed it we ended up with The Evil Within getting 25fps looking at blank wall, resorting to playing at 1024x800 res.

Advertisement