Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business closures around the county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Joshua J wrote: »
    Open tonight.

And now called "Tullio's"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Café Blend, Letterkenny closing soon. Such a shock as it was always so busy. I thought it served the best food in town for healthy light lunches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

annascott wrote: »
    Café Blend, Letterkenny closing soon. Such a shock as it was always so busy. I thought it served the best food in town for healthy light lunches.

Is that the one above the old swimming pool?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Happy Days near Arena 7 has a sign up saying its gone. Was always good for things you wouldn't think of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Happy Days near Arena 7 has a sign up saying its gone. Was always good for things you wouldn't think of

Mr. Price is supposed to be opening up where McMahon's was at Ballyraine, below the Irish Martyrs, so you'll have a replacement soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

And now called "Tullio's"

Yet nothing to do with the late lamented Paolo. I bet people will think it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Clock Tower Bar & Bistro fintra near killybegs long time since i was there but very nice then

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Clock Tower Bar & Bistro fintra near killybegs long time since i was there but very nice then
    Oh, when did that close? I had heard it was a lovely place, but I have never been.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

byte wrote: »
    Oh, when did that close? I had heard it was a lovely place, but I have never been.

announced on facebook today

https://www.facebook.com/search/499824470130653/local_search?surface=tyah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Maybe if the council had granted the planning permission for campervan parking it might not have closed with the consequent job losses..

byte

Firblog wrote: »
    Maybe if the council had granted the planning permission for campervan parking it might not have closed with the consequent job losses..
    Would've been a grand spot for campervans alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,830 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Chipz 2 Go up Killylastin way is closed now as well in Letterkenny. Leaves only the hairdressers as the last business in that complex.

byte

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Chipz 2 Go up Killylastin way is closed now as well in Letterkenny. Leaves only the hairdressers as the last business in that complex.
    Ah, is that place closed? Used to hit it regularly (too regularly) when I lived in Glendale Manor! Maybe not the same owner over the years, I dunno, been a fair few years since I last was there. Nyne's was the filling station at the time, and what I thought was a nice pub too, next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,830 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep, went 1 at a time. Petrol station/shop, bookies, Ard Rí and now the take away. Was very handy coming home from work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

CastorTroy wrote: »

Aw, that's a shame. I used to walk up when I lived in The Grange.

Believe that Castle Murray House Hotel outside Dunkineely has closed its doors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Believe that Castle Murray House Hotel outside Dunkineely has closed its doors

They always do at this time of year. It's a quiet time for restaurants and hotels so they take the month of January for holidays and any refurbishments that need to be done. They usually reopen in the first week of February in time for Valentines.

Believe the staff were told to look elsewhere for employment

Believe the staff were told to look elsewhere for employment

They were selling gift vouchers before Christmas so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

• Advertisement

Castle Murray put this on Facebook.

Dear Customers & Friends

We wish to inform you of the closure of the Bar and Restaurant at Castle Murray House Hotel as of 5th of January.
    It is with great sadness that our fourteen and a half year journey with the Restaurant must come to an end. This business has been a labour of love for us both but unfortunately the business is no longer viable. It has been an incredibly difficult and emotional decision and we will deeply miss each and every one of our Castle Murray team and our customers.
    We would like to thank all our team for their years of hard work and their amazing support during this difficult time.
    We would also like to thank our customers for their support and custom since opening in 2002, we will miss you all and we hope our paths will cross in the future.
    We would also like to thank our suppliers for their partnership, service and loyalty.
    We are so proud of what we have achieved over the years, with numerous awards and accolades. We have so many good memories in Castle Murray and we are deeply upset that we no longer can sustain this beautiful concept.
    Finally we would like to thank all our family and friends for their support during this time, we are so deeply grateful.
    Castle Murray will be re opening as a different concept during 2017 and we are very optimistic for the future.

Marguerite & Peter

Very shocked to hear it. People with weddings booked in the next few months being left in the lurch now

Maybe not. Just references the bar and restaurant....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

River club in castlefinn closing after 30 years in business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Ulster Bank closing their branches in Ardara and Raphoe, leaving both towns without a banking service.:mad:
    It feels as if the life is being sucked out of smaller towns while the larger ones become more congested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Cardland on Letterkenny Main Street has a hand written sign on the door that it's closed until further notice

The pet shop
    in the business park where the new Dunnes is in Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

annascott wrote: »
    The pet shop
    in the business park where the new Dunnes is in Letterkenny

No surprise. Was in it once, pokey little place. Never understood why they would open up so close to Gary's.

Yes it was small and expensive but it was so much easier to get in and out for pet food. Gary's new place is huge and it takes ages walking around it.

• Advertisement

Mc Gettigans Butchers in Donegal Town closing down this weekend.

Advertisement