Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Thatcher was she really that bad?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Things got that bad on her watch during the Miners Strike that a lot of Unions in Ireland sent care packages to the miners families in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Nodin wrote: »
    To be honest, once you eat the belgian style stuff, its going to taste like shite anyway.

You have to give the Belgians credit for something.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Did she ever visit Ireland officially?

I've been googling, can find nothing

Something about Sunningdale but that's in England
    Something else about Albert Reynolds but that was also England

Just interested to know, I'd be suprised if she didn't at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Biggins wrote: »
    http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/
    (Unitedpeople Ireland and 78,718 others like this.)

'Nuff said!

78,000 like it. So the rest of the 65,000,000 dont? :)

You could probably get 78,000 likes on a website for killing bunnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TossL1916

This trolling phenomenon is getting out of hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

OP the search function is on the top right of your screen

Here we go againnnnnnnnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Morricone wrote: »
    Yeah she might have pissed off a few of the working class and the IRA and its followers but she did what she felt was best for Britain and she did lead Britain on a prosperous economic upturn with her policies.
    Historical revisionism. Unemployment under Thatcher was epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

She stood up to terrorists and the blackmailing unions. The finest leader of my time. I'd kill for us to have a Thatcher.

+1

I thought with all the anti-dole, anti public sector and anti-IRA posts on AH that she'd be popular here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Thatcher also went to war in the Malvinas pursuing Britain’s age-old colonial interests, opposed sanctions against apartheid South Africa, and supported the Khmer Rouge and the Chilean dictator Pinochet.

http://irishecho.com/?p=69392

A lovely person!

(Hint: being sarcastic here!)

You could probably get 78,000 likes on a website for killing bunnies.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

ejmaztec wrote: »
    ...the reason for Kraft getting its greasy hands on Cadbury and turning their chocolate to sh1t...

And for this alone she should be held in the greatest contempt by every single living Irish man and woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Shocked to hear recently that if she could do it all again she said she wouldn't.

She would have not gone into politics and spent her time being a mother to her children.

Strange the things we regret when we get older.

A complete cnut imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I've never met a British person who admitted to liking her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I've never met a British person who admitted to liking her.

At the height of her popularity she got just over 42% of the vote, so thats not suprising.

http://irishecho.com/?p=69392...Thatcher also went to war in the Malvinas pursuing Britain’s age-old colonial interests

A lovely person!

(Hint: being sarcastic here!)

The people in the Falklands consider themsleves British do they not?

The people in the Falklands consider themsleves British do they not?

I don't know. I'm uneducated.

Edit: Ok, I'm being sarcastic again!

Of course but that didn't stop her from killing 300+ on the Belgrano that was heading away from a war zone.
    Equivalent to shooting someone in the back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

She single handedly recruited more young men into the IRA in the early eighties than any recruitment campaign the Provos could ever have hoped to achieved.

As someone who was raised in a nationalist area in the north during the early eighties, I'd gladly piss on her grave when she croaks it.

Hell will not be full until she's in it imo!

I don't know. I'm uneducated.

Edit: Ok, I'm being sarcastic again!

Of course but that didn't stop her from killing 300+ on the Belgrano that was heading away from a war zone.
    Equivalent to shooting someone in the back!

Maggie was the sub commander? Well I never.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/8965405/Belgrano-was-heading-to-the-Falklands-secret-papers-reveal.html
    Telegraph wrote:
    Top secret papers are set to prove that the warship Belgrano was heading into the Falkland's exclusion zone when it was sunk, and not heading back to port as the Argentinians claimed.

......has disclosed for the first time that he was asked to carry out a trawl of all the intelligence on the sinking at the direct request of Margaret Thatcher a few months after the end of the war.

Ghandee wrote: »
    She single handedly recruited more young men into the IRA in the early eighties than any recruitment campaign the Provos could ever have hoped to achieved.

As someone who was raised in a nationalist area in the north during the early eighties, I'd gladly piss on her grave when she croaks it.

Hell will not be full until she's in it imo!

Amen.

I lived in England part of that time, part of when the hunger strikes were going on and when the miners strikes was going on up around Lancaster where I was also based.
    It was no fun I can tell you.
    She was (and still is in many communities there alone) hated with an utter passion.
    The day she dies, parties will be held up there (and I suspect other places too in England).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

She supported Paul Pot as well. In fairness he was great on Britains got Talent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Ghandee wrote: »
    I'd gladly piss on her grave when she croaks it.

There's going to be a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg queue for that

flyswatter wrote: »
    She supported Paul Pot as well.

The guy from Britains got talent?

Yes - BRITISH papers!
    ...and whats that saying... "The victor always gets to re-write history" ?

...And let us not forget that the likes of the "Major David Thorp's "of England are sometimes subjected to write reports the way government in power at the time, want to see them written in particular!
    If they don't - or do and then speak later to say they were put under that pressure by the British government, they might just end up dead in a forest, wrists cut and their deaths called a suicide?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

flyswatter wrote: »
    She supported Paul Pot as well. In fairness he was great on Britains got Talent.

I didn't think she was in a band.

Yes - BRITISH papers!
    ...and whats that saying... "The victor always gets to re-write history" ?

So the British are automatically liars and the Argies honourable truth tellers?

The allies probably invented the Holocaust too , did they?

The guy from Britains got talent?

Think he means Pol Pot from the Khmer Rouge. Thatcher activley supported the Khmer Rouge retaining Cambodia's seat at the UN long after it was known what they had done.

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Think he means Pol Pot from the Khmer Rouge. Thatcher activley supported the Khmer Rouge retaining Cambodia's seat at the UN long after it was known what they had done.

No way?

No way?

Info was not solely for your benefit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

She supported a commie organisation?

Look up the atrocities under her pal General Pinochet - enough for me to think yes, she was that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

She was the archetypal right winger, can only maintain power using hate, scapegoats and wars and while in power will plunder the coffers for her mates in big business.

Her and that **** stain Reagan were cut from the same cloth. though I think she got the brains.

Advertisement