Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Thatcher was she really that bad?

Options
  • 16-04-2012 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

As per title was Maggie T as bad as what is made out.

Yeah she might have pissed off a few of the working class and the IRA and its followers but she did what she felt was best for Britain and she did lead Britain on a prosperous economic upturn with her policies.

As a whole I feel that the history books will reflect quite well on her tenure in the years to come. She did achieve a hell of a lot as she became one of the first women to become a national leader in the Western world. She did a lot for the advancement of women.

All in all I think she did her best for her country and surely in Ireland we can recognise and respect that attribute.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

She was pretty good in the sack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Divisive, destructive cow. Promoted homophobic legislation, aided Pinochet, refused to enact sanctions against Apartheid SA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

didnt she cause the potato famine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Simply put, yes she was a nasty piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Morricone wrote: »

Yeah she might have pissed off a few of the working class and the IRA and its followers but she did what she felt was best for Britain and she did lead Britain on a prosperous economic upturn with her policies.

As a whole I feel that the history books will reflect quite well on her tenure in the years to come. She did achieve a hell of a lot as she became one of the first women to become a national leader in the Western world. She did a lot for the advancement of women.

All in all I think she did her best for her country and surely in Ireland we can recognise and respect that attribute.

She's a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

lol.

Given the average age of users on this board you'd be hard pressed to find an example of an Irish politician or political figure who "did the best for her country".

Also Thatcher was a stone cold bitch.

I reckon she was a ****ing demon in the sack though. The cold ones always are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

she did lead Britain on a prosperous economic upturn with her policies.

Well they had the IMF in during the seventies so it's not much of an achievement to have an upturn
    You can't go any lower

Denis Thatcher looked to be a bit of craic, I'd say he would have been a funny man to have a pint with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Cnut of a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

All in all I think she did her best for her country

I think you'll find the miners would disagree with you. And the steelworkers. And those who worked in what was left of the British motor industry. Not to mention those who were caught up in the riots in Brixton. Or Toxteth. She was probably the most divisive political leader Britain ever had, and possibly ever will have, and only managed to stay in power as long as she did because some Argentinians decided to set up camp on a rock in the South Atlantic.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    I think you'll find the miners would disagree with you. And the steelworkers. And those who worked in what was left of the British motor industry. Not to mention those who were caught up in the riots in Brixton. Or Toxteth. She was probably the most divisive political leader Britain ever had, and possibly ever will have, and only managed to stay in power as long as she did because some Argentinians decided to set up camp on a rock in the South Atlantic.

More to do with the most bizarre voting system in Western Europe.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

She stood up to terrorists and the blackmailing unions. The finest leader of my time. I'd kill for us to have a Thatcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i hope she gets cancer of the gee, an animal in every sense of the word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Fcuk her!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Don't want to sound condescending, but you sound like your too young to remember when that horrible c*nt was in power. You can only learn so much from a hisstory book.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Zaph wrote: »

Don't forget the populations of entire cities that were demonized by her and her cabinet in the wake of sporting event disasters in an effort to remove blame from police and rich folk.

She stood up to terrorists and the blackmailing unions. The finest leader of my time. I'd kill for us to have a Thatcher.

Yeah......all we fucking need. That and a Tsunami.

......... She did achieve a hell of a lot as she became one of the first women to become a national leader in the Western world. She did a lot for the advancement of women.

Yep. I'm sure the women pinochet was having raped with rodent's appreciated her efforts no ends.

falan wrote: »
    Fcuk her!!

Even her husband drew the line after one go. Fortunately for him, Maggie had twins so he never needed another bash at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Yes like that nasty terrorist Nelson Mandela! (Thats what she called him)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

She was one utter bitch - I rarely say that about anyone or like to!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Yeah, that's exactly how it happened. Don't you have foxes to hunt there, Lord Toff?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jblack

Her biggest sin was paving the way for new Labour.

Fire up the quattro.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

i hope she gets cancer of the gee, an animal in every sense of the word

She actually has dementia now...Saw her daughter on the Late Late a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I can't stand the sort of post-colonial reappraisals of people like Thatcher. You're barking up the wrong tree; she was horrible.

Her policy of making it easier for foreign companies to buy up British ones is probably the reason for Kraft getting its greasy hands on Cadbury and turning their chocolate to sh1t, not to mention making a load of people redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Don't want to sound condescending, but you sound like your too young to remember when that horrible c*nt was in power. You can only learn so much from a hisstory book.

I'd say the chances are thats pretty true of most of the posters who jump in to these thread sto give out about her.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Her policy of making it easier for foreign companies to buy up British ones is probably the reason for Kraft getting its greasy hands on Cadbury and turning their chocolate to sh1t, not to mention making a load of people redundant.

To be honest, once you eat the belgian style stuff, its going to taste like shite anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/
    (Unitedpeople Ireland and 78,718 others like this.)

'Nuff said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Awfully cold woman. Very stubborn and pigheaded and massively ignorant also.
    Alan Partridge referred to her as a robot. :eek:

Advertisement