Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose bikes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

It's a large bidon full to the brim.

Unless you're drinking pure alcohol on your rides, a large bidon full of water is approx 800g :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Your volumetric approximation undermines your pedantry.

Disappointing :(

Large bidon = 750ml = 591.75g of C2H5OH

C'mon, we are talking about bike weight saving business here! Pedantry is essential :D

(says a rider of 10kg steel bicycle)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

2 significant figures. Much better. Quality nit-picking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I was using my bike stand on the scales.
    Maybe I need one of those hook things for weighing airport bags.

That does bit seem like an accurate way to weigh anything. Bathroom scales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Mind if I ask what that configuration costs thesedays ?

€2700 is what I paid before the adjusted their prices upwards for the Euro.
    Mine was more over the specified weight than I expected too, there is a thread on it somewhere.

I came across that thread in my research, I was hoping it wouldn't happen to me.

I got a fit last night, just need to transfer my Stages and I'll be ready to properly roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Thanks for that, I got the same bike in 2013 with Ultegra (10 speed then) with an upgrade from the standard wheels to cosmic carbones (older basic version I think). They quoted me the difference by email and it was 2680E all in including postage.

Good to see their prices have not changed much (and if anything gone down). If buying again I'd be comparing what is out there against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Lovely bike. I would have gone for a black saddle myself.

Lovely bike. I would have gone for a black saddle myself.

I did go for a Black Saddle, but they gave me white.
    Got the Saddle colour wrong, I ordered black.
    Wired the brakes backwards than I requested.

I'll give them feedback and see what happens.

I'll give them feedback

As in publicly visible customer reviews? I'd contact them first by email or phone, they have good customer service, I bet they will simply send you the black one on their expense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Nice bike Luke. Why didn't you go for the black saddle though?

:-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

My 3rd spin on the Rose, Ladies view on the way back down from Moll's gap

IMG_20150525_194132.jpg

I did go for a Black Saddle, but they gave me white.

Yeah I saw that....sorry, couldn't resist, meant to put a smiley on it :D

colm18 wrote: »
    Nice bike Luke. Why didn't you go for the black saddle though?

:-P

Classic :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

I'll give them feedback and see what happens.

Rose will replace saddle or stem within 4 weeks of delivery even if it is because you changed your mind, I am sure it will not be an issue if it is their error. I found them very customer- responsive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Interesting article from the Guardian about Rose, Canyon and Planet X bikes

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2015/may/22/test-ride-three-1000-road-bikes-web-only-canyon-rose-planet-x

He liked all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Feck it ! I want a new Rose/Canyon/Planet x bike now!

Damn this thread :(

jon1981 wrote: »
    Feck it ! I want a new Rose/Canyon/Planet x bike now!

Damn this thread :(

Me too and I only have my Rose 8months!

So much for Rose weights, put the bike on a big industrial weigher in work today.

1050g over the specified weight of 6950g.

Following are additions/changes to what 6950 in their catalogue was specified for:

- Frame M->L
    - Pedals Speedplay Zero
    - 1 water cage
    - Green paint as opposed to none
    - Compact Ultegra -> Rotor 3D Standard Power Meter
    - Handlerbar plastic attachment to take Garmin

- Back wheel Mavic Krysium Elite, front wheel Campagnola Zonda (these shouldn't be any heavier than original speced wheels I would think)

- Air in tyres ???

- Front tyre Ultremo ZLX (which should be lighter)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

So much for Rose weights, put the bike on a big industrial weigher in work today.

Following are additions/changes to what 6950 in their catalogue was specified for:

- Frame M->L
    - Pedals Speedplay Zero
    - 1 water cage
    - Green paint as opposed to none
    - Compact Ultegra -> Rotor 3D Standard Power Meter
    - Handlerbar plastic attachment to take Garmin

- Back wheel Mavic Krysium Elite, front wheel Campagnola Zonda (these shouldn't be any heavier than original speced wheels I would think)

- Air in tyres ???

- Front tyre Ultremo ZLX (which should be lighter)

Weight actually doesn't seem too far off, pedals and power meter alone would take up half a kilogram. Frame size would probably add another 100g at least. Paint and accessories would likely make up the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gambeta_fc

Recent GCN video on time trial gear at the Giro showed a Cannonade Slice where they had sanded off the paint job ... they reckon it dropped 300g :eek:

Green paint as opposed to none

Looks like I'm not the only one. I messaged a guy on Instagram today, he has some top notch full carbon wheels and his was 7.7kg.
    they specify a "Matt Black and Iron Grey" as the reference paint job.

They got back to me... about the saddle, cable and bike weight.
    Please apologize that we had done some mistakes by your order.

We will send you asap the correct saddle and the cables inclusive handlebar tape. It isn´t necessary to send the wrong saddle back.

About the weight of your bike:
    You have chosen the heaviest color with sugar-white / matt-black and it weighs about 250g more as shiny-black / iron-grey.
    The wheel set inclusive the tires ( 2.270g ) is about 400g heavier as the standard combi (1.870g ).

Bike in sugar-white 7.200g
    Pedals + 260g
    Wheelset incl. Tires + 400g
    Bottlecage + 35g

Your configuration 7.895g

So I'll be ordering a belt sander, just like Ryder's TT bike. :P

250g for a bit of colour, jeez that's mad ted, I'll be going grey next time

You still don't see many Rose bikes around but in the Deenside cup and SHA3 I've been chatting to a fellow who has the same Rose bike in the same colour as myself (you know the mutual bike admiration stuff). Just wondering is he a boardsie and reading this...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Just got an email from Rose to say my bike due 1st week in July has been pushed back to 1st week in August due to QA issues with their forks. Not a happy bunny, have a planned holiday with lots of cycling mid-July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

smacl wrote: »
    Just got an email from Rose to say my bike due 1st week in July has been pushed back to 1st week in August due to QA issues with their forks. Not a happy bunny, have a planned holiday with lots of cycling mid-July.

Can i ask which bike you had ordered?

Mine is also due in first week of July, I have not received any email (yet!) though.

My order is for a XEON cdx 3100 di2. Just wondering if yours uses the same fork.

sorry to hear about the delay, especially with your holiday planned. I hope you still have whatever bike you were replacing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

smacl wrote: »
    My Pro DX Cross-3000 Hydraulic is due in 5 weeks. They certainly seem to be one of the best value vendors out there at the moment, and I love the way you can configure the components to meet your precise requirements. Looking forward to the new arrival.

Nevermind my post above, I see the bike you had ordered here, from earlier in the thread.

Fian wrote: »
    Nevermind my post above, I see the bike you had ordered here, from earlier in the thread.

You should be ok, different forks on the cross and road bikes.

Fian wrote: »
    sorry to hear about the delay, especially with your holiday planned. I hope you still have whatever bike you were replacing?

Yep, ol' faithful hopefully still has a few miles in her yet before being put out to grass on the turbo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ecd11239

Ha ha! I had a similar flush of anxiety when I read the post.

No message for me either, I've ordered the X-lite 3000 - no disc brakes so different fork again from both of yours.

QC issues are concerning... Hopefully there's a review of all production, better safe than dead, even if it takes an extra couple of weeks

Advertisement