Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose bikes

Options
  • 14-04-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Evening all
    Just had a look at Rose Xeon rs-4000 online on rosebikes
    Lovely looking bike, looks like great value.
    Never heard of anyone who has a Rose bike though.
    Any boardie out there with a rose bike who can fill me in on how they find them.
    Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

I got one last September (unfortunately I have to sell it now though) a carbon pro rs road bike.

Absolutely fantastic value, couldnt believe it! Everything was top notch with this bike and very well put together by Rose.

I would buy another in the morning if I could

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nattefrost

I bought an aluminium framed Rose last year to have for the winter but I liked the bike so much I sold my carbon bike which was worth more than double the Rose. The ride is a bit on the firm side but I dont find it uncomfortable even over long distance. Couldnt recommend them highly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Bought my MTB from Rose a few years back after a German friend recommended giving them a look - great value for money at the time and was delivered pretty quickly too. I've used them since for components from time to time and found the same so i've no problem recommending them for the big stuff or the little things

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AtomMcC

I have a rose bike on order which I haven't recieved yet. I'll post what it's like when I recieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brendan0576

AtomMcC wrote: »
    I have a rose bike on order which I haven't recieved yet. I'll post what it's like when I recieve it.

Cheers Atom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Dinging

Hi Atom,

I'm seriously looking at a Rose bike also. If you don't mind me asking what are due to take delivery of.

Hi Dinging. Its a Rose Xeon CRS 3100. I also configured the bike a bit.
    Still have to wait a few weeks yet.

My bike arrived today. You can see some initial comments and photos here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056637822

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Just a word of warning:
    I ordered a Xeon CRS-4400 from Rose yesterday. It is very unclear from the site what the lead time is on the bike. I clicked on the availability link for the bike in my size and there was 3 green lights next to it and it said "item available" so I assumed this meant it was in stock. Today I checked my order and it won't be shipped for 8 weeks, I am absolutely f*cking ripping about this as I had to sell my roadbike to finance this purchase.

I know the LBS advocates are singing "cry me a river" with some justification but Canyon are capable of telling you what the estimated delivery date is in a clear manner before you click the purchase button, surely Rose should be capable of doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

if you bought from an LBS most bikes have a lead time of 4-8 weeks as well. but an LBS would tell you straight off.
    in hindsight you should have maybe asked Rose about the leadtime

• Advertisement

markusz wrote: »
    if you bought from an LBS most bikes have a lead time of 4-8 weeks as well. but an LBS would tell you straight off.
    in hindsight you should have maybe asked Rose about the leadtime

Hindsight's a great thing :)

As I said though, it does look from the website that the bike is in stock (55cm).
    xRpRxUw.jpg

Maybe I'm misreading it but Canyon make it unmistakable on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭youtheman

I was thinking of ordering a Canyon bike last year. When I checked their website I was told effectively "all sold out for this year", or words to this effect.

I contacted Rose a few weeks ago and I got the following reply "Delivery time is early June as we have already sold out of the first frame delivery, the second delivery is due Late April and it takes 4-5 weeks to build the bikes". I went ahead and ordered, and after I ordered I got confirmation of a delivery around mid May.

I trust it will be worth the wait. Must say, all my dealings with Rose prior to ordering have been very impressive. They were quick to answer my queries about specification and frame-size. When I registered they sent me a brochure, magazine and nice bag (can use it for the helmet).

youtheman wrote: »
    I was thinking of ordering a Canyon bike last year. When I checked their website I was told effectively "all sold out for this year", or words to this effect.

I contacted Rose a few weeks ago and I got the following reply "Delivery time is early June as we have already sold out of the first frame delivery, the second delivery is due Late April and it takes 4-5 weeks to build the bikes". I went ahead and ordered, and after I ordered I got confirmation of a delivery around mid May.

I trust it will be worth the wait. Must say, all my dealings with Rose prior to ordering have been very impressive. They were quick to answer my queries about specification and frame-size. When I registered they sent me a brochure, magazine and nice bag (can use it for the helmet).

Yeah, the bikes look the business, probably a better selection of parts than Canyon. I don't mind waiting the 8 weeks but if that information was made clearer on the website I would have held off on selling the roadbike.

Oh well, you live and learn. On the plus side the mountainbike is going to see a lot of action over the next 2 months which isn't a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Bear in mind with Rose that as you are allowed to pick and mix the parts when ordering the bike, they cannot tell you upfront on lead time, as it depends on the parts combination, unless you are buying from sale section which may be a bike that someone else had ordered and cancelled.
    They are very responsive on email. So just email them and ask straight up. Normally its six weeks I think.
    The good thing is they will tell you "earliest date it will be ready is x date" which may seem a negative but is better than having a bike shop tell you "they should be in next week, we'll give you a ring" and you getting the same message every week for 2 months (guess whose had this experience, not bitter :-) ).
    And when they give you a date (on order acceptance ) they will be accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

I have a road Rose CX bike which I ordered last July. On ordering the lead time was I think 5 weeks.
    Bike arrived bang on the advised date.

I think rtmie has it bang on - because of the pick and mix element you won't get the delivery date accurately until after going through the order process I guess

I have had after sales dealings with them and have to say they were brilliant. Mangled my mech hanger in a race in December, called them first thing Monday morning, they had a replacement in the post that day and I had it on the Thursday

And the best bit - it WILL be worth the wait - really great bikes, beautiful frame finishes and as you will know unbeatable spec for money

boomdocker wrote: »
    I have a road Rose CX bike which I ordered last July. On ordering the lead time was I think 5 weeks.
    Bike arrived bang on the advised date.

I think rtmie has it bang on - because of the pick and mix element you won't get the delivery date accurately until after going through the order process I guess

I have had after sales dealings with them and have to say they were brilliant. Mangled my mech hanger in a race in December, called them first thing Monday morning, they had a replacement in the post that day and I had it on the Thursday

And the best bit - it WILL be worth the wait - really great bikes, beautiful frame finishes and as you will know unbeatable spec for money

Well it arrived during the week, 2 weeks early and I am definitely not disappointed, well worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Fian

I am waiting, like a kid waiting for Christmas, on a Rose bike as well.

Last week my expected delivery was in 12 weeks (from then).

2 weeks before that it was in 8 weeks (from then).

Today it is down to six weeks (from now) - so back to where it was originally scheduled for 2 weeks ago.

Paste from website:

approx. 6 weeks (this shipping date is non-binding and might still change)
    ROSE XEON CDX 3100 Di2

Just hope it sticks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I've got a Rose mountain bike. I love it. Can't complain about them at all.

I've been seeing more and more Rose road bikes out and about too.

Fian wrote: »
    I am waiting, like a kid waiting for Christmas, on a Rose bike as well.

Last week my expected delivery was in 12 weeks (from then).

2 weeks before that it was in 8 weeks (from then).

Today it is down to six weeks (from now) - so back to where it was originally scheduled for 2 weeks ago.

Paste from website:

approx. 6 weeks (this shipping date is non-binding and might still change)
    ROSE XEON CDX 3100 Di2

Just hope it sticks now.

Got that same bike a few weeks ago. Love it. The matt black/blue finish is much nicer than the standard shiny black/red finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ecd11239

Waiting on the pay cheque to arrive on Thursday so I can finally put an order in for an X-lite CRS 3100 Di2.

Bank holiday in Germany today so they weren't answering the phones - wanted to get an idea how long the wait would be...

The excitement is excruciating!

Off to check other threads now and decide whether Di2 is worth the risk - your thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I have rose xeon cw in matt green.

Great bike but always had a bit of difficulty cleaning frame. WD40 is best thing I've found for it, anybody come across anything better ?

youtheman wrote: »
    Got that same bike a few weeks ago. Love it. The matt black/blue finish is much nicer than the standard shiny black/red finish.

Delighted to hear it. I have gone Matt Black, really looking forward to receiving the bike. Funny enough i will be in Germany for the week it arrives (from Germany.)

Fian wrote: »
    Delighted to hear it. I have gone Matt Black, really looking forward to receiving the bike. Funny enough i will be in Germany for the week it arrives (from Germany.)

Mine arrived two weeks early. So you might be pleasantly surprised (maybe!).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

My Pro DX Cross-3000 Hydraulic is due in 5 weeks. They certainly seem to be one of the best value vendors out there at the moment, and I love the way you can configure the components to meet your precise requirements. Looking forward to the new arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

I got my Rose Xeon CW-3000 with Mavic Cosmic SLS on Friday.

I was really excited but they;
    • Got the Saddle colour wrong, I ordered black.
    • Wired the brakes backwards than I requested.

It feels fantastic, pretty comfortable, even when I hastily transferred measurements from the other bike. I'm getting it fitted soon. I love the looks. I haven't taken it on any dodgy road surfaces yet.
    It fells like I'm the only limiting factor in the bike's speed, not being able to spin fast enough.

My main disappointment is that it's 600g more than advertised.
    My size XS weighs 8kg (with 260g pedals, 1700g wheels, two empty plastic elite bottle cages and an unloaded out-front Garmin mount)
    They claimed that a size Medium is 6.9kg +/-5% (with no pedals, and 1400g wheels).
    There was only 10g difference between the Mavic tyres and the Continental tyres.

ShNWF05.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Lovely looking bike. Just a thought, but re-weight have you checked your scales. If you're using a digital bathroom scales, they may not be that accurate and have to be properly level to give a reasonable result.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

smacl wrote:
    Lovely looking bike. Just a thought, but re-weight have you checked your scales. If you're using a digital bathroom scales, they may not be that accurate and have to be properly level to give a reasonable result.

I was using my bike stand on the scales.
    Maybe I need one of those hook things for weighing airport bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Mind if I ask what that configuration costs thesedays ?

Mine was more over the specified weight than I expected too, there is a thread on it somewhere.

Like you I upgraded wheels and bought a L frame and a painted gloss finish accounts for some extra grams too. I also specified a standard rather than compact chainset but even with all these changes the extra weight was a little more than expected

I got my Rose Xeon CW-3000 with Mavic Cosmic SLS on Friday.

My main disappointment is that it's 600g more than advertised.
    My size XS weighs 8kg (with 260g pedals, 1700g wheels, two empty plastic elite bottle cages and an unloaded out-front Garmin mount)
    They claimed that a size Medium is 6.9kg +/-5% (with no pedals, and 1400g wheels).
    There was only 10g difference between the Mavic tyres and the Continental tyres.

Personally I wouldn't lose too much sleep over a 600g difference - I tend to take those weight claims with a grain of salt. Is it not the case that they are routinely inaccurate across most vendors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I actually had a look at rose bikes myself at the higher end stuff just for the laugh lately and I did think myself the weights were.... optimistic.

The x-lite team 7000 (a touch over 5 grand) is quoted at 5.95g for a size 57 frame.

Sure it's an expensive bike, but I don't think any other manufacturer is claiming sub 6kg for any of their 5 grand builds. -Canyon certainly aren't.
    I've a cervelo r5 with a list price another few g's on top of that and the same wheelset and it ain't sub 6kg, It's bloody light at something like 6.4 afaik but another half kilo lighter again is amazing....

or it's boll0x. :)

Course they're all great bikes, but I would be interested in what state of undress or otherwise they base their measurements on for accurate comparison.

edit - personally, yeah I would be annoyed over a 600g difference in stated weight. That's a lot of weight. It's a large bidon full to the brim.

Advertisement