Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just to let you know...I wasn't giving you advice on getting your act together with your eating habits. I was sharing my own experience that getting your head together means that the eating habits begin to resolve themselves.

Instead of a three mile walk to a gym, why not give yourself a nice treat like a manicure, and then make a plan to do something energetic and fun, with a friend or alone? A dance class, a yoga class, a hill-walk, a surfing lesson? Or go for a 3 mile walk with your favourite music in the most beautiful place you have access to. Make changes that can be fun.

I'm preaching to myself here! Gonna go for a swim and sauna later. :)

Did my three mile walk already- just got back. I hooked up my MP3 player to a heavy metal soundtrack and walked in time to the music. My calves are killing me so I must have made an impact.
    I rewarded myself by going into Penneys and buying myself two wee pots of sparkly nail polish. T'was good fun. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

krudler wrote: »
    Cant wait to see it, horror movies are crap these days so the genre needs a kick in the ass
    I generally stick to watching foreign language horrors, so much better

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Links234 wrote: »
    I generally stick to watching foreign language horrors, so much better

definitely, until the inevitable sh1tty American remake for people who dont want to read subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

we went to see the cabin in the woods last night, and it was AWESOME! :D

Seen it too, thought it was great! Not what I was expecting at all. Some of it scared me though, I'm such a wuss :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Having a bag of jam donuts for lunch, mmm. :)

(ps... presenting KnightQuest2985.) :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

3rd week on placement and they still have nothing for me to do :(

I am so bored, in since 8am and most exciting thing I've done is colour coded my gmail calender.

definitely, until the inevitable sh1tty American remake for people who dont want to read subtitles.

it's absolutely desperate how many remakes there are now though, isn't it? like just about any mildly successful horror from the 80's has been remade now, it's unbeleivable.

still glad to see there was no Pan's Labyrinth remake :) that's one of my favourites ever! :D
    MissElle wrote: »
    Seen it too, thought it was great! Not what I was expecting at all. Some of it scared me though, I'm such a wuss :o

what bits scared you?

it's absolutely desperate how many remakes there are now though, isn't it? like just about any mildly successful horror from the 80's has been remade now, it's unbeleivable.

still glad to see there was no Pan's Labyrinth remake :) that's one of my favourites ever! :D

what bits scared you?

Ah stop its crazy, theres barely an idea left in Hollywood, and what wrecks my head is how dumbed down everything is these days, its like movie studios dont have a shred of trust in an audiences intelligence. I really hope Prometheus is good cos it looks amazing in the trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

After seeing that for the first time in the cinema, tears still streaming down my face, I overheard two teenage girls bitching about the fact that there were subtitles and that it was 'like, in Spanish, or something' :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Fabrice Mumba has left hospital :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm Acciodream179... I feel like a Harry Potter Hippy...

Now, it's been officially 1 year since I last dyed my hair. As per my agreement with my hairdresser (who was getting annoyed with stripping the crap out of my hair everytime I changed my mind on colour) I can officially dye it again! Yeay!!!
    Blonde blonde blonde

Kiera wrote: »
    Fabrice Mumba has left hospital :)

That's great news! Heartbreaking about Piermario Morosini though. Especially after you read his family history

Ah stop its crazy, theres barely an idea left in Hollywood, and what wrecks my head is how dumbed down everything is these days, its like movie studios dont have a shred of trust in an audiences intelligence. I really hope Prometheus is good cos it looks amazing in the trailer

oh yes, prometheus looks good!
    Dolorous wrote: »
    After seeing that for the first time in the cinema, tears still streaming down my face, I overheard two teenage girls bitching about the fact that there were subtitles and that it was 'like, in Spanish, or something' :mad:

people can be so ignorant when it comes to subtitles, I just can't get my head around it! I've had friends who've flat out refused to go see subtitled films with me, it's stupid, and more than a little sad cos they don't know what they're missing out on.

I died a little inside when I saw they were remaking Let The Right One in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Vinta81 wrote: »
    3rd week on placement and they still have nothing for me to do :(

I am so bored, in since 8am and most exciting thing I've done is colour coded my gmail calender.
    Vinta81 that's pretty crap. What are you on placement for? You prob said before but I don't remember. I don't think places should take students on placements unless they are prepared to invest time and effort into them. Where we are sent, there is a contribution paid to them by the college. Thus there is teaching arranged etc.

oh yes, prometheus looks good!

people can be so ignorant when it comes to subtitles, I just can't get my head around it! I've had friends who've flat out refused to go see subtitled films with me, it's stupid, and more than a little sad cos they don't know what they're missing out on.

I died a little inside when I saw they were remaking Let The Right One in :(

That was one of the few good remakes though, its stuff like REC, which was remade as Quarantine, almost shot for shot, but in English, either just watch it dubbed (sacrilige!) or watch the Spanish one then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Do any boardsies want to go see Legally Blonde the Musical tonight?! One of my friends has dropped out and I can't find anyone to take her ticket!

I would absolutely love to but I doubt I could find a babysitter at this short notice! Hope you have an amazing time!! :)

I had so much fun today back in college doing a drumming workshop, and there was eye candy! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

WRECKED

Home now with a hot water bottle on my belly and a cat on my head:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

lord in heaven i am so tired

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Going out tonight, I don't even know where. I'm supporting my friends boyfriends band. I doubt it'll be a wild night, I'm wondering will anyone else be in the pub! I should add that it's because the band is fairly new so they're not going to draw a crowd and it's a monday.

I can't even drink(no money) but hell I'll get to laugh with some friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Anyone remember my post last week about the letter from the glamour model? Just got a reply from her management, a letter and signed photo are going in the post to me! *happy dance*

How I'm gonna keep this quiet til next year is beyond me, and hide it from him in the house! I am going to be the most respected new wife ever :pac::D:p

• Advertisement

Looking around the internet instead of doing what I should be doing but I found this, it's two very famous people, I don't know if I would've guessed if I had seen it without knowing who it was but the hair!

i-liked-her-old-hair-13152-1285080320-19.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

^
    The Clintons!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Orla K wrote: »
    Looking around the internet instead of doing what I should be doing but I found this, it's two very famous people, I don't know if I would've guessed if I had seen it without knowing who it was but the hair!

i-liked-her-old-hair-13152-1285080320-19.jpg
    They look good there in fairness! Before Monicagate :)

I still can't get over the hair on him!

I don't think I would ever know who she was from that photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

^ Bill looks like a BeeGee! :D

In other news, I haven't eaten anything since my lunch at 1pm. Gonna try and space out my meals to every 4 hours instead of every four minutes. :rolleyes: Also: I painted my nails metallic blue. They are pretty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

When you're waiting on the second email from Pottermore, can you find out what house you're in before that?

*inner HP nerd emerging*

Acoshla wrote: »
    Anyone remember my post last week about the letter from the glamour model? Just got a reply from her management, a letter and signed photo are going in the post to me! *happy dance*

How I'm gonna keep this quiet til next year is beyond me, and hide it from him in the house! I am going to be the most respected new wife ever :pac::D:p

That is so so awesome! I'm so glad- let us know what she writes in the letter :D

I'm sitting here buying my school supplies in Pottermore in my new dress that arrived in the post today that makes my boobs look awesome with newly blonde hair while waiting for my toe nail polish to dry so I can go out and meet a friend I haven't seen in 4 years. And game of thrones is on later. And i'm making Fajitas cause I'm able to eat solids again.
    Loving today a little too much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

sillymoo wrote: »
    Vinta81 that's pretty crap. What are you on placement for? You prob said before but I don't remember. I don't think places should take students on placements unless they are prepared to invest time and effort into them. Where we are sent, there is a contribution paid to them by the college. Thus there is teaching arranged etc.

For 6 months for BIS. I've done a few basic reports, most of the time I'm left alone and I just surf the web. Only so many times you can check your email, bank balance etc :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Vinta81 wrote: »
    For 6 months for BIS. I've done a few basic reports, most of the time I'm left alone and I just surf the web. Only so many times you can check your email, bank balance etc :(

Do an online course in something. Like a language or a free one in maths or programming or whatever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

EmilyO wrote: »
    When you're waiting on the second email from Pottermore, can you find out what house you're in before that?

*inner HP nerd emerging*

Congrats,You just got into the house of nerd,its my house too : )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement