Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Sleepover in Dublin tonight with movies and junk food and chats with good friends, can't wait! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I did win the short story comp on Creative Writing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I did win the short story comp on Creative Writing. :D

Was it the one in the Arena? :D That made me tear up a bit, it was so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Morning all :)

I'm so tired these last few days. Not sure what is wrong with me - it might still be jetlag.

Couldn't even stay awake for Game Of Thrones last night :D

So... one of the lads in work tied a Lindt Bunny bell to my bag and I didn't notice till he told me. I was wondering what the jingling noise was. Thought it was just coins :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Was it the one in the Arena? :D That made me tear up a bit, it was so good!

Yeah, and aw!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yeah that story was brill

someone else is going to have to challenge you now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Avox wrote: »
    You could use the wholegrain pasta, much less bloating and much lower in calories too!

With wholegrain and normal pasta/bread there's not much of a difference. You'll be able to see and feel much more of a difference if you just give them up completely.
    I did hear someone say something about all the studies on how wholegrain is better for you are compared to white over processed flour. It's the same as saying filtered fags are better for you than unfiltered. It still doesn't mean either is a good thing to consume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

don't eat much pasta

load up with spicy veg instead
    much tastier and feel less crap after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Agreed. Brown pasta and brown bread are still junk food in my eyes. You will have a much flatter stomach if you cut out wheat as much as you can. Worked a treat for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I haven't had bread for about two weeks and my stomach has gone down a little bit, I need to get back into my exercising though, I've neglected it the past few days.

Keeping "I'll do it later" then later comes and it's "ah I'll do it tomorrow" then tomorrow comes and it's the same thing.

You should try exercising first thing in the morning,that way then you don't have too keep reminding yourself to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm the carb queen and I have a completely flat stomach. Just thought I'd put that out there. Eating wheat doesn't automatically turn you into this:

violet-beauregarde-willy-wonka-1971.jpeg

Genuine wheat intolerances are a lot rarer than people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I'm the carb queen and I have a completely flat stomach. Just thought I'd put that out there. Eating wheat doesn't automatically turn you into this:

violet-beauregarde-willy-wonka-1971.jpeg

Some people can eat more carbs than others but if your like the picture then cutting back on the worst kinds of starchy carbs will help you a lot.

Also there's more to eating wheat/not eating wheat than how much fat you have and those are the reasons I choose not to eat it. Best example is celiacs they are normally skinny/flat stomach but inside there's a huge health problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Porridge and Mad Men, I like quiet mornings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Posy wrote: »
    Just noticed on my form from the weight loss clinic I'm 161cm tall which means I'm 5'3 rather than 5'4 :(
    Maybe you just have bad posture but are really 5 foot 4 if you straighten up. :) :pac:

Yes! I'm going with this, 5'4 was short enough without losing an inch!

i went on one of them machines that tells you weight height bf% etc and it said i was 5'7.75
    so im taking that as 5'8 :cool:

Must be amazing to be 5'8! I'm only 5'3, and really only just. Concerts are my worst nightmare, all I see is the back of people's heads :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Must be amazing to be 5'8! I'm only 5'3, and really only just. Concerts are my worst nightmare, all I see is the back of people's heads :mad:

Same here, 5'2. Always get stuck behind the tall, fat smelly bastard who whips his long hair back in your face and has his own gravitational field :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

There's pros and cons to being taller. Personally I wouldn't mind being a few inches shorter at times. The grass is always greener though!

I like being tall, but I still get taller people with big curly heads in front of me at gigs and the cinema!

• Advertisement

nah i don't want to be shorter i'm happy as i am :D

there's a bmw 3 series for sale on carzone, i want one now

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm 5"9 and the shortest of my friends, my housemate is 6"2 and my former was on just over 6ft, most of my family is pretty short though, was at a communion at the weekend and I felt like a giant lol whereas I feel tiny on nights out with the lads.

The grass is greener at my height because I'm so close to the ground :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The grass is greener at my height because I'm so close to the ground :)
    Heehee.. I like it. :)
    I'm 5 foot 3 but never felt particularly short. I can reach things on shelves in my kitchen! I've always felt about average. One of my best friends is 4 foot 11, the only time I feel tall is when I'm with her.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm 5'6". I feel tiny at metal gigs and football matches, and pretty normal height-wise around other women. :pac:

Here in India I'm average height, even taller than average perhaps. But at home I feel like a midget because my OH is about 6'4. Sometimes I see couples with a really tall man and a tiny woman and I laugh and tell the OH 'oh look at that funny couple!' - then he'll gently remind me that's exactly what we look like. Hahaha, yes I'm a dumbass :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Honey-ec wrote: »

I'm jealous of flat stomach people :P

My sister is coeliac, she was diagnosed when she was 4. Until the diagnosis she was very skinny, pale with frizzy hair but she had a pot belly. She was almost like those poor starving children in Africa - she was malnourished as the gluten in her diet was preventing her gut from properly absorbing vitamins and minerals from all food.

She's been on the diet for thirteen years now and she still has a tiny bit of a belly, but that's down to genetics; I and my parents have a small belly too. A lot of people think if they've got a belly they must be coeliac - I've got a bit of a belly but I'm not coeliac (I've been tested), I'm just greedy :P

Heh, I'm 5'1; when I go to concerts all I see are people's backs, never mind heads! Guys often think I must be pretty weak because I'm small, and insist on carrying heavy things for me, especially at work with heavy trays an the like, but I'm surprisingly sturdy :D

Posy wrote: »
    Heehee.. I like it. :)
    I'm 5 foot 3 but never felt particularly short. I can reach things on shelves in my kitchen! I've always felt about average. One of my best friends is 4 foot 11, the only time I feel tall is when I'm with her.

Heh, you've just reminded me, I lived with my friend (5ft 3) and her sister (5ft 9) and the taller one used to get great pleasure from putting things the smaller one would want on high shelves, I was always drafted in to reach them for her :D Boyfriend's mum and aunts are always asking me to take things down for them, when I was in heels at a party a few months ago I actually had to bend at the knees just to stand talking to his aunt, I was about 6ft in the heels and she's about 5ft, I look like a monster beside her.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Acoshla wrote: »
    Heh, you've just reminded me, I lived with my friend (5ft 3) and her sister (5ft 9) and the taller one used to get great pleasure from putting things the smaller one would want on high shelves, I was always drafted in to reach them for her :D
    That's so mean! Heehee. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Alright, who can I pay to dress like me and go do my shift in work tonight? Any takers? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement