Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Happy birthday everybody whose birthday it is!
    ...except Acoshla's boyfriend. :mad: for him.

I showed him this and he said "Aw :(". Serves him right. He made my dinner and half cleaned the kitchen, humph, it's something I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I have flat feet too. I had no idea it had the potential to be so costly! :eek:
    I have low medial arches, but (typically for me) I am between shoes, basically, the flattest shoes, are too flat for me, and the next shoes up, still aren't high enough, and the shoes next to that are too high for me, so I've to get the one's that aren't high enough and get the insoles to make them higher. :rolleyes:

I am always 'between' in everything, clothes size, shoe size, leg length, waist size, yadda, yadda, yadda.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Mars Bar wrote: »

Wow! :eek:

His feet must be very bad!

Flat as pancakes. He's double jointed and has hyper-mobility too so he's NEVER going to grow out of it. And he needs new insoles 3 or 4 times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jaysus. 6,000 posts :eek:

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Work wasnt bad today!!

Interview went well yesterday, got through to the 2nd round :):)
    Congrats on the interview, hope you get the job.
    Where did you get the analysis done? Elverys? It sounds like you're getting prescription insoles.
    Yeah I got it done in Elverys, there's no where else near to me that does it unfortunately. Luckily it was free.
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    I pay €400, PER INSOLE for my son. It's insane.
    Flat as pancakes. He's double jointed and has hyper-mobility too so he's NEVER going to grow out of it. And he needs new insoles 3 or 4 times a year.
    How do you manage to pay €400? and a few times a year? I would cry if mine cost that much.

€400 is like five weeks of my social welfare money and that's without buying food, paying bills etc. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have hyper mobility in my feet and nowhere else.

The conversation kind of went like this:

Podiatrist: "Your ankles are really flexible."
    Me: "Aw cool, I've never been told I'm flexible."
    Pod: "Yeah, you don't want your ankles to be that flexible."
    Me: tumblr_m3wys1qbRv1ro4y77.jpg

It's also one of the reasons my toe is messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah I got it done in Elverys, there's no where else near to me that does it unfortunately. Luckily it was free.

It's €50 for the appointment first. So it cost €350 altogether.

Although these have a lifetime guarantee and it should be years upon years before I have any reason to replace them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Any chance of any recipes? I'm mad after a good chicken curry. I've got two recipes so far to try, but wouldn't mind having a few more lol.

Secret made up in my head recipe. :D

I marinate the chicken in a olive oil and curry powder paste. Then throw it on the pan to very lightly brown the chicken. Throw some peppers in. Move it all to a saucepan and add in some chicken stock. Thicken with some cornflour and a bit of tomato puree, then I leave it to simmer for however long I want to. The slower the simmer the better it tastes.

Very simple recipe, can take literally 15 minutes to make it if you're in a hurry.

Loads of recipes out there for curry, so many of them are complicated but this tastes perfect. Mum got a similar recipe years ago when she worked in a restaurant was trying to remember what it was so kinda threw this all together to try and emulate it. :)

I didn't know what hypermobility was...so I googled it, and it brought up photos of things I can do! :( I thought everybody could touch their thumb off their wrist, fold fingers over each other, it has been pointed out before that my fingers bend back weirdly far but I thought that was the only weird thing!

How do you manage to pay €400? and a few times a year? I would cry if mine cost that much.

€400 is like five weeks of my social welfare money and that's without buying food, paying bills etc. :eek:

I've been working full time since I was 16....not working now cos I'm back in college but I finish on the 22nd and I've work lined up for the following week... And it's €400 per foot;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »
    I didn't know what hypermobility was...so I googled it, and it brought up photos of things I can do! :( I thought everybody could touch their thumb off their wrist, fold fingers over each other, it has been pointed out before that my fingers bend back weirdly far but I thought that was the only weird thing!
    I'm the same. My fingers bending all directions is my party piece. Had to get lots of physio on my ankles and shoulders for it tho. Having a jelly body isn't much fun.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

awec wrote: »
    Enjoy your night all, I'm off out and im pretty snattered :D
    Have fun, Duck :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

It's €50 for the appointment first. So it cost €350 altogether.

Although these have a lifetime guarantee and it should be years upon years before I have any reason to replace them.
    As if €300 wasn't enough.
    Me too.

Whenever my bf squeezes my hand is just goes like rubber, whereas if I squeeze his, after a few seconds all I hear is "ow, stop".
    I've been working full time since I was 16....not working now cos I'm back in college but I finish on the 22nd and I've work lined up for the following week... And it's €400 per foot;)
    I honestly don't know how you manage it, along with bills, rent, car tax/insurance/petrol etc. :eek:

I would freak if I had to pay the guts of a grand for my feet. :eek:

I honestly don't know how you manage it, along with bills, rent, car tax/insurance/petrol etc. :eek:

When you have to find money for something you do, you just cut back on all things that aren't necessities. A friend of mine has a mortgage, rent, bills, food, etc, and €4000 a month to pay off a loan :eek:

As if €300 wasn't enough.

Me too.

Whenever my bf squeezes my hand is just goes like rubber, whereas if I squeeze his, after a few seconds all I hear is "ow, stop".

They're not my feet. They're my son's feet, big difference there;)

I've spent thousands on all kinds of treatments for him. I actually spent thousands on one kind of treatment. Some are worth it, some weren't but I'd do each and every one of them all over again.

His feet are important, especially while he's growing. He gets terrible pains when his insoles stop working. He also has hyperkeratosis on his feet so his insoles are made from a special breathable material. That probably hikes the price up a bit.....

As Acoshla said, you find the money...and I'll always find the money for him:)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

When you have to find money for something you do, you just cut back on all things that aren't necessities. A friend of mine has a mortgage, rent, bills, food, etc, and €4000 a month to pay off a loan :eek:

And its amazing what you end up considering "not necessary". I do remember a particularly poor point in studenthood where eating anything other than spuds was a luxury. Only for fortnightly feeds at the mothers, I would have got scurvy or something.

I cant understand some who think that stuff like getting highlights or bikini waxes are "necessities"

They're not my feet. They're my son's feet, big difference there;)

I've spent thousands on all kinds of treatments for him. I actually spent thousands on one kind of treatment. Some are worth it, some weren't but I'd do each and every one of them all over again.

His feet are important, especially while he's growing. He gets terrible pains when his insoles stop working. He also has hyperkeratosis on his feet so his insoles are made from a special breathable material. That probably hikes the price up a bit.....

As Acoshla said, you find the money...and I'll always find the money for him:)
    Fair play to you Lucy, you sound like a wonderful mother, your son is lucky to have you.

Fair play to you Lucy, you sound like a wonderful mother, your son is lucky to have you.

Not at all...shur anyone would do that for their child...well, most would but we won't talk about the people who wouldn't cos they make Lucyfur cross and cross Lucyfur is rather scary:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Neyite wrote: »
    And its amazing what you end up considering "not necessary". I do remember a particularly poor point in studenthood where eating anything other than spuds was a luxury. Only for fortnightly feeds at the mothers, I would have got scurvy or something.

I cant understand some who think that stuff like getting highlights or bikini waxes are "necessities"

But they are! What are you talking about crazy lady?? All I have to get me through this life is my smooth bikini line and my perfectly highlighted hair :D

My Dad wouldn't, he doesn't do many things in life that aren't of benefit to him and him alone. Luckily my mother is slightly more generous! :p:)

Yup yup...My son's ''dad'' hasn't seen him in years, used to drink everything we had, stole money from my son and left me with a HEAP of debt. However, the best thing he ever did for us was walk out:D Life is awesome with no sh1tebags in it:D:D

Yup yup...My son's ''dad'' hasn't seen him in years, used to drink everything we had, stole money from my son and left me with a HEAP of debt. However, the best thing he ever did for us was walk out:D Life is awesome with no sh1tebags in it:D:D

I deleted that comment just as you quoted it, I had second thoughts on it, he's a very selfish man but at the same time sometimes he'd do anything for me, so my brain is conflicted, in case you're wondering where it's gone :) My Dad isn't a bad guy, he should just never have married my mom or had kids (and the marriage is her fault because it was her idea, therefore it's her fault they had a kid too, he's lovely but not very clever so she gets the blame!:p)

Will I delete where I quoted you?

Will I delete where I quoted you?

Meh, don't mind either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Any chance of any recipes? I'm mad after a good chicken curry. I've got two recipes so far to try, but wouldn't mind having a few more lol.
    The cooking club has some really good looking recipes by curry addict! I#m dying to try them after the exams :)
    I pay €400, PER INSOLE for my son. It's insane.
    I think your son and me might be twins. Except for me being a decade or so older, and not your kid and all :P My insoles cost €800 about 2 years ago and I need another new pair badly, no money for them atm though. Hopefully I might be able to get some during the summer if I get enough hours from work!

+1 to what Muffin said btw, Lucyfur = supermom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I showed him this and he said "Aw :(". Serves him right. He made my dinner and half cleaned the kitchen, humph, it's something I guess.

Oh I feel kinda bad now, I don't even know him and I was cross at him on his birthday...I hope your dinner was nice though!
    Neyite wrote: »
    I've been inviting my brother over for dinner once a week or so since just before the exams, it's his first year in college and he's just eating crap while he's studying and doing exams. He came over one week and I apologised that the veg were a bit soggy cos it was a day-old curry. He said that the fact that they were veg was the important bit because he'd been on the verge of scurvy.

Oh I feel kinda bad now, I don't even know him and I was cross at him on his birthday...I hope your dinner was nice though!

Don't feel bad!

Pudsey and Ashleigh won BGT, awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I know, hurray for them! (Ashleigh and Pudsey!) It's amazing, we've had one of our dogs for around 6 years and she still can't grasp the concept of fetch...

• Advertisement

I know, hurray for them! (Ashleigh and Pudsey!) It's amazing, we've had one of our dogs for around 6 years and she still can't grasp the concept of fetch...

I've had my dog 14 years and she couldn't fetch to save her life. The whole concept is totally lost on her:p

The cat, however, is awesome at fetch:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement