Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Hi everyone from NYC :D

I think I might be all shopped out. Feet are very achy.

Love it over here. Weather is gorgeous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Das Kitty, the rocket is brilliant. What is even more brilliant is he was clearly spelling your name wrong and changed the second 'e' to an L. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Happy birthday DK and Lola! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I can finally drive :pac: Passed my test!

It's been a great week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Happy birthday lola :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Das Kitty, the rocket is brilliant. What is even more brilliant is he was clearly spelling your name wrong and changed the second 'e' to an L. :D

*checks*

The sod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Congrats Vinta :D

Hah, turns out we actually walked 10k instead of 5 this morning, because we parked so far from the starting point!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I hate being at home! The country sucks! The funnest thing I can do when I'm at home is make friends with the cows who are my neighbours (literally..).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Avox wrote: »
    I hate being at home! The country sucks! The funnest thing I can do when I'm at home is make friends with the cows who are my neighbours (literally..).

Cows are great! My cows know what biscuits are! You stand at the gate, a field between you, call out "biscuits!" a couple of times, and watch 20+ (but only 6 eat them) come running to the gate.

I should make a video, because it is the cutest thing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im the same as you!

the only reason i am home is because the washing machine broke and i needed to do loads of washing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Polloloca wrote: »
    Cows are great! My cows know what biscuits are! You stand at the gate, a field between you, call out "biscuits!" a couple of times, and watch 20+ (but only 6 eat them) come running to the gate.

i like it when you say moo at a cow and their ears flap! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Congrats Vinta :)

Ahahaha, if the horses hear me rattling the dog's bowls, they come charging down to the gate and hang out over it hopefully :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You know those amazing milka bars with the biscuit and the layer of milky goodness, choco swing ones.

11374_Milka+Tablet+100+Choco+Swing.jpg

Well, last week I discovered them in biscuit form in lidl branded biscuits. My god. Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Happy birthday DasKitty and Lola

Heh heh "big rocket" indeed! :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Don't wanna work tonight. Wah.

Need to find a nice dress for my cousin's wedding in July, I've looked at Asos and Boohoo as I'd like to find one online if possible. One dress I liked from Topshop is out of stock. Too poor for all this, plus a badly-needed hair appointment, shoes and a bag. Double Wah.

EmilyO wrote: »
    Don't wanna work tonight. Wah.

Need to find a nice dress for my cousin's wedding in July, I've looked at Asos and Boohoo as I'd like to find one online if possible. One dress I liked from Topshop is out of stock. Too poor for all this, plus a badly-needed hair appointment, shoes and a bag. Double Wah.

What about this?

75100076_large.jpg

From Dorothy Perkins.

The ones out the back now are just calves so I've been trying to calm them down and train them to be like dogs! They're not cooperating though.. The only thing they like is when I bring the black food bucket down to them and shake it and they just follow me around the field like sheep! :D

I love them when they're calves. They're so funny jumping around the place and picking on each other because they want to play.

awec wrote: »
    You have cows?! :pac:
    I do, and most of them are pets!!! We have a sick little baby the past 2 weeks, shes only 6 weeks old, and she's like a child. She will lay really close into you and leave her head on your leg when you swat down next to her, just to be scratched. I wrap her up in my dads dressing gown at night time. I'm sure the vet thinks Im a bit tapped, but at least she is warm. They're my babies. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I love them when they're calves. They're so funny jumping around the place and picking on each other because they want to play.
    There is a field of sheep opposite my parents' house, I love watching the lambs lepping around...I remember once, they were queuing up to jump of this ledge, when one was finished, he would run back to the queue to do it again! :) Made my day!

You can train them to go walkies too!! My calf Mia (well shes 1 now) used to follow me around when she was a baby (aided by biscuits, she only likes digestives lol) and now she keeps doing it. Shes so cute, if we are moving them from different fields, and i have to stand on the road/in a gap to keep them from going into the wrong place, she doesn't understand that Im there to shoo her away and not be her friend, and she'll trot over to me. She follows my dad around the field when hes securing fences, or doing whatever.

I love them. They are so intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

All the cow talk reminded me of a Ray William Johnson video. This is what cows are like after being let out after winter.

It always makes me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Happy birthday DasKitty and Lola

Heh heh "big rocket" indeed! :P :D

Of course! :eek:

That's the present. He didn't forget at all....

How didn't we see it before?!
    (Though, for the record, I don't actually want to see it.)

I used to love bottle feeding the baby lambs. They're so greedy lol!

I used to pick a pet calf, name him Charlie (they were all called Charlie), and hide treats in my pockets to give to him :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oh no, don't make me have to stop eating steak...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Could kill boyfriend. He is so hungover he has asked me to cancel his birthday dinner tonight, he thought we were just going to a local restaurant for dinner but I'd planned to go to Galway to his fave restaurant and then go for drinks with some friends :( We never get to go out in the city any more, and we never get to go for dinner on weekend nights because of his stupid job, so now it's crappy tv and takeaway in my filthy kitchen that he promised he'd clean but is "too sick" to. Humph.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Could kill boyfriend. He is so hungover he has asked me to cancel his birthday dinner tonight, he thought we were just going to a local restaurant for dinner but I'd planned to go to Galway to his fave restaurant and then go for drinks with some friends :( We never get to go out in the city any more, and we never get to go for dinner on weekend nights because of his stupid job, so now it's crappy tv and takeaway in my filthy kitchen that he promised he'd clean but is "too sick" to. Humph.

Tell him to get up or you'll never treat him to anything again and to suffer on with the hangover cos it's his own fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going on a movie date in an hour! Got my foundation on- my brother says I look sick 'cause it's so pale. *rolls eyes*
    Hopefully gonna get my Kindle working tonight so wish me luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Tell him to get up or you'll never treat him to anything again and to suffer on with the hangover cos it's his own fault!

Eh I'm not wasting €150 of my hard earned cash to teach him a lesson and drag him through it :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement