Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floyd Mayweather Vs Miguel Cotto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Muzi5434 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for that. Do you know if HBO have an online thing where you can buy and stream online in HD?

I would be surprised if HBO did not have this service on offer to the public. I guess a visit to their website may help. Don't have the time at the moment to check. Hope it's there for you. I will be getting it on BoxNation.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

walshb wrote: »
    I would be surprised if HBO did not have this service on offer to the public. I guess a visit to their website may help. Don't have the time at the moment to check. Hope it's there for you. I will be getting it on BoxNation.

Just checked it there but you have to be within the 50 states to avail the service. It's HBOgo. I wouldn't mind watching it on BoxNation but I don't like there commentary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pabzzz

Muzi5434 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for that. Do you know if HBO have an online thing where you can buy and stream online in HD?

Any of you guys ever use the likes of Flash Sport Streams or Live Online Footy for PPV streams?....Something like 7 euro for a month which seems pretty good as you get all the sky sports etc. Don't really fancy trowling the interwebz looking for a stream of this fight, then find a stream and then it stalls. Story of my life at 4am on a big fight night :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I don't understand why people don't just get Boxnation, Fair play to them getting this fight and showing plenty of good Boxing.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Pabzzz wrote: »
    Any of you guys ever use the likes of Flash Sport Streams or Live Online Footy for PPV streams?....Something like 7 euro for a month which seems pretty good as you get all the sky sports etc. Don't really fancy trowling the interwebz looking for a stream of this fight, then find a stream and then it stalls. Story of my life at 4am on a big fight night :cool:

Had flash sports but it got dodgy enough for a while there, with none of the matches being shown properly. Don't know if the situation has improved.

• Advertisement

Had flash sports but it got dodgy enough for a while there, with none of the matches being shown properly. Don't know if the situation has improved.

None of the matches being shown properly..as in they were really laggy and un-watchable?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

cowzerp wrote: »
    I don't understand why people don't just get Boxnation, Fair play to them getting this fight and showing plenty of good Boxing.
    there coverage is pretty poor though
    they had Richard Keyes presenting it once when it was on freeview & he didn't have a clue about boxing
    plus the had Buncy the most annoying man on tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

I hope Mayweather and Packman get knocked out as they have not got into the ring with each other.I dont know who is to blame for that but its a disgrace.

Tom Cruise wrote: »
    I hope Mayweather and Packman get knocked out as they have not got into the ring with each other.I dont know who is to blame for that but its a disgrace.

You know, both losing wouldn't upset me in the slightest. I think you're onto something here.

MD1990 wrote: »
    there coverage is pretty poor though
    they had Richard Keyes presenting it once when it was on freeview & he didn't have a clue about boxing
    plus the had Buncy the most annoying man on tv

It's not that bad, not bad enough to refuse to get it in. I mean, you are there to watch the fight, sometimes the commentary may not be to your liking, but surely it's bearable enough for you to enjoy the fight? I like Steve Bunce. Full of passion. Yes, at times OTT, but still brings passion.

• Advertisement

It's not that bad, not bad enough to refuse to get it in. I mean, you are there to watch the fight, sometimes the commentary may not be to your liking, but surely it's bearabl enough for you to enjoy the fight? I like Steve Bunce. Full of passion. Yes, at times OTT, but still brings passion.

Plus you can always hit mute

Yes, you coud hit the mute. But, I will put up with the possible bad commentary so as I can at least hear the crowd, the oohs and aaahs, and the punches. A fight on mute is worse to me than bad commentary.

Yes, you coud hit the mute. But, I will put up with the possible bad commentary so as I can at least hear the crowd, the oohs and aaahs, and the punches. A fight on mute is worse to me than bad commentary.

The oohs and ahhs make it so much more exciting!..I could never watch a fight on mute.

Just remembered these punches. Serious hits

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Jesus, we get fairly slim pickings this side of the Atlantic for commentary/production. Doesn't that boxnation sh!te look like it transmits from some lads shed in about 116p quality, with almost unlistenable commentary? Jim Watt is just as bad: "2 Clean puncheeeeeeeeeeees!".

Ugh, that clip of May/Mosley rd 2. still gets me excited/disappointed. If Shane had just taken a step back and come forward 2 or 3 more times in the fashion that caught Floyd, he would've put him away. He said as much afterwards, hindsight though eh. It was as if his own legs went from adrenaline dump from the achieving the almost impossible and rocking Floyd.

babymanval wrote: »
    Ugh, that clip of May/Mosley rd 2. still gets me excited/disappointed. If Shane had just taken a step back and come forward 2 or 3 more times in the fashion that caught Floyd, he would've put him away. He said as much afterwards, hindsight though eh. It was as if his own legs went from adrenaline dump from the achieving the almost impossible and rocking Floyd.

To me they were just two good shots. Shots that woke Mayweather up. Mosley had very little to offer after them. Money took them and recovered quite quickly, even finishing the rd the stronger. Money knew then that Mosley wasn't going to beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

babymanval wrote: »
    Ugh, that clip of May/Mosley rd 2. still gets me excited/disappointed.

Yeah I hear you. Makes you think just how incredible it would be to see him go down. That's not out of hatred for Floyd (well maybe a little), but more out of the incredible sporting drama it would provide. We live in hope.

I just did a wee bit of PPV research on Manny and Floyd

Manny has had 7 PPV fights generating 7.99 million buys, or an average of 1.14 million buys per fight

Floyd has had 5 PPV fights generating 7.2 million buys, or an average of 1.4 million per fight.

Now, averages see Floyd being the bigger seller. But, recent fights, as in their last fight shows Manny outsold Floyd by 1.45 to 1.25 million buys.

Remove Oscar, the cash cow, and Manny generates a total of 6.74 million buys, an average of 1.12 million buys per fight; Floyd generates 4.8 million buys, an average of 1.2 million buys per fight.

These numbers are almost identical. Floyd was on HBO recently doing an interview and using his superior selling power to explain that he deserves the bigger share. Baloney!

The real PPV numbers should be from recent fights. Why go back to 2007 and 2008 and add in Oscar? I did, just to include all the details.

If there was a noticeable difference in averages, or in their last fight PPV numbers I could understand somewhat.

Totals from their last two fights: Manny generates 2.79 million, an average of 1.395 million buys; Floyd generates 2.65 million buys, an average of 1.325 million buys

Where are the numbers from? I thought PPV numbers aren't released?

Henno30 wrote: »
    Where are the numbers from? I thought PPV numbers aren't released?

They do release official PPV sales for PPV boxing events. I pulled these results from wikipedia, and after cross referencing they check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

I got a right few quid at Punchestown,so im going to bet on Cotto to win this
    @4/1 with paddy power and have a saver on the draw @33/1

• Advertisement

barney4001 wrote: »

And that's why bookies always win.

Don't do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

I think Mayweather is ready to be taken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

barney4001 wrote: »

4/1. Absolutely terrible odds.

Do people not realise that betting is an absolute fools game in every sport? The rare exception is if you are a professional gambler. There's a reason why every single bookmaker is running a profit.

I agree Mayweather is there to be taken, but not by Cotto.

I don't think Cotto has the handspeed to do it, and I really doubt he has the stamina to do it. Floyd will beat him to the punch all night. It will take either a masterful gameplan, or the sweetest shot of his career for Cotto to win this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

I've been searching for the balls to put a couple of grand on Mayweather at the usual pitiful 1/7 or whatever for about 5 years now. Every fight since around DLH, I've said "Next time I'm putting my entire bank balance on him". Still haven't plucked up the courage to do it! As much as I dislike the man, he's usually the safest bet in sports when it comes to showtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

4/1. Absolutely terrible odds.

Do people not realise that betting is an absolute fools game in every sport? The rare exception is if you are a professional gambler. There's a reason why every single bookmaker is running a profit.

I agree Mayweather is there to be taken, but not by Cotto.

Who do you think can take him?

24/7 - episode 3

This is part one despite the title

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

How much is BoxNation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

ive said before i dont want to see Mayweather lose because i want to be able to say i saw the best ever.

but im taking that back now. He's such a classless human being, i dont think there'd be anything more pleasureable than seeing him on his arse in the middle of a ring. He's an absolute pric

Advertisement