Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Togepi wrote: »
    Not bad, yourself? :)

Ah I know loads who got Bs and Cs, it was a weird subject.

Struggling on sure :p

T'was that alright, and I forgot my colours - the poster was pencil and pink highlighter so I just blame it on that :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I got a B in CSPE... :(

Whats worse is one of my friends got 8 As and 3 Bs, and one of those B's was CSPE. Because of that, his best JC award got split with two others. Stinger. :L

A guy in my school once got an E in CSPE because he took the project out after, brought it home and had a look at it. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Dont mind CSPE anyone member 4th year (obv not patch anyways :P ) ... bringing your colouring pencils to school and you were sorted :L :P
    on that note, my sis is nearly finished 4th year thank god, she annoyed me so much this year with her "I have so many projects fml..." etc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Our teacher was so passionate about it :') every class he won't let us sit down until we answered a CSPE question. 'Who is Minister for X?', 'Who is the President of Y?'. I so impressed him when I told him that the chairman on the UN was Ban Ki-Moon :D

BTW he told us he was one of the three people who started this subject, as in managed to get it to be an exam subject or whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What was you's cspe project?

I remember mine was going to the Dáil it was so boring everyone else had interesting projects.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, TY, really messed me up for 5th year. ;)
    All my 5th year friends wish they'd skipped it now, I feel superior. :D

Ours was the Dail too, zzzzzzz. I didnt realize there were options haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I got a B in CSPE... :(

Whats worse is one of my friends got 8 As and 3 Bs, and one of those B's was CSPE. Because of that, his best JC award got split with two others. Stinger. :L

A guy in my school once got an E in CSPE because he took the project out after, brought it home and had a look at it. :confused:

Home ec meant I didn't get best JC. I've been harbouring this deep resentment within me ever since, I haven't been able to go within ten feet of a kitchen or sewing machine. Maybe some day I will overcome this petty grudge against all things domestic, but I don't think it's likely.

Dont mind CSPE anyone member 4th year (obv not patch anyways :P ) ... bringing your colouring pencils to school and you were sorted :L :P
    on that note, my sis is nearly finished 4th year thank god, she annoyed me so much this year with her "I have so many projects fml..." etc :pac:

Don't you mean a pencil? :pac: Those were the days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

That is sickening! As far as I know I did the best in my year in the Junior (7 As and 4 Bs). Pretty much certain I did because a few people told me ages afterwards that such a one got the highest in our year with 6 As... :L I kept it fairly quiet that I did well anyway! :P Surprised it was the highest though, it's usually at least 8 or 9 As to get the best in the year. :cool:

finality wrote: »
    Home ec meant I didn't get best JC. I've been harbouring this deep resentment within me ever since, I haven't been able to go within ten feet of a kitchen or sewing machine. Maybe some day I will overcome this petty grudge against all things domestic, but I don't think it's likely.
    Step away from the fridge dear, if it falls it'll crush you flat. :(

(Cookie is anyone gets the reference :D)
    Was it really that bad? Lemme guess, straight A's and a B in home ec? :P
    Togepi wrote:
    That is sickening! As far as I know I did the best in my year in the Junior (7 As and 4 Bs). Pretty much certain I did because a few people told me ages afterwards that such a one got the highest in our year with 6 As... :L I kept it fairly quiet that I did well anyway! Surprised it was the highest though, it's usually at least 8 or 9 As to get the highest.
    And now you're repeating?! :P Well done :O My results were awful, 9 B's and 2 C's, the C's being science and music. Science was down to literally never ever being taught anything, we didnt do experiments and just used his solutions, and we'd watch videos of classes being taught / Indian dubs. :eek: Makes me sad, I always wanted to do physics. :(
    Wish I had a title like that. :P

My C in music was awful too, I was always one of the best in the class but my tinwhistle betrayed me and I didnt have a clue about some of the stuff that came up. :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

What was you's cspe project?

I remember mine was going to the Dáil it was so boring everyone else had interesting projects.

We had a friggin mock election in the school! Voting for the best film :) Can't remember who won though. But it was actually like a real election. Cubicles and everything.

Joey. wrote: »
    Don't you mean a pencil? :pac: Those were the days :(

well I was obviously a studious 4th year :P haha oh weren't they :rolleyes: wouldnt do it again if you paid me though :D
    Oh and our social area was empty today and like 6 people in economics :P

Was it really that bad? Lemme guess, straight A's and a B in home ec? :P

Yes. 9 A's and then...home ec. A couple of others got 9 A's as well, around 3 others I think, and then one person got 10 A's.

Sad that I don't get the reference :(

I wish I could get 8 A1's in the leaving, the one who got 10 A's is only doing 7 subjects so I've got the advantage there...pretty sure she's going to get 7 A1's though. :(

well I was obviously a studious 4th year :P haha oh weren't they :rolleyes: wouldnt do it again if you paid me though :D
    Oh and our social area was empty today and like 6 people in economics :P

Nothing's changed then :p Haha well in fairness that is more than half the class! :p

A series of Unfortunate events .. aunt josephine :) 2nd book if i'm not mistaken :P
    wait is it the 3rd ? :( hmm.... I shall re read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I remember we did hygiene in SPHE in 2nd year and we had to say how many times a week we showered. Most people said the socially acceptable 7 times, however one guy said "2 or 3 times a week" and then everyone called him smelly......those were the days:D

And now you're repeating?! :P Well done :O My results were awful, 9 B's and 2 C's, the C's being science and music. Science was down to literally never ever being taught anything, we didnt do experiments and just used his solutions, and we'd watch videos of classes being taught / Indian dubs. :eek: Makes me sad, I always wanted to do physics. :(
    Wish I had a title like that. :P

My C in music was awful too, I was always one of the best in the class but my tinwhistle betrayed me and I didnt have a clue about some of the stuff that came up. :L

Lol, hardly anyone knows I did well in the Junior though 'cause when people asked how i did I was just like 'oh um I got As and Bs', nothing too specific. :P

Haha, yes now I'm repeating, possibly because I was an eejit/stubborn little yoke and had to keep on 3 of the 4 subjects I got Bs in (and since then I've taken up the 4th one). :pac: I only went for them 'cause I liked them more than the others! Quite proud that I got an A in the 3 compulsory subjects though. :D Good thing they were compulsory too or I probably would've dropped them after doing well in them. :rolleyes: Also proud of my A in Geography, just 'cause I hated the teacher and it felt like a moral victory after I expected to get a C at most. :D AND 'cause he was the only teacher to ever move me for misbehaving. God I was am such a nerd! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Ah its not a competition anyway. Perform as well as you can and you'll get what you deserve

Yes. 9 A's and then...home ec. A couple of others got 9 A's as well, around 3 others I think, and then one person got 10 A's.

Sad that I don't get the reference :(

I wish I could get 8 A1's in the leaving, the one who got 10 A's is only doing 7 subjects so I've got the advantage there...pretty sure she's going to get 7 A1's though. :(
    Oh man, well at least it wasnt CSPE right? :P So many smart people in one school o_o A lot of us in my year got 500+ but the highest was 575 and two 570s, I'd die if anyone in my year was getting 600+ :L
    Sure you'll get them in English, German, Maths, Applied maths, and then Irish/Physics/Chemistry are all similar enough in that theyre not rote-learning, you'll be grand. ;) Wish I could get my head around subjects like those :o
    A series of Unfortunate events .. aunt josephine :) 2nd book if i'm not mistaken :P
    wait is it the 3rd ? :( hmm.... I shall re read
    Indeed! :D Yes, the third, The Wide Window. :P
    Togepi wrote:
    Lol, hardly anyone knows I did well in the Junior though 'cause when people asked how i did I was just like 'oh um I got As and Bs', nothing too specific.

Haha, yes now I'm repeating, possibly because I was an eejit/stubborn little yoke and had to keep on 3 of the 4 subjects I got Bs in (and since then I've taken up the 4th one). I only went for them 'cause I liked them more than the others! Quite proud that I got an A in the 3 compulsory subjects though. Good thing they were compulsory too or I probably would've dropped them after doing well in them. Also proud of my A in Geography, just 'cause I hated the teacher and it felt like a moral victory after I expected to get a C at most.
    Haha "all honours!" :') Dammit! :L I got 84 in my geo mock and a B in the real thing :L All my A's fell to B's, and my high B's never went to A's </3
    I kept on subjects I liked without researching how awful they were...cough, history, cough.

I've told you this before but I want a big library like Klaus in the movie :D ha I loved those books :)
    (what bout those cookies mister ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Speaking of A Series of Unfortunate Events, I was just thinking the other day that I never read the last one. I used to love them until that VFD thing ruined it </3

I've told you this before but I want a big library like Klaus in the movie :D ha I loved those books :)
    (what bout those cookies mister ;) )
    Cookies? What cookies? :P
    (Come to mine ;D)
    Namlub wrote: »
    Speaking of A Series of Unfortunate Events, I was just thinking the other day that I never read the last one. I used to love them until that VFD thing ruined it </3
    Omg I remember sitting up for HOURS waiting on my dad to come home from work with #13, I could not handle the excitement. I'm surprised I didnt explode. Best book ever <3

Namlub wrote: »

What ?! I'll loan you it :O how could you not find out how it ends :O
    ha I loved the VFD thing :) I always thought it was so cool, it was so mysterious :) I will defo have to re-read them :)

oh and @Patch I'm on my way ;) :P although really you should be coming to me with the prize :P ;)

Haha "all honours!" :') Dammit! :L I got 84 in my geo mock and a B in the real thing :L All my A's fell to B's, and my high B's never went to A's </3
    I kept on subjects I liked without researching how awful they were...cough, history, cough.

Exactly! :D Ah, my mocks were perfect for me. I somehow got 68% in 5 subjects, ie 2% off the Bs that would have filled my little head with complacency. :P

Ah History. :( </3 A in the Junior Cert mock (only one!). B in the Junior. D1 in the Leaving Cert mock (I think). D2 in the real thing. :( It all went downhill from that 100% in the first year Christmas test. :L

Oh man, well at least it wasnt CSPE right? :P So many smart people in one school o_o A lot of us in my year got 500+ but the highest was 575 and two 570s, I'd die if anyone in my year was getting 600+ :L
    Sure you'll get them in English, German, Maths, Applied maths, and then Irish/Physics/Chemistry are all similar enough in that theyre not rote-learning, you'll be grand. ;) Wish I could get my head around subjects like those :o

And biology hopefully! :L
    I can see a lot of people in my year getting over 550, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to say 10 potentially could.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I remember we did hygiene in SPHE in 2nd year and we had to say how many times a week we showered. Most people said the socially acceptable 7 times, however one guy said "2 or 3 times a week" and then everyone called him smelly......those were the days:D

We once learned how to put condoms on bananas in SPHE... That teacher didn't last long in the school

Togepi wrote: »
    Exactly! :D Ah, my mocks were perfect for me. I somehow got 68% in 5 subjects, ie 2% off the Bs that would have filled my little head with complacency. :P

Ah History. :( </3 A in the Junior Cert mock (only one!). B in the Junior. D1 in the Leaving Cert mock (I think). D2 in the real thing. :( It all went downhill from that 100% in the first year Christmas test. :L
    Haha I had an amazing JC history teacher, didnt get her for LC :( 83 in JC mock, B in the real thing, aiming for a C3 in the LC, blegh :L
    And biology hopefully! :L
    I can see a lot of people in my year getting over 550, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to say 10 potentially could.
    Ah yes, thats the one! :P I'd never have been able for biology, I am so squeamish; we had a sex talk earlier in the year and I had to leave :o

My year's really small (~75 of us) but theres this huge gulf of 500+ people then bam, its all 300 and below, its mad :pac: I think 10+ got over 500 in the mocks but I'd wonder how many of those were genuine. We'll see in August I guess ;)

I loved A Series of Unfortunate Events!

Always hated it though when it explained words I did know and not the ones I didn't. :L

We once learned how to put condoms on bananas in SPHE... That teacher didn't last long in the school

I always wanted to do that and never got the chance. :( And then my sister got to do it this year in TY, well &%$'-*$.

• Advertisement

I'll never forget the water cycle because of it being in The Grim Grotto. Its actually handy for LC geography. :L

Anyways, night guys! Happy procrastinating! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement