Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

The way I imagine it to be is a bit like 'too many people passed, whoops, lets just give them less credit on P2' - it seems quite subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have a load of business notes on my laptop that I forgot I had if anyone wants me to email it to them :). I found them really helpful.
    Just pm me .

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Wesc. wrote: »
    Ok the mock got boring :L But I was thinking of something interesting. So in maths the bell curve for the distribution of grades will have to remain the same, right? But if more weaker students take up maths for the extra points, then surely it will be easier to get an A, B or just a higher grade in maths?

Wouldn't be so confident. The bell curve has to be maintained no matter what, so unless you're a strong student in Maths you'll end up in the middle of the bell curve.
    Sure 25 extra points will aid you, but every HL student is receiving it. In reality the 25 points are pointless. For high point courses you can expect large number of students taking HL Maths especially as this scheme continues down the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Siobhnk wrote: »
    25 hours of solid revision done.

I say I've gotten less than 25 hours of solid revision done in total since the start of 5th year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air... no shame :L I'll study tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I have a funny feeling a good few of the exams this year are going to be slighly weird. I was just thinking about my LCVP exam that I did almost 3 weeks ago and the weirdest things ever came up that no one had seen before. Stuff about Diversity in the workplace and legislation in place protecting Children (Under 18's) in the workplace. Stuff my Teacher wasn't even sure was on the syllabus :( I swear, if we get ****ty papers this year i'll actually just give up on life.

I have a funny feeling a good few of the exams this year are going to be slighly weird. I was just thinking about my LCVP exam that I did almost 3 weeks ago and the weirdest things ever came up that no one had seen before. Stuff about Diversity in the workplace and legislation in place protecting Children (Under 18's) in the workplace. Stuff my Teacher wasn't even sure was on the syllabus :( I swear, if we get ****ty papers this year i'll actually just give up on life.

Wouldn't be surprised actually. They really seem keen on tackling the predictability of exams. I also have a feeling this year will entail a set of tough exams. Hopefully not as I don't see why this year has to be some year of major reform as opposed to previous years.

Could just be the paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

In fairness the SEC warn students every year that the exams will be less predictable but they've never really changed much, so I'm not going to get worried about it! If the exam is hard for you then it's going to be hard for every one else too!

Wesc. wrote: »
    In fairness the SEC warn students every year that the exams will be less predictable but they've never really changed much, so I'm not going to get worried about it! If the exam is hard for you then it's going to be hard for every one else too!

That's absolutely rational thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Have to watch this...

"She's a woman" LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Hoping they won't be unpredictable in Irish. Dreading having to write some ****e about the filming techniques in Cáca Milis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Hoping they won't be unpredictable in Irish. Dreading having to write some ****e about the filming techniques in Cáca Milis

If a filming techniques question comes up for An Triail I'm fecked. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Togepi wrote: »

I don't know if my book even has a film :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Wkds

Whatever comes up I am just planning on writing the summary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Surely they can't ask about that?! :eek:

Jaysus so many replies! :P
    Surely they can't ask about that?! :eek:

They definitely could on the old course, but there was always a choice so you could avoid it. I'm almost certain I saw the question on a sample paper though, I'll double check...

Edit: Here we go - "Cuireann na teicníochtaí drámata a mbaineann Máiréad Ní Ghráda úsáid astu le príomhchoimhlint an dráma An Triail.
    É sin a phlé i gcás do rogha teicníochtaí sa dráma An Triail." [Samplach 6 (Edco)]

Jaysus so many replies! :P

They definitely could on the old course, but there was always a choice so you could avoid it. I'm almost certain I saw the question on a sample paper though, I'll double check...

Edit: Here we go - "Cuireann na teicníochtaí drámata a mbaineann Máiréad Ní Ghráda úsáid astu le príomhchoimhlint an dráma An Triail.
    É sin a phlé i gcás do rogha teicníochtaí sa dráma An Triail." [Samplach 6 (Edco)]

Ohhh, that's not as bad as I thought. That's just rambling about the flashbacks. I was expecting more of an 'if you were turning this into a movie...' type question for some reason :p

Ohhh, that's not as bad as I thought. That's just rambling about the flashbacks. I was expecting more of an 'if you were turning this into a movie...' type question for some reason :p

I never even thought of the flashbacks. :eek: :o

Men and Black on film 4 gotta love that movie :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

What's the Irish for flashbacks?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

My teacher reckons that if Caca Milis comes up it'll be a question on the filming techniques :/

I never even thought of the flashbacks. :eek: :o
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    What's the Irish for flashbacks?!

Always go for the flashbacks. You can make the entire thing about the flashbacks if dramatic techniques comes up :cool:

It's called "teicnic an iardhearcadh" - the flashback technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

leaveiton wrote: »
    My teacher reckons that if Caca Milis comes up it'll be a question on the filming techniques :/

Ew :( Really hope that doesn't come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

finality wrote: »
    Ew :( Really hope that doesn't come up.

Me too :( The reason she thinks it is because she was at some inservice and they were putting a lot of emphasis on the techniques.

I HATE Caca Milis, ever since we were brought to the IFI last year on my damn Birthday to watch it in a cinema!! Happy freaking Birthday to me :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Oh my ****ing god I cant stand my sister anymore. She's just after going mental at me because shes saying I drank her drink when I didnt, and over-reacting like **** if I even had. All she ever does is get in huge moods at me anymore, and I thought it was my imagination until my friend said we were opposites 'because you're so nice and shes so mean'.

Like omg.
    She is just.
    I cant even.

Whens everyones last day of school?
    I'm not finished until Friday...

Two days ago :L

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Oh my ****ing god I cant stand my sister anymore. She's just after going mental at me because shes saying I drank her drink when I didnt, and over-reacting like **** if I even had. All she ever does is get in huge moods at me anymore, and I thought it was my imagination until my friend said we were opposites 'because you're so nice and shes so mean'.

Like omg.
    She is just.
    I cant even.

That reminds me of two twins in my year, they've been at each other so much because of the leaving cert one of them had to move out and live with their dad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

wish the lv cert was this week tbh... just get it out of the way and move on.... got 50 points over my top choice in the mocks... im just slowly getting dumber as the days pass.... and im actually starting to worry il screw up now after getting so cocky post mocks....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Wednesday. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement