Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm INTX. Apparently I'm smack bang between P and J...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

finality wrote: »
    It was definitely on one site somewhere. :L I love acting more than anything. I was in this play called FML last year and it was so amazing. :o I'm definitely going to try to do as much acting as possible in college, I can't wait, there's no feeling like being on the stage.

It was only when i was younger when I wanted to to act I went to this acting class for a couple of weeks but it was crap so I left. I wasn't sure I'd be good on stage either. I've even thought about dancing at some point lol.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm INTX. Apparently I'm smack bang between P and J...

I remember I was getting F instead of T and one point in occaisonal test.
    This other site is really good at typing
    http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/newmb.pl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

It was only when i was younger when I wanted to to act I went to this acting class for a couple of weeks but it was crap so I left. I wasn't sure I'd be good on stage either. I've even thought about dancing at some point lol.

I did an acting class when I was a kid too, it was one of those absolutely awful places with obnoxious, precocious children where it's all about prancing around with permanent, fake smiles in shiny costumes made of tin foil or whatever. It was the worst thing ever. :pac:

I've always wanted to act though, I've been told I'm quite good at it, although to be fair people are hardly going to tell me if I'm ****. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Taking a day off school to study today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Good thing I'm not worried about this at all :pac: don't start till the 8th June anyway, its sound. Loads of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I did an acting class when I was a kid too, it was one of those absolutely awful places with obnoxious, precocious children where it's all about prancing around with permanent, fake smiles in shiny costumes made of tin foil or whatever. It was the worst thing ever. :pac:

I've always wanted to act though, I've been told I'm quite good at it, although to be fair people are hardly going to tell me if I'm ****. :L

I'd tell you honestly if you were ****, as words with thoughts always to the heart go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

So, I've stayed at home to study every day since the start of this week and have got about 8-9 hours done everyday, starting at 11/12ish, working until 3, then working from 6ish-10 :) But today I just couldn't really be bothered! I feel like I'm making progress but I couldn't really be arsed :P Every minute counts at this stage though, so I can't really be wasting time. Ah well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

We just got dismissed, its crazy!

I've to go back in for geography though, and every time I saw my teacher he was like DONT FORGET WE HAVE CLASS :):):)

My english teacher laughed at me :pac: No one will be in but sure he'll have caught me if I stay out :L

20 days of studying then the LC happens at long last. Gulp. :(

I have a lot to do today, I did very little yesterday. I need to get back to economics , geography and maths and business I keep doing english work.
    I'll leave english for today I might look over plans for essays for Hamlet or learn a GV&V essay. I might need to plan a short story I'll see what my teacher says in english or I've decided I can expand on the story I have written already.
    Starting from 11 :). I really need to get back to my normal early waking hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Noooo I don't want to be finished school :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Had a chemistry mock earlier and it was a disaster. I'm so pissed off, I wanted to do well :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I have found I am kinda been neglecting Irish :/ Hoping for a B1 and just wondering how are ye guys studying for Irish?? The poetry questions are fine but not too sure how to write on the "suiomh an dain" :confused:

reznov wrote: »
    I'd tell you honestly if you were ****, as words with thoughts always to the heart go!

I would appreciate it. Then I would die a little inside and spend the rest of my life working a 9 to 5 office job, just waiting for death. :P

In other news, I was told today that I'll be getting the maths award in school this year. It would've been so embarrassing if I didn't, everyone was asking me if I'd been told I was getting it "yet". :L I was so paranoid that I wouldn't get it and everyone would feel sorry for me.

edit: and now the pressure to get an A1 is awful :L

I would appreciate it. Then I would die a little inside and spend the rest of my life working a 9 to 5 office job, just waiting for death. :P

In other news, I was told today that I'll be getting the maths award in school this year. It would've been so embarrassing if I didn't, everyone was asking me if I'd been told I was getting it "yet". :L I was so paranoid that I wouldn't get it and everyone would feel sorry for me.

edit: and now the pressure to get an A1 is awful :L

It's okay. At least it is better than making a show of yourself on stage? I mean, I'd be there jeering in any case.

reznov wrote: »
    It's okay. At least it is better than making a show of yourself on stage? I mean, I'd be there jeering in any case.

Of course it would be better. At least I can trust you to keep me on my toes.

Maths paper 2 is really frustrating..
    Just wondering what happens if you fail paper 2 or just barely passed and do really well in paper 1 and 60- 70%
    Will you be able to get a pass grade result or at least a c3???
    Project maths is confusing I really don't want to fail just because of that paper. Paper 1 I understand quite well it's just project maths I haven't a clue what to do and my teacher isn't the best at explaining either.

Just wondering what happens if you fail paper 2 or just barely passed and do really well in paper 1 and 60- 70%
    Project maths is confusing I really don't want to fail just because of that paper. Paper 1 I understand quite well it's just project maths I haven't a clue what to do and my teacher isn't the best at explaining either.

Paper two is quite frustrating. Not even sure how it would work. But the marking scheme is quite relaxed and they literally give you marks for anything as long as you attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Project Maths is like the first time you get the shift, you just go for it and hope to god your approach is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

In that case I'm getting an A1:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I hate the end of year awards :p mainly because I always come second :pac:

• Advertisement

Just don't leave anything blank, if you haven't a clue what to do just write down formulas and try to work with some of the information given, attempt marks are very easy to get.

If you get 30% in paper two and 70% in paper one, you'll get 50% overall, i.e. you can fail paper 2 and still pass the exam overall.

Dapics wrote: »
    Project Maths is like the first time you get the shift, you just go for it and hope to god your approach is correct

Hahaha sooo awkward.

The awkward moment when your name is called out to pick up an award for being the best student in the year only for your year head to say she read out the wrong name.....

Me in college

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I hate the end of year awards :p mainly because I always come second :pac:

I would love if we actually got some awards.
    I think there's a student of the year award, that's kind of it.

Well that looks rather appetizing

Eathrin wrote: »
    I would love if we actually got some awards.
    I think there's a student of the year award, that's kind of it.

Yeah it's student of the year :p I've been consistent second since second year :pac:

Yeah it's student of the year :p I've been consistent second since second year :pac:

We only have student awards in sixth year.

We only have student awards in sixth year.

Probably for the best. How they decide on yours? Pretty sure ours is done on averages of all subjects.

• Advertisement

Probably for the best. How they decide on yours? Pretty sure ours is done on averages of all subjects.

The teachers pick. The teachers of each subject meet up and make a case for a student they think should get the award. :P Ours aren't only about grades, but also about who's most interested in the subject, positive about it, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement