Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I shall never again attend a full day of school as of tomorrow. Days off Friday, half-days during the week. I seem to work a lot better early in the day than the evening anyway. Library tomorrow for a good 5 hours. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What do you write about for the conclusion?
    I know you write about what you would do differently if you were to carry the investigation again.
    I can't remember what else you're supposed to write or do you just sum up the results basically saying what you discovered? Is it only 50 is it 100 words?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Flabangav wrote: »
    Then she asked me if I had ever been to Spain and i started speaking in Spanish :cool:
    I did that in the French Oral for Junior (do they even do Orals for Junior any more?)

I was *not* good at French, and surprised myself halfway through that I actually seemed to have managed a few decent sentences without stuttering or stammering, and actually started to relax!

It was only when I noticed the look of absolute bewilderment on the examiner's face that I realised that I had been merrily addressing her in Spanish for the previous ~3 minutes.

Still can see her face to this day!

Just to put the tin hat on it, I proceeded to tell her "Go raibh maith agat agus slán!" going out the door. I could hear her start to fall around laughing as I closed the door!
    Namlub wrote: »
    Some absolute wankbag has robbed my Key Notes which I NEED, French oral is on Thursday and I'm losing my voice, people are acting like I have no right to get nervous about the Oral because I'm good at French. Also my principal sent out a text crapping on about how people who don't come to class win't be allowed to sit the leaving cert, then spent all day whining about attendance to the people who are actually attending. I am done with this.
    D-e-e-e-p breaths! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I did that in the French Oral for Junior (do they even do Orals for Junior any more?)

I was *not* good at French, and surprised myself halfway through that I actually seemed to have managed a few decent sentences without stuttering or stammering, and actually started to relax!

It was only when I noticed the look of absolute bewilderment on the examiner's face that I realised that I had been merrily addressing her in Spanish for the previous ~3 minutes.

Still can see her face to this day!

Just to put the tin hat on it, I proceeded to tell her "Go raibh maith agat agus slán!" going out the door. I could hear her start to fall around laughing as I closed the door!

D-e-e-e-p breaths! :)

That sounds like the most epic oral! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

What do you write about for the conclusion?
    I know you write about what you would do differently if you were to carry the investigation again.
    I can't remember what else you're supposed to write or do you just sum up the results basically saying what you discovered? Is it only 50 is it 100 words?
    I think you put an evaluation, results and an opinion in the conclusion too? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Siobhnk wrote: »
    That sounds like the most epic oral! :P

Not the adjective I would have used tbh. :(

And CERTAINLY not the adjective my French teacher used when she heard! >.<

I think you put an evaluation, results and an opinion in the conclusion too? :confused:

I think thats what I did just a brief summary of what was found out and a opinion about if I was to do it again and if I enjoyed it.
    It was quite a boring project so it took me time to think about what I would do differently if I did it again. I may need to add more I weren't too sure what to write . My teacher will check it tomorrow hopefully. I think I have it done fairly well just the graphs really.

This website is great use for the fieldwork projects http://www.midletonvec.ie/stcolmans/geog/Fieldwork%20Booklet.pdf

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I've lost my Leaving Cert Nightmares virginity to French/Geography. Never thought this'd happen to me. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Got Sraith Pictiúir #1. I was actually blown away at my luck, everyone else was so pissed off with me. :P

I can't wait for the geography project to be finished. I've been doing the project all day and stayed behind after school until 5pm 7hours just working on geography . I have all the written done all thats left is the sketch maps or charts and theres so many I need to do. I'm so tired now. I've not done proper study all week with the french and now geography I'll try and get it finished by tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

LCVP is actually ridiculous. The portfolio has to be sooo exact you can't make any mistakes or your Distinction is basically gone. I have corrected my Work Experience Diary at least 5/6 times in the last week, I was convinced today it was finished forever. Decided to print it and have a look through one final time and i'm after finding 24 mistakes within the 5 pages. Tiny little details like incorrect spacing, or underlining past bullet points, it would drive you beserk. Haven't studied English/Economics/Business/Music/French/Geography in ages and am really starting to freak out about going down in points! Geography has to be in Friday along with this Portfolio and then the LCVP exam is next Wednesday. I can basically only start up proper study again on the 3rd of May. :( terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Absolutely fúck my fúcking life. Slept in today so decided not to go to school when I woke up at midday. Now apparently they decided I was having my oral today even though it was clearly printed that I was having it Thursday. So I missed it. Fúcking great.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Absolutely fúck my fúcking life. Slept in today so decided not to go to school when I woke up at midday. Now apparently they decided I was having my oral today even though it was clearly printed that I was having it Thursday. So I missed it. Fúcking great.

Would you not be able to rearrange it? If the examiner will still be there tomorrow. A few people in my school were late and missed theres and they were just given a different time and the examiner didn't mind.

Don't panic, loads of people missed the Orals due to illness or whatever. It shouldn't be a problem for your School to just change your name on the list to near the end, have you been in contact with your school?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

No but unless they moved ALL of the Thursday orals to today they should still be in tomorrow. Even if I get to do it some other day it's not the impression I wanted to make.

No but unless they moved ALL of the Thursday orals to today they should still be in tomorrow. Even if I get to do it some other day it's not the impression I wanted to make.
    Would your School still be open? If so, ring them immediately and explain what happened. There's no point in making yourself sick worrying about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Cian, as far as I know that shouldn't make a difference. Loads of girls in my school missed theirs because of various reasons on the day they were supposed to do it and it was a last minute thing too. They just reschedule it and make nothing of it :)

In other news, had my German oral today :/ Went ok, but I kinda wanted great :( thing is I worked hard for it :( got bloody frisch gestrichen for the role play :mad: but I knew it and dont think I made much mistakes and only messed up one question in the picture sequence :O

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

French oral was a flipping disaster!!! Forgot so many verbs and tenses and simple words :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

In other news, had my German oral today :/ Went ok, but I kinda wanted great :( thing is I worked hard for it :( got bloody frisch gestrichen for the role play :mad: but I knew it and dont think I made much mistakes and only messed up one question in the picture sequence :O

Funny, frish gestrichen is the one I really wanted to get! :P Once you completed all the tasks in the roleplay then that's 20/30 already, and I'm sure your German was good enough to get most of the other 10 marks! :) Don't worry about the picture sequence either, I thought mine had gone terribly but I actually saw her writing down "27" after I did it :) I'm sure it went a lot better than you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Irish oral today went really well, examiner was brilliant in comparison to the French. Kind of makes me annoyed, I wish I'd got a different French examiner, amazing what a difference it makes. Mine was all weirdly long pauses :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Not the adjective I would have used tbh. :(

And CERTAINLY not the adjective my French teacher used when she heard! >.<

Haha I suppose :P
    My friend had her oral, and he asked her what she had for dinner or something. She thought she said sausages, she said Sasana. He asked her was she sure, and she said yeah, Sasana! I wonder what England tastes like :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Looking at all these maths threads and I'm just sitting here wondering how the fook I'm still in HL :eek:
    That wonder building question, even with the solution in front of me, is gibberish. I hate Q8. :rolleyes:
    My integration test on Friday will tell me what I need to do...*gulp* :pac:

leaveiton wrote: »
    Funny, frish gestrichen is the one I really wanted to get! :P Once you completed all the tasks in the roleplay then that's 20/30 already, and I'm sure your German was good enough to get most of the other 10 marks! :) Don't worry about the picture sequence either, I thought mine had gone terribly but I actually saw her writing down "27" after I did it :) I'm sure it went a lot better than you think!
    Why would you want frisch gestrichen??? :O
    I'm pretty confident i got 29/30 in my role play because it was pretty good :D except my examiner was being awkward and wouldnt leave point no.2 and just kept saying "the signs right there, its your own fault , not my problem" :O she wouldnt move on the bloody roleplay :O :(
    Really ? I'm pretty sure my pic sequence q's went mostly bad :( most were fine but I stalled on my general q :( and gave a really stupid answer at one point :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Chemistry does my head in...:(

Why would you want frisch gestrichen??? :O
    I'm pretty confident i got 29/30 in my role play because it was pretty good :D except my examiner was being awkward and wouldnt leave point no.2 and just kept saying "the signs right there, its your own fault , not my problem" :O she wouldnt move on the bloody roleplay :O :(
    Really ? I'm pretty sure my pic sequence q's went mostly bad :( most were fine but I stalled on my general q :( and gave a really stupid answer at one point :L

It's my favourite one! I get so angry and into it :P That and the fish in the restaurant are my favourites :P Got the stupid Arbeit im Hotel instead :( The one I hate most!
    Yeah the roleplays are so handy :D In mine though I kept ignoring what she was saying because I wasn't even really listening to her, and I just powered on with what I had prepared :o Probably lost some marks for that, but I mentioned all the tasks so what real harm :p
    I'm sure it was a lot better than you thought! I thought I'd fumbled loads on my description and on the clarification questions, and then the opinion on the issue was horrible. I was shocked to see her writing 27 :P Which picture did you get?

It's my favourite one! I get so angry and into it :P That and the fish in the restaurant are my favourites :P Got the stupid Arbeit im Hotel instead :( The one I hate most!
    Yeah the roleplays are so handy :D In mine though I kept ignoring what she was saying because I wasn't even really listening to her, and I just powered on with what I had prepared :o Probably lost some marks for that, but I mentioned all the tasks so what real harm :p
    I'm sure it was a lot better than you thought! I thought I'd fumbled loads on my description and on the clarification questions, and then the opinion on the issue was horrible. I was shocked to see her writing 27 :P Which picture did you get?

Really ? grr I wish I got Arbeit im Hotel :) I love pretending to be a waitress :) ugh sorry but Frisch gestrichen is ridiculous ... my business mind kicks in saying if there was a sign there and you didnt see it, its still your fault and you aint entitled to compensation :L
    haha exactly and mentioning the tasks get you most of the marks :)
    ha really? my description was fine, I knew them inside out :) ha i got Ruhestorung :( and then was asked about the generation conflict :( wbu ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Lads, is it fairly likely that a character question will come up for Hamlet? 'Cause I might just focus on learning all the main characters for my revision, and maybe one or two other back-up questions.

I remember last year anyway I thought to myself - why didn't I learn the characters? Sure we were *guaranteed* a question on them! But that might have been because Claudius came up, and I thought if I had just learned one character other than Hamlet (ie. Claudius,) I would've been sorted. :p

Is the general trend one character question and one other question or is that too good to be true? :cool:

Really ? grr I wish I got Arbeit im Hotel :) I love pretending to be a waitress :) ugh sorry but Frisch gestrichen is ridiculous ... my business mind kicks in saying if there was a sign there and you didnt see it, its still your fault and you aint entitled to compensation :L
    haha exactly and mentioning the tasks get you most of the marks :)
    ha really? my description was fine, I knew them inside out :) ha i got Ruhestorung :( and then was asked about the generation conflict :( wbu ?

We should have swapped :P Yeah frisch gestrichen is ridiculous, the examiner is all like "Eh, there was a sign..." and you're just going "Well I want my money back anyway! Get me a new jacket!" :L I still love it though, I find it really easy.
    Ohhh I hate Ruhestorung, I was convinced that I'd get that one because I've had it in both my mock orals and I despise it, but I got Vorsicht beim Rauchen instead :D My question was horrible though, when I picked it out I was thinking "Great, they'll ask me something easy about smoking", but instead she asked me something along the lines of "Why in your opinion are there fewer farms nowadays in Ireland?" :L Was a bit taken aback but just told her that people have no interest in farming, they want to live in the city or live abroad, and that living in the country is boring :p (No offence if you're a countrywoman!)

We should have swapped :P Yeah frisch gestrichen is ridiculous, the examiner is all like "Eh, there was a sign..." and you're just going "Well I want my money back anyway! Get me a new jacket!" :L I still love it though, I find it really easy.
    Ohhh I hate Ruhestorung, I was convinced that I'd get that one because I've had it in both my mock orals and I despise it, but I got Vorsicht beim Rauchen instead :D My question was horrible though, when I picked it out I was thinking "Great, they'll ask me something easy about smoking", but instead she asked me something along the lines of "Why in your opinion are there fewer farms nowadays in Ireland?" :L Was a bit taken aback but just told her that people have no interest in farming, they want to live in the city or live abroad, and that living in the country is boring :p (No offence if you're a countrywoman!)

We should have :L I'm sure in frisch gestrichen i'm some kinda scammer :L trying to get the poor shop assisant to give me 150 for a jacket like :L
    I wanted Vorsicht beim Rauchen :L :( lucky you :L would have killed someone to get it :O
    :( offence taking... I live in the country... on a farm... my parents are farmers :P Only messing, no offense taken at all :L :P

• Advertisement

We should have :L I'm sure in frisch gestrichen i'm some kinda scammer :L trying to get the poor shop assisant to give me 150 for a jacket like :L
    I wanted Vorsicht beim Rauchen :L :( lucky you :L would have killed someone to get it :O
    :( offence taking... I live in the country... on a farmer... my parents are farmers :P Only messing, no offense taken at all :L :P

I know, it's not even their shop! :L In the one about the fish I always get the feeling that there isn't actually anything wrong with the fish, the person is just trying to get a cheap steak :P
    SO many people in my year got Vorischt beim Rauchen :O Every second person seems to have gotten it. I think that's why my examiner asked such an awkward question, she was just sick of it :P After I got it, the two girls who went in after me got it as well!
    Ah, I apologise so. Do you often have pesky young'uns setting your farm on fire with their cigarette butts? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement