Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

As a side note - 18% of my Leaving Cert is done as of today. :D Such a relief to mark that much off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I actually love my best friend to bits. She had her oral today and came over this evening to help me with the sraith. And was on hand with chocolate when I broke down. What a hero!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Ahh nothing like randomly deciding to change your first choice CAO in the middle of the Oral Exams :rolleyes: :cool:

Lads I feel so sick with nerves. The bottle of rescue remedy will be drank today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Finished Irish and French. French went a million times better than Irish and French is my 7th subject and I need a C3 in Irish, stupid things but no more orals ever!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

So Irish Thursday, still need to look at the sraiths, do that today and then some comhra topics tomorrow. Be grand right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Eathrin wrote: »
    So Irish Thursday, still need to look at the sraiths, do that today and then some comhra topics tomorrow. Be grand right?
    be fine :) I still have my 5 role plays 5 pic sequences and general qs to learn for German tomorrow first thing :) thing is stupidly I'm hoping for an a in German :L

be fine :) I still have my 5 role plays 5 pic sequences and general qs to learn for German tomorrow first thing :) thing is stupidly I'm hoping for an a in German :L

Yeah same I'm looking for an A1 in Irish! How I expect to get it with so little preparation is astounding. Why am I so ambitious yet so so lazy:(

Yeah same I'm looking for an A1 in Irish! How I expect to get it with so little preparation is astounding. Why am I so ambitious yet so so lazy:(
    ha I know :( we are something else sure :o
    meant to be studying German right now but I'm still procrastinating :o
    Cian you are good at Irish though :) you will do well, really well :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Ughhhhhh found out about a mistake I made in my Irish oral today, feels so bad knowing :/ I seem to have pronounced 'in aineoinn' (sp? idek) wrong and not put an uru after it...I could swear in my written out sraiths that I didnt, and that she didnt tell me to put one in :/ Meh ill find out if/when my friend finds them.

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Ughhhhhh found out about a mistake I made in my Irish oral today, feels so bad knowing :/ I seem to have pronounced 'in aineoinn' (sp? idek) wrong and not put an uru after it...I could swear in my written out sraiths that I didnt, and that she didnt tell me to put one in :/ Meh ill find out if/when my friend finds them.
    meh one mistake won't matter hunni :) I made loads :( and my teacher said they don't mind little mistakes because they realise you are nervous :)

i probably made more though! :( ah well its all over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

French oral over with :). It went ok well better than last year. I knew most of what she asked I did get sentences mixed up at times. I think it's the pressure . I spoke slowly and I said "Um or eh " quite a lot while thinking.
    I came out feeling it went good so hopefully I did ok probably a C which is fine with me. Last year I thought it went terrible so I'm usually good at telling how well something went .

Woo I never have to speak French again :). Just the reading/written/listening.

Patchy~ wrote: »

if you had the sraiths all written out and recited them with only a couple making urus then you've nothing to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Goodbye orals and practicals forever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Ich mag die Unterdrückung von Individualität nicht.
    and
    In Deutschland tragen sie keine Uniform, und sie überleben. Ich verstehe nicht warum, dass nicht der Fall hier ist.
    and
    Es gefällt mir, Verantwortung zu nehmen.
    and
    Die Lehrerin sagt, dass die Prüfung nicht so gut wäre, wie sie hätte sein können.

The phrases I especially wanted to say in my oral. Got them all in. :D
    Not sure how it went overall though, hope I got an A.

9 weeks and this will all be over :).

I got my Hamlet essay back of role of women got an A1 wasn't expecting that. I did use certain parts out from a sample institute that I have though. I changed most of it around. I have loads more essays to go, then to learn them off with the quotes.
    I got a B1 in my theme/issue essay not too bad. I need to redo my Sylvia Plath essay I did okay but I want a better grade :).

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

finality wrote: »
    Ich mag die Unterdrückung von Individualität nicht.
    and
    In Deutschland tragen sie keine Uniform, und sie überleben. Ich verstehe nicht warum, dass nicht der Fall hier ist.
    and
    Es gefällt mir, Verantwortung zu nehmen.
    and
    Die Lehrerin sagt, dass die Prüfung nicht so gut wäre, wie sie hätte sein können.

The phrases I especially wanted to say in my oral. Got them all in. :D
    Not sure how it went overall though, hope I got an A.
    I though German would be really hard, was very pleased with the oral :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Anybody know what the average mark someone would get in the sraith pictiurs..?? Feel this was the worst thing I did in my oral last week and am kinda worried it brought me down.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Irish went sooo badly... She stopped the tape and asked if I was alright :o and then gave me a drink of water...
    Then she asked me if I had ever been to Spain and i started speaking in Spanish :cool:
    Absolute shambles of an exam, at least its finished now! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Music went horribly. First piece was fine, then I messed up my second piece a bit but it wasn't too bad. In the third piece, my backing track cut out halfway through :( Didn't know what to do, it came back eventually but I was so put off by it, then I didn't finish my piece at the right time. Fourth piece was alright. I got asked to input more bars in techonolgy than I'd practised, so I think I made a mess of that. And I was really really hoping for close to the 50% :(

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Ok, I spent the WHOLE weekend studying sraiths.. bar #20. Surely, I wouldn't get #20, right? There was a 95 % chance I wouldn't get that #20. So, with about 8 hours (maybe more) spent studying 19 sraiths, I was confident today going into my oral. Started off fine. Got geibheann, saw her write 35 down for that. So I go to pick my sraith phictiuir......

# ****ing 20.

I just looked at the examiner, and laughed in disbelief. She laughed aswell, funny enough. Maybe she realised it's not the nicest sraith pictiuir? :L However, have to say I didn't do too bad in it. Said at least 6 lines for evry pic and each was decent Irish, but it could have been better! But the comhra went well anyway, we talked about barely any normal things :P I said I listen to Drake, so she asks where exactly is he from. Then she asked me did I notice the American accent in his singing! Which was a bit weird but I answered nevertheless. I had good craic with her so hopefully i still did well :)

Thank f*ck there over. :P

Haha I think everyone hates #20, its ridiculous!
    if you had the sraiths all written out and recited them with only a couple making urus then you've nothing to worry about!
    Ahhh true, I mean I got nice phrases in I think, but I'm kicking myself :eek: But no use crying over spilt milk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Wesc. wrote: »
    Ok, I spent the WHOLE weekend studying sraiths.. bar #20. Surely, I wouldn't get #20, right? There was a 95 % chance I wouldn't get that #20. So, with about 8 hours (maybe more) spent studying 19 sraiths, I was confident today going into my oral. Started off fine. Got geibheann, saw her write 35 down for that. So I go to pick my sraith phictiuir......

# ****ing 20.

I just looked at the examiner, and laughed in disbelief. She laughed aswell, funny enough. Maybe she realised it's not the nicest sraith pictiuir? :L However, have to say I didn't do too bad in it. Said at least 6 lines for evry pic and each was decent Irish, but it could have been better! But the comhra went well anyway, we talked about barely any normal things :P I said I listen to Drake, so she asks where exactly is he from. Then she asked me did I notice the American accent in his singing! Which was a bit weird but I answered nevertheless. I had good craic with her so hopefully i still did well :)

Thank f*ck there over. :P
    I like number 20. But I agree if you didn't sudy for it, it could have been a disaster.

I went in today with all prepared apart from 12, said a Rosary this morning and ended up getting 10 (Laethana Saoire) :D flew it. Everyone in my school got An Spailin Fanach though. It's my favourite poem so I was happy with it!

I caught her writing 35 for the Poetry and am nearly sure she wrote 69 for the Sraith, not an A1 but i'll gladly take it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Some absolute wankbag has robbed my Key Notes which I NEED, French oral is on Thursday and I'm losing my voice, people are acting like I have no right to get nervous about the Oral because I'm good at French. Also my principal sent out a text crapping on about how people who don't come to class win't be allowed to sit the leaving cert, then spent all day whining about attendance to the people who are actually attending. I am done with this.

A teeny bit proud of myself, I didn't majorly feck up the oral :) got Geibheann (wooooo!) and the TG4 interview picture (wasn't overly impressed when I saw it, but I had practiced it that lunch with my friend so it went ok :) stumbled on the LAST line :( panicked a bit, so I dunno how many marks he took off me). Then for the rest of the 7 minutes we talked about nursing and macra so bhí sé ceart go leor :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

The chain has begun! Three hours of study - done. 15 minute workout - done. That was actually so much harder than the study, Nike Training cardio workouts will be the death of me. :cool: That's the first one I've ever done in full - wrecked! :( Now I just need to make sure I don't spend more than 30 minutes online and day one is complete! :D Just 50 or so more days of this and I'm free. :P

The rest of my weeks focus is now trying to get this geography fieldwork done . I might have it all finished by tomorrow. All I need to do is finish writing the results then copy my work into the booklet. After I'll go back to normal studying.

Desperate housewives is so sad :'(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Irish went well, I was properly stunned. Got Colscaradh for my poem, and imreoir gortaithe for my sraith, so it was grand. He asked me about school, college, work experience, politics and then at the end he just went 'Ba mhaith leat ceol?'

twas awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement