Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I AM SO CLOSE TO FLASHCARDING ALL MY GEOGRAPHY ANSWERS AT LAST.
    OH GOD SO CLOSE.
    BUT THEN I WENT BACK ON THE INTERNET.

I have loads more to learn/browse over but these are the ones that will almost definitely come up. Makes it so much easier to learn :D

almost definitely you say? if any of them are to do with human environment do enlighten me :p or, if you're feeling generous spill all your knowledge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Did two hours of Music today and don't even care tbh. Dunno what's wrong with me! A1s all round!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

AnnaKin wrote: »
    almost definitely you say? if any of them are to do with human environment do enlighten me :p or, if you're feeling generous spill all your knowledge :D
    Sadly I've been afflicted with the economic environment :( But hey, I know overpopulation always comes up. :P

For physical it'll be sedimentary rocks for sure :) Then probably some of the standard rock cycle / marine processes / plate tectonics / volcanoes / deformation ;)

Regional will be SW USA urban area, culture in SW USA maybe, contrast primary or secondary of 2 EU regions, maybe impacts of EU expansion but maybe not, and sec/tertiary in SW USA is also due up. Better go look for a possible Ireland q, whoops! :pac:

Aaaaaaand sadly I dont do geoecology so I cant make predictions there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

As the Leaving gets closer and closer I care less and less :P Still need to do my CAO

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Very True.

I did very little study today, feel really bad. Tried to concentrate but just kept playing "Pen-Throw" (a game I made up while studying involving the throwing of a pen in the air and catching it). I also made up a new game called "Syncronised Pen-Throw" which involves a blue, a red and a green pen being thrown in the air. Then I award the throw out of 10 depending on how high the pens were thrown, If I caught them and the general cohesion of the pens. My record is 8.

LOL sounds like a fun game, must play it sometime :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Got a good 8 hours of physics done today, so I'm happy enough :D Pretty good going seeing as I've got a cúnt of a flu going on imo! Holed up in bed now with the laptop and a cuppa tae, time to relax before another long day at the books tmara. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Wisdom teeth pushing up... :( It's a pain.

And if anyone else says 'if you get any wiser we'll have to blah blah blah' I'll destroy you.

but on a lighter note, EUPHOOORIAAAA what a Eurovision song.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Oh god, freaking out over geography of all things. The sooner this stupid LC is over the better, I am dying with the stress. I did a lot of geography today and realized I dont know where some of my answers are anymore, and I also need to do some business/maths/a lot of history but I probably wont bother much with history.
    Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh I hate the leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I only did a small bit of maths I was trying to learn off business answers but I wasn't focused enough so I ended up leaving it.

I loved Sweden's entry on eurovision glad they won! Ireland didn't do too bad we still got a few votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Anyone want to stay up with me and watch smashing pumpkins live at 12:10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I got some arbitrary stuff done for English (finally figured out what my articles were missing!) and then I was so tired I went to sleep for 2 hours. I feel like hiding under a rock for the rest of this leaving cert.

Also, I've found loads of shoes I want which never ever happens. This implies that the minute I have time to go buy them, after the leaving, they will all be gone.

Anyone want to stay up with me and watch smashing pumpkins live at 12:10?

Where might I see this? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I've had a cold for over a month now so I'm fairly sick of it by now! Finally went to the doctor yesterday and he said I'm probably asthmatic so he gave me a prescription for an inhaler. I was happy enough with that because I was thinking for a while that I had asthma. :o Only thing is, it just adds to my list of super cool necessities - retainers, insoles for runners, and now an inhaler, as well as having had braces for around five years. :cool: All I need now is to be told that I need to wear a really thick pair of glasses and I'm a perfect stereotype. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

This is a really, really stupid time to start rewatching Cardcaptor Sakura from scratch. And yet here I go. :o

Where might I see this? :o

http://www.youtube.com/rockinrio?feature=inp-lt-rou

Full screen on my tv! Can't wait.

(if I got the time conversion right it's in ten minutes)

Togepi wrote: »
    I've had a cold for over a month now so I'm fairly sick of it by now! Finally went to the doctor yesterday and he said I'm probably asthmatic so he gave me a prescription for an inhaler. I was happy enough with that because I was thinking for a while that I had asthma. :o Only thing is, it just adds to my list of super cool necessities - retainers, insoles for runners, and now an inhaler, as well as having had braces for around five years. :cool: All I need now is to be told that I need to wear a really thick pair of glasses and I'm a perfect stereotype. :D

So jelly. :P Ahh I know, having a cold is a balls, it's weird 'cos I got a really nasty flu at this exact time last year that lasted into my summer exams, I don't think it'll be that bad this year though. Braces for 5 years? Jeez! I'd say that gets annoying after a while, but I actually am jealous, I have the two most prominent front teeth in the world and I'm dying to get my braces in. :( Every time I go to the orthodontist, he says I'm the highest priority on the waiting list, but I won't even have them fitted properly I go to college! (and I'm still waiting to get an appointment)... Such bullshít. :mad: Sorry for the rant :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/rockinrio?feature=inp-lt-rou

Full screen on my tv! Can't wait.

(if I got the time conversion right it's in ten minutes)

Nice! I remember staying up like the half the night last year to watch the live Lollapalooza coverage on youtube. :P They're already started btw!

Nice! I remember staying up like the half the night last year to watch the live Lollapalooza coverage on youtube. :P They're already started btw!

Haha, never know they did live streams before tbh. It's a great idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Says I need update for flash player, so I get the update and it still says I need the update......sickening:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Says I need update for flash player, so I get the update and it still says I need the update......sickening:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ACtually do you use firefox? I tried with firefox and it wouldn't load. Had to download chrome.

(I figure it's an evil scheme, since google own youtube)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

So jelly. :P Ahh I know, having a cold is a balls, it's weird 'cos I got a really nasty flu at this exact time last year that lasted into my summer exams, I don't think it'll be that bad this year though. Braces for 5 years? Jeez! I'd say that gets annoying after a while, but I actually am jealous, I have the two most prominent front teeth in the world and I'm dying to get my braces in. :( Every time I go to the orthodontist, he says I'm the highest priority on the waiting list, but I won't even have them fitted properly I go to college! (and I'm still waiting to get an appointment)... Such bullshít. :mad: Sorry for the rant :pac:

Aw that sucks, my teeth used to be REALLY terrible. My upper canines were about a centimetre higher up than the rest of my teeth and jutting forward at like a 45 degree angle (to the point where they'd regularly cut my lip) and all of my bottom front teeth were crooked. If I hadn't gotten braces privately in second year I probably wouldn't have gotten them until about fourth year and I'd still have them now. My teeth were actually so crowded that I needed to have 4 pulled.

If my teeth were still like that and I didn't have braces I think I'd go insane.

It's grand, I secretly love rants. :D My cold is really clearing up since I got the inhaler, it was so bad! Worst part was I went to the doctor the day after the grad, so I was far worse (I don't drink or anything, I just ended up hoarse after it). :pac: Normally my mam would come in with me (even though I'm technically an 'adult'), but she didn't this time, and it was really bad 'cause I was trying to tell the doctor what was wrong with me and my voice would just cut out into a whisper. :o Cringe!! :P Managed in the end though, but anyway!

The braces weren't too bad because I had them on my bottom teeth for five years and my top ones for about two, so they weren't noticeable. :D Kept me from eating apples though. :( I have them every day now they're AMAZING! :D I used to have a mild case of bunny rabbit teeth, it was no fun. I love my teeth now though. :) They were so bad before I got braces that I got them for free when I was like twelve. :o My top ones weren't that bad though, just the bottom ones were all over the place. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

ACtually do you use firefox? I tried with firefox and it wouldn't load. Had to download chrome.

(I figure it's an evil scheme, since google own youtube)

I dunno, think I'll leave it, I downloaded it from the link they gave and then it just says I need to download it again, it doesn't help that I live in the backarse of nowhere and are internet modem is about as good as a rock, internet connection is on and off:mad:....anyway enjoy the show:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

My dog is in so much pain, I can't actually stand seeing him like this, like he is crying and not eating and just depressed :'( he can't sleep properly either :( I know ye prob don't care but he is my baby :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

My dog is in so much pain, I can't actually stand seeing him like this, like he is crying and not eating and just depressed :'( he can't sleep properly either :( I know ye prob don't care but he is my baby :(

What's wrong with the poor petal? :(

Aw no. :( Do ye know what's wrong with him? :( Our one isn't too good these days - he's only five but he's gotten really stiff lately and keeps limping loads. :(

finality wrote: »
    Aw that sucks, my teeth used to be REALLY terrible. My upper canines were about a centimetre higher up than the rest of my teeth and jutting forward at like a 45 degree angle (to the point where they'd regularly cut my lip) and all of my bottom front teeth were crooked. If I hadn't gotten braces privately in second year I probably wouldn't have gotten them until about fourth year and I'd still have them now. My teeth were actually so crowded that I needed to have 4 pulled.

If my teeth were still like that and I didn't have braces I think I'd go insane.

Jeez, that sounds while sore, especially the bit about the canines! but yeah, I'm pretty sick of waiting at this stage, if I'd got them in 1st/2nd year I can safely say I'd probably have turned out very differently, even though it's mainly cosmetic (getting teased about them and shít like that has an effect)... My mate says the braces'll be quite sore for me because of how prominent my teeth are, but I don't even care at this stage. :P
    Togepi wrote: »
    It's grand, I secretly love rants. :D My cold is really clearing up since I got the inhaler, it was so bad! Worst part was I went to the doctor the day after the grad, so I was far worse (I don't drink or anything, I just ended up hoarse after it). :pac: Normally my mam would come in with me (even though I'm technically an 'adult'), but she didn't this time, and it was really bad 'cause I was trying to tell the doctor what was wrong with me and my voice would just cut out into a whisper. :o Cringe!! :P Managed in the end though, but anyway!

The braces weren't too bad because I had them on my bottom teeth for five years and my top ones for about two, so they weren't noticeable. :D Kept me from eating apples though. :( I have them every day now they're AMAZING! :D I used to have a mild case of bunny rabbit teeth, it was no fun. I love my teeth now though. :) They were so bad before I got braces that I got them for free when I was like twelve. :o My top ones weren't that bad though, just the bottom ones were all over the place. :pac:

Can't beat a good rant! Awh cringe to the max haha. It'd be far worse if your doctor was really hot. :P Like, when you're a boy and you've to go to the hot female doctor and let her do tests on you, I don't care what anyone says, it's pure embarrassing. :pac: Yeah it isn't fun, I can not wait to get my braces :D Like I said I can't help feeling that I've had my braces earlier my teenage years up until now would've been better. It sounds really self-pitying (and it is :P) but that's what I think. I'm always holding my lips pure shut in photos so my teeth won't appear. So pathetic. :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Em if your squeamish like me don't read this :( em his nail in one of his paws must have got caught in somethin and its like falling out :( its horrible and he is in so much pain :( he is having nightmares and all :( he is only a small dog and is so fragile :( like this year he also put somethin out in his back :( he is only one like he isn't even an old dog :(

Lads do any of ye remember Cadbury 'Astros'. Have a severe craving for them now. They were kind of like the m&ms in the blue packet.

• Advertisement

Em if your squeamish like me don't read this :( em his nail in one of his paws must have got caught in somethin and its like falling out :( its horrible and he is in so much pain :( he is having nightmares and all :( he is only a small dog and is so fragile :( like this year he also put somethin out in his back :( he is only one like he isn't even an old dog :(

The poor thing!! Would you not bring him to the vet? He'd probably remove it and give him something for the pain. Plus he might give him an antibiotic just because that could get easily infected :/
    He reminds me of my little cat actually. Only just turned one and he's already had a major operation! Broke a growth plate in his leg/hip so had to get the ball joint removed so he only has a muscle joint now. Poor thing has never been able to jump the same since!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement