Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

With the weather forecast for the weekend study is looking very unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Can't study in this weather, won't study in this weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

So tired, tempted to have a nap before going to the grad. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Anyone else have their grads tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Studied at the local park for a few hours, lovely sun :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

cutty9 wrote: »
    pharmacy or physio :)

Nice! RCSI I'm guessing? I wanted to do Pharmacy for ages but I eventually decided I'd prefer to do Pharmacology (only 4 letters of a difference :P), so I'ma do biomed@nuig (If I get the points :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cutty9

Nice! RCSI I'm guessing? I wanted to do Pharmacy for ages but I eventually decided I'd prefer to do Pharmacology (only 4 letters of a difference :P), so I'ma do biomed@nuig (If I get the points :()

preferably TCD :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

cutty9 wrote: »
    preferably TCD :)

I'll see you there.. hopefully..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

reznov wrote: »
    550+ is not okay Finality. If you're to remain my disciple you MUST obtain at least 600 points. Although you were conscripted as my disciple, it does not mean that you perform poorly and tarnish the reputation of your sensei.
    I am sorry master. I don't know what I was thinking... it must have been simply a moment of low self esteem. I shall not fail.

I know who you are in real life..

Oh god how? :L

To get the turning points, get the derivative of the function, let it equal to zero, then sub in the values of x into the original function to get the y-values. The get the second derivative, sub in one of the points, and if it is greater than zero, its a max( I think!!- maybe its the min)
    Other way around. :P Think of it as being the opposite of what you'd expect, i.e. if it's greater it's minimum, if it's less it's maximum.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Anyone else have their grads tomorrow?

Yup yup. :D Today was our last real day - tomorrow morning the school hall's reserved for us for a couple hours to mill around, take pictures, sign shirts etc but it's completely optional and the last proper day was today. It was amazing but so sad - most of us bawled when we were only rehearsing our grad song!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Off I go to the grads.. hopefully it'll be a good night!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

finality wrote: »
    I am sorry master. I don't know what I was thinking... it must have been simply a moment of low self esteem. I shall

Other way around. :P Think of it as being the opposite of what you'd expect, i.e. if it's greater it's minimum, if it's less it's maximum.

If you expect a lot from the LC, you'll become disappointed.
    Expect less, you receive more.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

My last day of school is tomorrow but i don't know whether to go in I won't be going to any of the classes anyway I'd just be wasting a day. I might have to go in early to get my short story checked again , my last english class was today she's not doing classes tomorrow no-one would've went anyway. I think one of my friends all want to go in for the last day or some of them. I don't think I want to I've a lot to do or I might just go for an hour or two and come back. I keep thinking the leaving starts next wednesday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Eathrin wrote: »
    In maths I like to just write the answer down without the workings ...
    Do NOT do this, or I shall come find you and nutslap you into next week!! :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

well done randy, he's gonna do it now, we all know cian loves a good nutslap. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

That's Couer ... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I really find it hard to study English :/ I am really good at it but just Hamlet and Poetry is kinda hard to study :P Just wonder how do ye study English?

I re-read my essays and the poems, not much else you can do really, but then again I kinda know it pretty well coz my teacher was really good :P

Cant believe I'm talking about 6th year in past tense. :(

David1994 wrote: »
    I really find it hard to study English :/ I am really good at it but just Hamlet and Poetry is kinda hard to study :P Just wonder how do ye study English?

I don't really study it. Simply read over poetry, discover new details and memorise quotations.

Quotations are essential as a guide in your exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

finality wrote: »
    In other news, we got these autograph book things today at graduation, and my friend basically informed me in mine that she knows who I am on boards... what a creep.

And apparently she used to talk to Cian on here.

I fear the day that happens to me:eek: any ideas who they are here?
    Be Aware you are calling someone a creep who knows who you are here:pac:

• Advertisement

M&S* wrote: »
    Such a nice day today, not sure whether to be happy or sad.

Plans for studying outside with friends turned into football and a tanning session.
    What leaving cert?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I don't really study it. Simply read over poetry, discover new details and memorise quotations.

Quotations are essential as a guide in your exam.

Ye that's what I usually do.I was just curious if anyone actually learnt off answers.I never learn off English answers but I might learn off some things for poetry and Hamlet :D

I fear the day that happens to me:eek: any ideas who they are here?
    Be Aware you are calling someone a creep who knows who you are here:pac:

Oh she knows I don't really mean it, I told her she was a creep in real life too :L

I think she said something like "empty with me"

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Seriously there's not a hope Heaney won't come up is there? I mean he has to... :D

Were you not around when Emptywithme was here? Claire wasn't it?
    Yeah she's been gone about 3-4 months now, tell her to come back:pac:
    At least she's a member not a creepy lurker:D

I don't understand why the SEC doesn't simply look at boards.ie and set a paper opposite to predictions. Grade inflation would bite the dust!

Think I need to become head of the SEC.

Were you not around when Emptywithme was here? Claire wasn't it?
    Yeah she's been gone about 3-4 months now, tell her to come back:pac:
    At least she's a member not a creepy lurker:D

Yup, Claire. I definitely don't remember her being on here, but she must have been if she knows who I am :L

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I don't understand why the SEC doesn't simply look at boards.ie and set a paper opposite to predictions. Grade inflation would bite the dust!

Think I need to become head of the SEC.

How do you know they don't :cool:

How do you know I'm not actually a LC student but a SEC agent here to mislead :pac:

I remember Emptywithme, didnt someone else come up to her and just say "Emptywithme" and creep her out too? Circle of life :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

It feels strange not having anymore classes and my last English class earlier. It's like it's all down to you now. I still keep thinking its next Wednesday. Could you just imagine me going in next week ready for the English paper lol.

I'm not sure whether to keep writing out answers I think I might just try and memorise and understand everything it takes to long writing it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement