Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Well my grad night turned to shít, we weren't allowed in the club even though we had it booked, couldn't get in anywhere so the majority just went home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cutty9

Well my grad night turned to shít, we weren't allowed in the club even though we had it booked, couldn't get in anywhere so the majority just went home.

why werent ye allowed in? underage? :(

MWAH HAHAHAH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

I really want an A1 in bio but I'd be happy with an A2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

finality wrote: »
    Maths - If I don't get an A1 I'll cry
    Biology - Would love an A1, I think I'll get it but would be ok with an A2 I guess
    German - If I don't get an A1 I'll cry
    Physics - HOPEFULLY an A1. B1 or higher and I'd be happy I guess.
    Chemistry - B1 or higher plz
    English - A1 in the pre but it could go either way, really depends on the paper... but I'll be sad if I don't get the A1, I've always loved English.
    Applied Maths - A1 would be amazing, but I guess B1 or higher would be ok.
    Irish - I would LOVE an A because it's the only subject I've ever not been expected to get an A in. Realistically I'll get a B1 if I'm extremely lucky.

Points wise, 550+ would be ok I guess, gotta admit I'd love 600.

In other news, we got these autograph book things today at graduation, and my friend basically informed me in mine that she knows who I am on boards... what a creep.

And apparently she used to talk to Cian on here.

550+ is not okay Finality. If you're to remain my disciple you MUST obtain at least 600 points. Although you were conscripted as my disciple, it does not mean that you perform poorly and tarnish the reputation of your sensei.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

finality wrote: »
    Maths - If I don't get an A1 I'll cry
    Biology - Would love an A1, I think I'll get it but would be ok with an A2 I guess
    German - If I don't get an A1 I'll cry
    Physics - HOPEFULLY an A1. B1 or higher and I'd be happy I guess.
    Chemistry - B1 or higher plz
    English - A1 in the pre but it could go either way, really depends on the paper... but I'll be sad if I don't get the A1, I've always loved English.
    Applied Maths - A1 would be amazing, but I guess B1 or higher would be ok.
    Irish - I would LOVE an A because it's the only subject I've ever not been expected to get an A in. Realistically I'll get a B1 if I'm extremely lucky.

Points wise, 550+ would be ok I guess, gotta admit I'd love 600.

In other news, we got these autograph book things today at graduation, and my friend basically informed me in mine that she knows who I am on boards... what a creep.

And apparently she used to talk to Cian on here.

I know who you are in real life..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

OK, here are my ideal results:

Maths (OL) - B. I don't even care what type of B, as I'm not counting it for points. A B just would look good on paper since I'm soooooo bad at maths.

English (HL) - B2. The comparative is my enemy in English so that will bring down my score.

Geography (HL) - A1. I got a B1 in the mocks, but would have got a A2 if I have finished the exam, so I'm hoping I can pull off a better score in the actual L.C.

History (HL) - A1. Though I won't say no to an A2 or B2.

Biology (HL) - B1.

Ag. Science (HL) - B1.

This, I think, would bring my total points to the 440-470 mark, which is enough for my course! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Gonna get some serious study done today boyz! Also just got a tetanus jag, from the hot doctor. ;) It feels like I've so much left to cover before the leaving D: Even though I've been studying all year and am realistically quite well prepared. Ah well. :P

I think of reznov and patchy when this comes on

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

No surprise that you'd be listening to that anyway ;)

i think of rainbowtrout when i watch this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

cutty9 wrote: »
    why werent ye allowed in? underage? :(

MWAH HAHAHAH

We're all 18, even though we had paid for the room a month back they wouldn't let us in because it was packed :L Only 10-15 people in the year got in

We're all 18, even though we had paid for the room a month back they wouldn't let us in because it was packed :L Only 10-15 people in the year got in
    blast them with piss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I haven't got any study done this morning I had to go out earlier and I'm in for English around 1pm . I might as well wait til I get back. I might try and fix my story.

I hate that we have to study while the sun is shining outside :(.

I haven't got any study done this morning I had to go out earlier and I'm in for English around 1pm . I might as well wait til I get back. I might try and fix my story.

I hate that we have to study while the sun is shining outside :(.

the sun wont give a crap on august 15th when you get your results :)

I think of cutty9 when I see this:

im not an emo. more of a sociopath

im not an emo. more of a sociopath

Not what your username implies. Perhaps when you're reincarnated, you can choose a more suitable nickname?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I cant remember how to find the local max and min point of a function...:(]
    Anybody give me a bit of help?? I know you differentiate and then let equal 0 but thats it... :P

>0 local min, <0 local max.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

David1994 wrote: »
    Anybody give me a bit of help?? I know you differentiate and then let equal 0 but thats it... :P

Let f'(x) (dy/dx) equal to zero to find the X coordinate
    Sub the X value(s) into f(x) to get the Y coordinate

That's how you get the coordinates of a Turning Point

Now to find whether it's a Max Or Min find f''(x) (d2y/dx2)

If it's greater than zero it's a Min if it's less it's Max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

David1994 wrote: »

To get the turning points, get the derivative of the function, let it equal to zero, then sub in the values of x into the original function to get the y-values. The get the second derivative, sub in one of the points, and if it is greater than zero, its a max( I think!!- maybe its the min)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Thanks guys :D I should really remember it but I just kept getting blank... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Such a nice day today, not sure whether to be happy or sad.

M&S* wrote: »
    Such a nice day today, not sure whether to be happy or sad.

Compile a nonchalant, melancholous soliloquy which reflects your inner turmoil and emotional instability which is only catalysed by the blissful, almost tear provokingly pleasant weather outdoors.

It really is beautiful out, lovely day for a wee cycle down to the beach!

It really is beautiful out, lovely day for a wee cycle down to the beach!

OR

learning off 7 organic chemistry experiments :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

would love to be fishing now....

OR

learning off 7 organic chemistry experiments :D

Or that :P What course do you wanna do?

Or that :P What course do you wanna do?

pharmacy or physio :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Grad was last night. Went to Captain Americas, then went back to my friends and slept cause we were wrecked :L

I'm late, but oh well. The grades I want?

English: A2 I'm well capable of it, as long as the poetry goes my way. I'm constantly getting B1/A2 in Hamlet and Comparative, paper 1 is an A2 standard. Poetry is my weak point.

Irish: C3. I'm doing no work for it, at all.

Maths: B3. Even though I've done nothing for it, I find it easy. GO ORDINARY!

French: C2. I love the language, but it's just so blinking hard!

Biology: A2. I need to get it. I'm good at Biology, it's just putting the work in.

History: B2. I need this for my Aberdeen offer. Just hopefully.

Business: D1. It's seriously gone downhill, I find it so hard.

Economics: B1. I've six days between Business and Economics, I should get it done.

That'd be....475. If I had actually worked all year, I'd get 500+. ****sake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement