Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alanstrainor bought a 325CI!!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

unkel wrote: »
    You're well able to find yourself the right car and present it to your mechanic for a quick look over before you parts with your monies

The only thing you needed us for was to convince you not to buy a Toyota Corolla :pac:

Haha, I knew after 30 seconds driving the corolla that it wasn't for me!

Seller got back to me about NCT. And I've been reading his posts on bmw-driver. Rear Brake lines were corroded, he's coming up on Saturday to Dublin to get sorted. No harm in viewing. I'm in no rush to part with cash, trust me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

He's been trying to shift it for a while, but only because the market is very difficult. Unfortunately the cars don't make anywhere near what he was originally asking, and also there is no kit on this car - is this something you are considering as a must? The M kit will set you back another €1000 if it's well done.

Even the best looked after cars will have the brake corrosion. It would indicate UK import though.. so just go through the history carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

conzymaher wrote: »
    I don't like something about that silver coupe.

+1

I don't know there's something a bit off about it. maybe it's just me though I thought that when I read the add and saw the short video.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Probably the shítty vignette he added to all the photos, that's what I think it is for me anyway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The seller sent me on about 60 high res pictures, 5 YouTube videos and more. That in itself has me wondering why he's so desperate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The seller sent me on about 60 high red pictures, 5 YouTube videos and more. That in itself has me wondering why he's so desperate!

aggressive sales tactics? To be honest just go with someone who knows about cars to look at it. maybe chap trying to hard and trying to be helpfull, but does not realise, that by trying to hard, he pushes away buyers.

Yeah, if he's been trying to sell it for a while then he might just want rid of it, who knows tbh. Could be something dodgy about it either, as said - take someone with you who knows their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

There isn't exactly a huge market for ~10 year old €1000 p.a. tax coupes, BMW or not - hence his high res pics/videos.

The seller sent me on about 60 high res pictures, 5 YouTube videos and more. That in itself has me wondering why he's so desperate!

In fairness to the chap you do have a wanted thread up :)

A car like that is hard to shift, if you buy it he doesn't have to deal with anyone else, he knows you genuinely want a 325ci :)

I can see where you're coming from though :)

Car looks straight in the pics. To be fair he's been very straight up about everything, hadn't lied about anything I've asked.

I've told him id want it checked out by my mechanic, and that id only buy with a valid nct. All of which he's been more than happy with.

I'll hopefully see it tomorrow and report back.

Cheers everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You do realise if he tests it it will run out again in August?

Edit: Read it wrong

actually, have you considered motorchecking it yet Alan or are you going to view it first?

Be worth your while if you're genuinely considering it

actually, have you considered motorchecking it yet Alan or are you going to view it first?

Be worth your while if you're genuinely considering it

Haven't motorchecked it just yet.

Although, I got the owner to check the log book and there's 6 previous owners.

And it's an Irish car.

Going to have a look tomorrow anyway. The seller is in Dublin getting the brake lines done on it. No cash will be parted with as it has no NCT just yet. But sure at this stage it's worth a look.

I'll report back tomorrow evening I suppose.

A car like that with that many owners in that lenght of time wouldn't worry me in the slightest, as long as it's been minded. Which you'll know once you see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Op i doubt there is anything wrong with the car, trying to shift an 01 with 1k tax is not easy... bear in mind though, if the tax wasnt so high, youd be paying alot more for the car!

Well I viewed this Silver coupe: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3056755

And it seemed to be in fantastic condition, nothing out of the ordinary as far as I could see at least. Engine pulled well, car looked great, not knocks or bumps out of it at all, brakes were good. Seriously couldn't fault it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

And????

Did ya throw an offer?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Thats good to hear, are you tempted to part with the cash yet? Or going to continue the search and keep that one in mind?

Well I viewed this Silver coupe: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3056755

And it seemed to be in fantastic condition, nothing out of the ordinary as far as I could see at least. Engine pulled well, car looked great, not knocks or bumps out of it at all, brakes were good. Seriously couldn't fault it at all.

If it's as clean as you say it is, and will have a new NCT. Get a few hundred knocked off the asking and you're away with a great bargain.

• Advertisement

Right, didn't throw an offer.

Told him to touch base with me on Friday when it goes for it's NCT, and i let him know that i'd want my mechanic to check it out also.

166man wrote: »
    If it's as clean as you say it is, and will have a new NCT. Get a few hundred knocked off the asking and you're away with a great bargain.

I wouldn't even bother trying to get that much off really, if you know it's good and the guy has been seemingly very sound and honest about the whole thing, and if it's coming with fresh NCT...

I wouldn't even bother trying to get that much off really, if you know it's good and the guy has been seemingly very sound and honest about the whole thing, and if it's coming with fresh NCT...

it's still 3,000 for an 11 year old 2.5 petrol car. You buy that for three grand and try sell it in a month.

i would have no hesitation offering 2.5k or less, there's an absolute tiny market for that car, tiny.

The lad isn't overcome with offers though, I'd agree with LM, throw in an offer but don't be feeling inclined to meet the asking price as the seller is a sound lad etc etc.

it's still 3,000 for an 11 year old 2.5 petrol car. You buy that for three grand and try sell it in a month.

i would have no hesitation offering 2.5k or less, there's an absolute tiny market for that car, tiny.

Normally people don't do that :p

As I said though, tis just my opinion. I'd say 2750 and leave it at that

Normally people don't do that :p

As I said though, tis just my opinion. I'd say 2750 and leave it at that

But that's the way you have to look at these things. Personally 3 grand is a lot of money and if i lost my job next month and i had to flog the car i wouldn't expect to get that back.

Climate, market etc. etc. considered, €2,500 is a very, very fair offer.

......... I'd say 2750 and leave it at that

That's €50 shy of the few hundred 166man mentioned :)
    If you offer €2750 the lad is unlikely to reckon it will be the final offer.

The car is worth what you can sell it for, as LM mentioned you mightn't get €3000 or too close to it next week even with a fresh NCT.

Will see what happens.

Will see what happens.

He might well be reading this :pac:

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    That's €50 shy of the few hundred 166man mentioned :)
    If you offer €2750 the lad is unlikely to reckon it will be the final offer.

The car is worth what you can sell it for, as LM mentioned you mightn't get €3000 or too close to it next week even with a fresh NCT.

Yeah figure in my head was around €2.7k for thereabouts. Seller would be lucky to be getting that too. If he hasn't had too much interest either the demand isn't there or the price is too high. I'd say it's a bit of both in this situation.

Best of luck with it though Alan, I can't tempt you towards that Alfa GTV6 for sale on dd can I?:pac:

Advertisement