Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alanstrainor bought a 325CI!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

it's still 3,000 for an 11 year old 2.5 petrol car. You buy that for three grand and try sell it in a month.

i would have no hesitation offering 2.5k or less, there's an absolute tiny market for that car, tiny.
    buy brand new car from dealer today and try to sell it tomorrow ,see how much you gonna lose :D not speaking two or three years ahead :rolleyes: .If serviced on time properly it will give another 100k without hassle,even i want to buy looking at it now but there's no sunroof and its silver :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

scamalert wrote: »
    buy brand new car from dealer today and try to sell it tomorrow ,see how much you gonna lose :D not speaking two or three years ahead :rolleyes: .If serviced on time properly it will give another 100k without hassle,even i want to buy looking at it now but there's no sunroof and its silver :cool:

This isn't the same thing, people who buy new cars aren't money conscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Agree with LM, why would you offer the asking price? We all work hard to make our monies and we ain't no charity. And the market for a (huge) 2.5l petrol (:eek: why not a diesel? is what everybody is gonna ask him)
    Will see what happens.

+1

This thing can not be scripted. It is a game you play and sometimes it works out better than other times, even if you are very good at the game. Good luck Alan!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I would agree with LM here. Offer him €2500, the worst that can happen is he'll say no. Nothing to lose this way but if you go ahead and say €3000, you're possible doing yourself out of €500!

unkel wrote: »
    (:eek: why not a diesel? is what everybody is gonna ask him)

That's exactly the reaction I got when I bought the MPS! People asked me what size engine it was. I'd say 2.3 turbo and without letting me finish, they had already assumed it was a (to quote dgt) derv mobile :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I think the seller would be unwise to turn down any reasonable offer. Depreciation is a major cost, now with this car, its going to be fairly negligible, but still better to have the money in your pocket.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Going to see about having a look at this one during the week:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3275289

High spec, M Sport, with similar miles to the silver one.

It is a UK import though, and has 19" wheels which I don't know if i'd be mad about. But it looks well. Seller says he imported it in 2005 and has had it since. It'd be good to drive a few of these I figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I certainly wouldn't be worried about buying a UK import. As for spec, jesus that car is loaded

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I certainly wouldn't be worried about buying a UK import. As for spec, jesus that car is loaded

I'd hazard a guess and say that most M Sports would be UK imports anyway? But the spec is pretty unreal. Puts it into perspective when compared to the relatively sparsely spec'd silver one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Going to see about having a look at this one during the week:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3275289

High spec, M Sport, with similar miles to the silver one.

It is a UK import though, and has 19" wheels which I don't know if i'd be mad about. But it looks well. Seller says he imported it in 2005 and has had it since. It'd be good to drive a few of these I figure.

If that's the orange brake light (which in the reflection it looks like it is, but I could be totally wrong on that, maybe it's the usual red colour for the handbrake), then the pads need to be done on it.

• Advertisement

If that's the orange brake light (which in the reflection it looks like it is, but I could be totally wrong on that, maybe it's the usual colour for the handbrake), then the pads need to be done on it.

I'm quite certain that's the handbrake light. The brake wear sensor is further to the right.

If that's the orange brake light (which in the reflection it looks like it is, but I could be totally wrong on that, maybe it's the usual colour for the handbrake), then the pads need to be done on it.

It's the handbrake light, pad wear light is yellow and more to the right hand side of the light cluster.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

i wouldn't be worried but i would be cautious. it only spent four winters over there, so shouldn't be rusty and has had plenty of NCT's over here, but still have a good look around it.

Looks a nice car :) Are they the 330 ci wheels, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

If you buy it, budget for a set of 17 or 18" wheels, otherwise budget for not much change out of €1,000 if you ever need to replace all 4 tyres as well. Also, I imagine the low speed ride would be pretty fecking horrific - bad enough around Dublin with 18" :/

You're finding a few nice gems Alan! That black one looks the biz with the Alcantara interior, very nice indeed. I'd be picking that over the silver one if I'm honest :o

Tragedy wrote: »
    If you buy it, budget for a set of 17 or 18" wheels, otherwise budget for not much change out of €1,000 if you ever need to replace all 4 tyres as well. Also, I imagine the low speed ride would be pretty fecking horrific - bad enough around Dublin with 18" :/

Yeah, the big wheels is what was putting me off it before. Would have to change the wheels me thinks...well if I bought it.

She's worth a look anyway!

Yeah, the big wheels is what was putting me off it before. Would have to change the wheels me thinks...well if I bought it.

I wouldn't worry tbh Alan, conzy picked up 4 MV2 reps for under 100 quid :D

As for tyres, part worns all the way

Why would you change the wheels?

I would change them myself because tyres for 19" s are gonna be quite a bit more expensive. I wouldn't be too pushed about the ride comfort though as long as it handled better but it wouldn't be a noticeable difference if you were to put on 18s. Maybe the nicest E46 alloy - MV2s?

You MAY have trouble selling those alloys though as with them comes cost unless you find a rebel TDIhead who wants BMW alloys instead of Merc for his Bora :pac:

They'd sell easily enough on BMW driver I'd imagine MM, especially with decent rubber on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

It's the handbrake light, pad wear light is yellow and more to the right hand side of the light cluster.

Fair enough:o, nothing to worry about then:)!

• Advertisement

Fair enough:o, nothing to worry about then:)!

Yeah, I've mine looking at me every time I turn on the car so I'd want to know!

(sensors weren't replaced when the pads were done last)

Why would you change the wheels?

I would change them myself because tyres for 19" s are gonna be quite a bit more expensive. I wouldn't be too pushed about the ride comfort though as long as it handled better but it wouldn't be a noticeable difference if you were to put on 18s. Maybe the nicest E46 alloy - MV2s?

You MAY have trouble selling those alloys though as with them comes cost.

Tyre cost would be the reason!

Who knows what condition the rubber is in though, there could be a decent bit left.

Seller owning it for 7 years sounds at least promising, he's not someone just trying to shift it after 9 months. I have no idea what the UK history is though, he says it was imported for him by an Irish importer in 05. Will have to motorcheck it after viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

the m sports are much nicer, i prefer leather over the alcantara, price is as good as the same when you factor in the black one is taxed up until the end of June. you would sell the black on easier, due to colour and m sport kit. op my bro has a set of the below which he is looking to sell incase you do buy the black 325ci and like the below alloys, which he has stored in churchtown...

http://www.octane.ie/ads/car.php?id=5542

Idbatterim wrote: »
    ...... price is as good as the same when you factor in the black one is taxed up until the end of June...

The tax is worth about €170.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

D'ya know what - it's just feckin' amazing what a quality car you can pick up for less than a months wages these days once you're prepared to go over 2L. A lot of these cars would be close enough to double the money in the UK.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    D'ya know what - it's just feckin' amazing what a quality car you can pick up for less than a months wages these days once you're prepared to go over 2L. A lot of these cars would be close enough to double the money in the UK.

How about you give me your wages, and you can have mine!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

That black one is a beaut way better than the silver one. They never made the MV1 in 19 so they are obviously replicas. which isn't really a problem if they are decent quality. some reps are nearly double the weight of the OEM wheels which obviously affects handling and wear and tear.

But like CM said I got a trailer full of MV2s for 200 euro :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

How about you give me your wages, and you can have mine!

What? The feckin' Polo! :eek:

Are saloons defo a no no ?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/325-I-E4/6013340673603310/advert?channel=CARS

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300

€4500 for a 2004 with a claimed 68k miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

RoverJames wrote: »
    Are saloons defo a no no ?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/325-I-E4/6013340673603310/advert?channel=CARS

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300

€4500 for a 2004 with a claimed 68k miles.

That yoke looks seriously clean... You wouldn't find one like that for the money in the UK. If the mileage is genuine then I'd be looking into that one. Good find.

Advertisement