Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW32 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Who will Mancini start up front today? Took a gamble on Tevez so hoping RM will pick him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Ada boy Rooney. I knew they were due a penalty. Would not be surprised if they get another in this game. You hit the nail on the head with the post above Carlcon. I don't support united but I agree.

If you think about the amount of times United will be playing the ball around in QPR's box today and then think about how many times they are tackled in QPR's penalty area. The reason they get so many penalties is because they are always on the attack and constantly being tackled. Eventually one of those tackles will lead to a penalty. Foul or not, it's bound to happen. That's why, I think they get so many penalties, this b*llsh*t of United being favoured by refs is ridiculous. But all this is for another thread. Back to FF and Rooney needs either a hat-trick or 2 goals and an assist to make up for me not captaining Dempsey :pac:

Who will Mancini start up front today? Took a gamble on Tevez so hoping RM will pick him.

I think Tevez is nearly a certain starter at this stage. Aguero might also not start so that boosts Tevez's chances even more. I'm just wondering who'll be playing right back. Richards is on my bench but I hope he is starting and that he hasn't lost his place to Zaba. I wanna play Richards in the coming weeks and don't want anymore of this Full-back rotation s**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

If Aguero is still out, Tevez should be ready enough by now. With everything that's been said about Balotelli in the past week, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't feature today either.

I can see Tevez and Dzeko starting.

Valencia had an assist for Welbeck ruled out for offside, for those of us who enjoy letting "what ifs" ruin our day. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

carlcon wrote: »
    I've counted the amount of complaints and calls of corruption in this thread as a result of Wigan being robbed by decisions made at Chelsea yesterday. Bearing in mind that the aftermath of that game lead to the most intense level of scrutiny and discussion by pundits and sports-news stations all last night.

This is why United have a reputation... fans only watch/remember/talk about their games. Always United. Never the rest.

Well forgive more people for taking an interest in a game that has a relevance on the title race

more to the point is the overall standard of officiating. it has been atrocious in recent weeks. from Cisse's offside goal last week, to Chelsea's yesterday, and now this, it simply isn't good enough. the sad truth is that officials are untouchable. the same ones that make these terrible mistakes will be on the pitch officiating next week. if football and referreeing associations want players and managers to take more responsibility, then the least they can do is take responsibility themselves when they fúck up. but we all know they won't

Fergie please take Welbeck off. He is destroying half of United's attacks

manual_man wrote: »
    Well forgive more people for taking an interest in a game that has a relevance on the title race

more to the point is the overall standard of officiating. it has been atrocious in recent weeks. from Cisse's offside goal last week, to Chelsea's yesterday, and now this, it simply isn't good enough. the sad truth is that officials are untouchable. the same ones that make these terrible mistakes will be on the pitch officiating next week. if football and referreeing associations want players and managers to take more responsibility, then the least they can do is take responsibility themselves when they fúck up. but we all know they won't

You make a good points but this is really the wrong thread!

rafael misses a sitter

C'mon dude, you know what I mean. You made 3 posts in the space of a few minutes referring to the "disgraceful decision", the "referee being in the pocket", and how Young should be "ashamed".

These gems mostly come out when United play, and we all know it. Doesn't matter whether it's a cup game, the first match of the season, or in the title run-in. If "the point is the overall standard of officiating", then you're entitled to that point. But what you've said was not referring that point - it was blatantly suggesting corruption and cheating from refs and United players. Which is just silly.

Some officials have been pretty awful at times this season - can't argue with that. But surely that's best fought out over in the soccer forum?

• Advertisement

FatRat wrote: »

You make a good points but this is really the wrong thread!

I'd get another ban for this if i was allowed post in the soccer forum in fairness. Freedom of speech isn't promoted there

Bit disappointed with Valencia all the same. Maybe he's feeling the heat with Nani back on the scene

Back to the game... should I be getting worried that United haven't put QPR to bed yet? Could really do with more from Rooney.

Welbeck is costing me points here. Should have scored, would have been an assist from my captain rooney. Chico would have scored.Giggs on for Young 60 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

REALLY need Valencia to do something for me since my rival has Young

Giggs on for Young 60 minutes

Feck it. Definitely need more from Rooney now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

scholes goal raphael assist

mailburner wrote: »
    scholes goal raphael assist

A few were talking about getting Raphael in. I wonder if they went with it. I'd have him too, but only if you could have about 5 players from one team. :)

carlcon wrote: »

C'mon dude, you know what I mean. You made 3 posts in the space of a few minutes referring to the "disgraceful decision", the "referee being in the pocket", and how Young should be "ashamed".

These gems mostly come out when United play, and we all know it. Doesn't matter whether it's a cup game, the first match of the season, or in the title run-in. If "the point is the overall standard of officiating", then you're entitled to that point. But what you've said was not referring that point - it was blatantly suggesting corruption and cheating from refs and United players. Which is just silly.

Some officials have been pretty awful at times this season - can't argue with that. But surely that's best fought out over in the soccer forum?

<snip> Scholes goal 2-0 now. Rafael with the assist

Mod edit: Watch what you say about other boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Rafael could be worth a look . Think he 3 assists in his last few games and a good few bonus points .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Man City XI vs Arsenal: Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kompany, Lescott, Yaya Toure, Barry, Milner, Nasri, Aguero, Balotelli” 

Arsenal XI vs Man City: Szczesny - Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs - Arteta, Song - Walcott, Rosicky, Benayoun - Van Persie” 

• Advertisement

I'm banned in the soccer forum./QUOTE]

I wonder why :rolleyes:

Cleverley on for Scholes and Jones on for Raphael. Roo and Val get 90mins.

fatrat if you want to make this personal go ahead. I've got all day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Man City XI vs Arsenal: Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kompany, Lescott, Yaya Toure, Barry, Milner, Nasri, Aguero, Balotelli”

Arsenal XI vs Man City: Szczesny - Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs - Arteta, Song - Walcott, Rosicky, Benayoun - Van Persie”

Silva not starting ? ... I think for him it sounds like ...

Aguero fit and Balotelli playing! Changes my views on this game now. I fancied a fairly handy win for Arsenal. Not so confident now. Mostly because of Aguero... Bal will always be a liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

No Silva! Glad I shipped him out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Big Val let me down:(

fatrat if you want to make this personal go ahead. I've got all day

Look Manual man.... this is completely the wrong thread. And whiners like you giving out about refs and the likes always get on my nerves simply because there is no need to whine, it won't change their decision and it wont change the way game is today.

I've no idea how i made it personal. I just assume you were banned in the soccer forum because you give out about refs and bad decisions so much.

"De Gea just touched the ball for the first time of the game in the 92nd minute" - BBC commentator.

I think Evans' clean sheet was pretty much safe today. :pac:

• Advertisement

FT. What odds will I get on Rooney, Young, and Evans getting the 3, 2, and 1 BPs? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement