Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme Combat Ireland Krav Maga: Carlow .... One Day Seminar

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hurpederp

Tim you don't live in Limerick you don't know what its like. I have to visit a dermatologist because all this gunmetal and cordite on my forehead is bad for my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Graemec wrote: »
    this system has been tested.

In case you are wondering why you are getting a bit of a dose now, this is where I think you went wrong. You've said there is a test, but you haven't said what it is.

Stuff like BJJ/boxing/etc, for example you can point at their application in MMA competition. Now you can argue till the cows come home if this is a valid test. I'd say it's by no means perfect, but at least it provides many, many data-points, it's is out in the open and available for anyone to examine.

Once you start going with vague stories about one-off instances, people are going to ask for something a bit more solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Graemec

Hi Peetrik I do not have any footage of sparring but please check out the website: truekravmagacapetown.co.za

Please refer to the website, for the info required. unfortunately as you said we can discuss this until we are both blue in the face and everybody will have an opinion and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

everybody will have an opinion and rightly so.

Everyone certainly can have an opinion, but that doesn't necessarily mean every opinion is equally valid.

As, I said there are people who will state the evidence for their opinion and make it available for scrutiny. They might not be the ultimate truth, but opinions based on this kind of reasoning hold a lot more weight than ones based on unseen on non-existent evidence.

Please refer to the website, for the info required. unfortunately as you said we can discuss this until we are both blue in the face and everybody will have an opinion and rightly so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWNj9Tkxd8I#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3tB7BARYUms

The above are two videos on the website, both showing a terrible, terrible sweep from an open-guard like position. It is compliant partner drilling, with poor technique sold to vulnerable people as a "rape defense". Thats irresponsible and negligent.

• Advertisement

Hurpederp please post a clip or two of what you propose is not irresponsible and negligent (your opinion) enlighten us, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

How about you back up even one of the statements you've made first Graemec.
    Sparring should happen from day one and also to be with different partners: size, height, weight, strength and gender also when sparring never be a compliant attacker otherwise why bother.

If it's from day 1 then surely there is even a single video clip of your club sparring? There is nothing remotely like full contact sparring on the website you keep plugging.
    I disagree that KM is the biggest scam, it is and will always be very effective in real situations (Survival).

Ok, if this is true, where is your proof? What real situations have you used it in? Be specific please, not you know a guy who knows a guy.
    To call it Walter mitty stuff is incorrect as this system has been tested.

As Doug said, exactly how was it tested?

You have made claims that you haven't provided a single shred of evidence to back up. We don't just let that stuff slide here.

I provided proof of what I have said if you require any more please Google is your friend, I can only offer what I have and each to their own.
    I also like most people do not run around or train with a Go Pro strapped to my head or a pair of Google glasses recording every second of my life.
    As I have previously requested for all those so easily commenting ( Walter Mitty Stuff ) please you to post proof as this is an open forum and not a keyboard warrior session which becomes a total waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

I've a 2-3 friends who haven't done any martial arts in their life and are interested in Krav Maga but they are super cynical at the same time. If they pop down to you and they spar you to simulate an attack for you to prove Krav Maga effectiveness, would you agree to it? I could video it and there would be your proof for the interweb people maybe?

this is an open forum and not a keyboard warrior session which becomes a total waste of time.

The whole point of you being called out on your claims is to ascertain whether you are are a keyboard warrior or not. Yeah this is an open forum but most posters here have verifiable fight records, I can post mine in full if you doubt it. You continue to fail to provide even the most basic proof of any ability on your part other than that it is "your opinion".

I train Thai boxing, Thai boxing doesn't claim to be able to disarm multiple gun wielding attackers at the same time like the website you are plugging. The onus is on you to back up your statements, which you continue to fail to do.

It's pretty clear you are a Walter Mitty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I agree and the demonstration shows what can be achieved, techniques ranging from a beginner to advanced. To call it Walter mitty stuff is incorrect as this system has been tested. Each to his own opinion.
    The point is they can't be achieved.

Objectively look that the gun "attacks". Everytime the attacker walks right up and presses it to his head. Why is he doing this?
    because he needs to so that the demonstrator and move his head out of the line of fire and disarm. It's nonsense, It wouldn't happen, and even if it did, the attacked wouldn't react like a statue.
    Hurpederp please post a clip or two of what you propose is not irresponsible and negligent (your opinion) enlighten us, it would be greatly appreciated.

Your opinion, you are entitled to it. I would rather be prepared than unprepared it is a jungle out there.
    People aren't just dismissing it saying it won't work out of ignorance. People are comment who have grappling experience. They know what is required to sweep somebody who is on top like that. The demo'd technique, won't work. There n way she could move his whole body with her leg on his elbow like that, even if they were the same size it wouldn't work.
    It's like he seen a sweep before but can't really remember the details.
    Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    You could test this stuff very easy with paintballs or airsoft guns or something like that. Something that would sting and leave a mark but wouldn't do any serious damage. You never see those videos though for some reason.
    Great suggestion. But its never going to happen for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

These conversations always follow the same pattern.

Somebody makes big unsubstantiated claims
    He gets called on it
    He claims it's all been tested and proved
    He can't post anything to back up the claim that it's been tested
    He posts a link to a website that shows compliant drills. Without fail if there is ever any grappling or wrestling technique in it is obvious that the people won't know anything about grappling or wrestling. It's very easy to spot for anyone who has done any little bit of Judo, wrestling or BJJ.

Then when he gets called again he'll get indignant and start saying things like 'find it yourself' or 'google is you friend, I've done all I can'

If people still don't leave him alone about it the last straw is generally to say well we are all entitled to our opinions, as if that means something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxZKZsqWdFw

In a similar vein to the sweep that I posted from the Krav website, the video above addresses the guard as a defensive position. You will see the difference in the quality of the stuff taught. And before you say that I am comparing a blackbelt and a random woman starring in a demo, what I am addressing is not the quality of execution but the quality and realism of the movements they are trying to emulate. Even if a large man were to perform the Krav sweep as it is taught in that video, it would not move a smaller man who was making any sort of attempts to escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭mugger

TESTED ON WHO ?

Yes Yes you heard from someone you trained with or your teacher that it worked on someone.
    only people who have been in real fights or fight in full contact know what its like for plans to go out the window no matter what training you have done.
    Unless your under 16 I'd say 95% of fights anyone would get into is when they are drunk,so thats another very big factor nobody else has mentioned much.
    I can't get over that Video BTW,what aload of bull,its only in a movie for a reason.
    At the end of the day.classes and courses like Krav Maga will always be thought because so many people want to believe they will be able to fight like an action hero with no real training,even if they know deep down it
    won't work,and after a while they believe there own lies and realise there is more money to be made if they go along with it.

I would like to Resurrect this thread and invite all those who are interested in testing the True Krav Maga system to a free class at either Xtreme Spin & Circuit Tallaght (Monday and Wednesday 8:30-9:30pm) or (Lucan Leisure Centre Tuesday and Thursday 8:00-9:00pm).

I'd like to invite anyone considering it to read back over the thread and see the poster fail to provide any evidence his system works. Bless

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement