Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How you doin' - Cool Vids Feedback thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I would like somewhere to discuss a post that comes up in one of the other 'Big' threads that don't allow chat. There has been a lot of times when I have wanted to ask a question on something on YLYL but there isn't a place for it there. The same as Photos that shook the world and other threads - it is understandable that the threads themselves aren't the place to discuss photos as it would clutter them up too much but it would be nice to have somewhere where it is possible to ask a question about a photo/picture etc.
    1. Minimal chat is allowed AFAIK. Chat only gets removed if it become a long conversation, distracting or if it's just complaining.

2. Nothing to prevent you from stating a discussion thread.

New thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056636704

Cleaned up You Laugh, You Lose and deleted all the edited out reposts, took most of the day and I think i nearly broke Boards in the process http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78817691#post78817691

I will do this on a weekly basis from now on so that the thread is cleaner to go through in the future as per one of the suggestions in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Cleaned up You Laugh, You Lose and deleted all the edited out reposts, took most of the day and I think i nearly broke Boards in the process http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78817691#post78817691

I will do this on a weekly basis from now on so that the thread is cleaner to go through in the future as per one of the suggestions in this thread

While I'm sure everyone appreciates the enormous effort, are you sure that's really necessary? It doesn't take much to scroll past an edited out repost and the loading time of the page is barely affected. I'm not objecting by all means keep doing it it makes browsing for us even easier but I think it's a little undue pressure/workload to put on yourself.

Jernal wrote: »
    While I'm sure everyone appreciates the enormous effort, are you sure that's really necessary? It doesn't take much to scroll past an edited out repost and the loading time of the page is barely affected. I'm not objecting by all means keep doing it it makes browsing for us even easier but I think it's a little undue pressure/workload to put on yourself.

Once a week or thereabouts is no bother

It was only a big job now because there were 3,000+ posts to go through

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Once a week or thereabouts is no bother

It was only a big job now because there were 3,000+ posts to go through
    Did you laugh? did you lose?

• Advertisement

Did you laugh? did you lose?

I nearly lost the will to live if that counts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I nearly lost the will to live if that counts :pac: