Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YLYL

Options
  • 22-05-2012 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's just me, but a few days worth of post just vanished from the thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78814458

Last post I can see on the thread is "19-05-2012, 22:40" even though the main forum says "Today 15:05"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,823 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Same as..

.. just came here to report the same thing.

EDIT: Just posted an image in there now and it went through - although even though it appears under 'Latest Posts', I'm still getting the image from the 19th..

Untitled_320.png

Untitled_321.png

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have seen this happen before, more often on the touch site where YLYL shows new posts, but you can't go past a certain page. It seems to just go away on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've had the issue on the touch site with a few threads but never on the desktop site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Having same issue also.... Whassup??

All is right with the world..

.. tis back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Yeah, that created a bit of confusion here too. It looks to have been caused by a massive thread split performed by one of the mods which completely destroyed the pagination for awhile. Caches have all flushed out now, panic over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

a great use of that thread tag if there ever was one.

Emmmm.. seemed to be b0rked again!

Last post for me now "Yesterday, 22:20".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Guys, not to rush you, but I'm getting hives here, how will I know if I lost if I can't see the things to laugh at!!! Ahhhh....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My guess here is that one of the mods is going through the thread and stripping out reposts in order to reduce the post count on the thread.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Emmmm.. seemed to be b0rked again!

Last post for me now "Yesterday, 22:20".

Mod is now deleting posts now. It will clear itself up in a few minutes.

(crosses fingers)

seamus wrote: »
    I have seen this happen before, more often on the touch site where YLYL shows new posts, but you can't go past a certain page. It seems to just go away on its own.

From digging through some code that actually makes a lot of sense. There's a cache key on touch that lasts a day while the equivalent on vbulletin only lasts for an hour.

Anyway, we've hunted down the relevant cache keys and killed them. Things should be back to normal now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Sorry guys I assume it is me that is causing it

Cleaning up the thread, in future this will happen on a weekly basis rather than in bulk so hopefully wont cause any issues

It's OK, we have scripts at the ready now to kill the cache keys that are causing the problem.

Are you done with this clean up now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

It's OK, we have scripts at the ready now to kill the cache keys that are causing the problem.

Are you done with this clean up now?

Almost, have about another 400 posts to go through before I hit the end of the thread so maybe another 30 - 40 posts to delete

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement