Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭I hate school

Good enough except got loads of homework :( What about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Indiego wrote: »
    How was everyones day? :)

Pretty good :) and yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Good enough except got loads of homework :( What about you?
    ah grand, spent the day doing f all.. :L :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Hey guysss - so emailed two more places - didn't get any response... my morale is at an all time law :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

SChique00 wrote: »
    Hey guysss - so emailed two more places - didn't get any response... my morale is at an all time law :(

Can we see the email ? :P

• Advertisement

Hey guysss - so emailed two more places - didn't get any response... my morale is at an all time low :(

That sucks, what kinda job you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

paddyzk wrote: »

'Kay sure - highly censored but you get the gist ;)
    8th May 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

my name is Sarah ****, and I am a Transition Year student in **** **** ****. I am very interested in gaining the opportunity to work with your newspaper during May as part of my mandatory work experience. Journalism has always been a field that has appealed to the creative writer within me, and I feel I have the basic skills necessary to develop to my full potential as a writer - skills which I could hopefully develop further if I were given the opportunity to work in a long established and respected publication such as yours. Please be assured of my eagerness to give of my best while working, my respect for the workplace and my ability to quickly grasp new ideas and skills.

Publications such as **** **** **** have always amazed me - the capacity of a team of journalists to release a new issue every week, and what's more, an issue of such a high literary standard and variety inspires me to write as much as I can to strengthen both my skill and passion for writing. My dates for work experience are the **** to the **** of May 2012, and I would be extremely appreciative if you consider me for a placement. Please find my CV attached to this letter. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact me via email.

Yours sincerely,
    Sarah ****

8th May 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

my name is Sarah ****, and I am a Transition Year student in **** **** ****. I am very interested in gaining the opportunity to work with your newspaper during May as part of my mandatory work experience. Journalism has always been a field that has appealed to the creative writer within me, and I feel I have the basic skills necessary to develop to my full potential as a writer - skills which I could hopefully develop further if I were given the opportunity to work in a long established and respected publication such as yours. Please be assured of my eagerness to give of my best while working, my respect for the workplace and my ability to quickly grasp new ideas and skills.

Publications such as **** **** **** have always amazed me - the capacity of a team of journalists to release a new issue every week, and what's more, an issue of such a high literary standard and variety inspires me to write as much as I can to strengthen both my skill and passion for writing. My dates for work experience are the **** to the **** of May 2012, and I would be extremely appreciative if you consider me for a placement. Please find my CV attached to this letter. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact me via email.

Yours sincerely,
    Sarah ****
    I can't see too much wrong with this so maybe they aren't interested in hiring anyone? .. Mind if we see you CV?

Lads for english I've been getting fcuk all homewrok lately, I was thinking of just doing some q's myself and asking my teacher to correct them.. do any of you do this? ...She probably will correct them no bother but I don't wanna look like a nerd being the only one handing up work as well :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

8th May 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours sincerely,
    Sarah ****

Sarah, the problem is you sound like a c unt.
    Just say, story lads, any chance of some work experience? Right, sound thanks.
    Yours would've been my second choice personally, but it'll do :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Lads for english I've been getting fcuk all homewrok lately, I was thinking of just doing some q's myself and asking my teacher to correct them.. do any of you do this? ...She probably will correct them no bother but I don't wanna look like a nerd being the only one handing up work as well :/
    Hello Guys :)

I applied for a job today, not really expecting much it was just a wild chance :L
    They used to have an ad on their website asking for teenagers to apply for jobs with them, but its gone now, but hopefully the offer still stands XD

I have a hardback for paper 2 which I hand up to my teacher on a regular basis.
    Don't worry about looking like a nerd all the others in your class won't do half as well :)

I applied for a job today, not really expecting much it was just a wild chance :L
    They used to have an ad on their website asking for teenagers to apply for jobs with them, but its gone now, but hopefully the offer still stands XD

What kind of job :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Mwahaha I have a job in a local shop, but where did you apply? Good luck, it's too handy.

I may start looking for a job :L ... Last year all I did was ring my neighbour ''Hello ********'' ''Yeah hi'' ''Just wondering if there's any chance of some work this summer?'' ''Yeah I do actually, be down here on Monday the **th at 9am'' ''Great thanks'' ...done. :cool:

No cv, no fancy letters.. nothing :P and I could walk to work then as well :P

What kind of job :L
    Its like a science summer camp thingy :P

8th May 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours sincerely,
    Sarah ****
    I was think of enquiring about an internship this summer at a local newspaper. :) Could be good.. Just for the experience tbh.. :P

Mwahaha I have a job in a local shop, but where did you apply? Good luck, it's too handy.
    It was a summer camp I applied to, but thats only for like 3 weekends in july, but Im gonna go and hand around some CVs around the town and see what happens :L :L

Lucky :O

• Advertisement

Ah you'd be well sorted for that! :)

Lucky :O
    If I get it, see they want 16 year olds, but Ill be 16 when theyre on, but not at this point in time XD

A girl can wish though :') Cos I have good work experience for it, Ive done work with kids and in science, so hopefully Ill get something :D

If I get it, see they want 16 year olds, but Ill be 16 when theyre on, but not at this point in time XD

A girl can wish though :') Cos I have good work experience for it, Ive done work with kids and in science, so hopefully Ill get something :D
    What experience do you have in Science? :) If you don't mind me asking :L

Sounds like a very cool job.. :D ... The one I did last year couldn't have been more boring :P

Have a business mock in the morning,teacher is charging 5euro to get it get corrected.

Cheeky b!tch :L

Bazinga_N wrote: »

She cured Polio.

Have a business mock in the morning,teacher is charging 5euro to get it get corrected.

Cheeky b!tch :L

Well we paid €100 for all our mocks to be corrected, and they all came back corrected wrong :L ... except for woodwork :L

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I did some work experience in a pharmaceutical company, and I did a mentoring week in Trinity :D

I did some work experience in a pharmaceutical company, and I did a mentoring week in Trinity :D
    Oh Cool.. :) Hope you get it so..

• Advertisement

Sounds cool, you know Ireland has one of the largest pharmaceutical industries in europe.... although a lot of them are moving elsewhere as there isn't enough qualified people to work in them.. even though they pay great :/

Advertisement