Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was I Misleading or Just not intrested ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

So you left the night club when it was closing?
    So we can assume this is around 2am.

Then he spends money on a bottle of wine.
    What I want to know is where he bought a bottle of wine at 2am.

Suspicious fox is suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

How did all these posters pick all this up just by a mere 'z' by the OP:confused: ...pretty impressive.

As for the bloke you brought back, couldn't you just have given him a handjob and give him the 'call-me' sign when he's leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

So what if she acted coy? I suppose she shouldn't of wearing one of those tight shawls or flashed her ankles either.

She didn't act coy, she was very misleading and probably made him feel like a fool.

She should of told him when he arrived at the house that she wasn't interested instead of holding his hand and kissing him.

I know she didn't do it purposely but I feel bad for the guy spending how long in the house with nobody that he knew before being told he's not wanted and then having to walk home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

foxyboxer wrote: »
    So you left the night club when it was closing?
    So we can assume this is around 2am.

Then he spends money on a bottle of wine.
    What I want to know is where he bought a bottle of wine at 2am.

Suspicious fox is suspicious.

There are quite a few places who will oblige you for a hefty price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

du Maurier wrote: »
    There are quite a few places who will oblige you for a hefty price.

Barman:"What'll it be young man?"
    Guy:"Just been shifting this young wan from a club and shes asked me back to a gaff"
    Barman:"Ok, let me rephrase the question, red or white?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

prinz wrote: »
    So after she describes it being kind of creepy that the guy showed up on his own at her friends place "for her" what was her reaction? She kind of skips that part and goes straight to them kissing and holding hands... which she describes as "him being up in her face" or some such. Sounds to me like she was a willing participant no? So why was he up in her face? Was she not up in his? She went along with it. Then when she gets the vibe that he wants to sleep with her, does she say 'Eh no, not going to happen'?....... nope she runs to the toilet with her besties and hides hoping he'll take the hint, only when he doesn't they emerge to actually you know talk to him.

What I am saying is she could have acted like an adult and been upfront at any stage. Instead she played the game herself and then made disparaging remarks about the fella 'creepy/in my face' etc etc. "No means no" isn't an excuse to play mind games with people in the meantime.

Yer man will get over it, the OP needs to learn some common sense and manners, she's 24, not 14, hiding out in the toilets doesn't really cut it anymore, when she's invited a stranger to her friends house.

So what she is a little immature and perhaps naive but she is still entitled to disappoint a guy. She was not duty bound to have sex with the guy on the grounds of a snog and letting the guy go back to a supposed party.

If I was that guy I would have felt misled but I know the casual sex game and if you play, these things will happen. But in the end a woman decides the outcome most of the time.

I also have a reverse story, I once brought someone back and I suddenly was not in the humour and I wanted her to leave, (a friends sister) on sobering up slightly I realised this was a bad idea.

guitarzero wrote: »
    How did all these posters pick all this up just by a mere 'z' by the OP:confused: ...pretty impressive.

As for the bloke you brought back, couldn't you just have given him a handjob and give him the 'call-me' sign when he's leaving?

Edited.

Spoil Sport!

Part of me thinks that if the fella had gone back to the house with a bottle of wine, gave a cursory "Howya" to the OP and proceeded to pay her no more attention whilst enjoying his vino as he mingled with the assorted house party guests, he probably would have a very sore mickey this morning :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Part of me thinks that if the fella had gone back to the house with a bottle of wine, gave a cursory "Howya" to the OP and proceeded to pay her no more attention whilst enjoying his vino as he mingled with the assorted house party guests, he probably would have a very sore mickey this morning :pac:

Ha. Probably true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

He should have copped off with one of her mates!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

knowit12 wrote: »
    Kissing someone isn't and invite into a person knickers

It's generally seen as an informal invite anyway. I assume the OP has some sort of contract she hands prospective shags to formalise it.

What a blueballer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

smash wrote: »
    This aint going to end well

He's started as he means to continue so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

So the OP's closed her account.

She did make a few mistakes, sure, kissing him and inviting him back, then hiding in the bathroom, but I think some people were a bit harsh on the OP.

How often do silly things like this happen on nights out in Ireland, where people give mixed signals and wires get crossed?

It's easy with hindsight to say she should've just flat out told the guy she wasn't interested, but how many people would be so blunt?
    And you have to remember this happened late at night, with drink taken.
    Both parties made some mistakes, but it was hardly a big deal, and it's the kind of thing that happens all the time.

Some of the tags ("blue balling burd [sic]," "knowit12 is frigid") say a lot really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

So the OP's closed her account.

She did make a few mistakes, sure, kissing him and inviting him back, then hiding in the bathroom, but I think some people were a bit harsh on the OP.

How often do silly things like this happen on nights out in Ireland, where people give mixed signals and wires get crossed?

It's easy with hindsight to say she should've just flat out told the guy she wasn't interested, but how many people would be so blunt?
    And you have to remember this happened late at night, with drink taken.
    Both parties made some mistakes, but it was hardly a big deal, and it's the kind of thing that happens all the time.

Completely agree. If only she had posted it in Personal Issues instead, she would have had a more sympathetic crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

She knew what responses she would get here. FFS. She knew she was in the wrong. Okay, so invite back for drinks isn't an invite for sex, but that's generally how these things progress. I think she's learned a lesson from this - be an adult and if you're not interested, say so. It's not a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

OPs gone, we will leave it at that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement