Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was I Misleading or Just not intrested ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Poor OP. With friends invited too I see why she would've thought nothing of it. Whatever about all that though,he assumed,and got upset. If you did track him down, I seriously doubt saying sorry will make a huge difference either way to him.

Don't feel bad for too long,you'll likely piss a lot of people off without realising it.learn from it and move on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

knowit12 wrote: »
    not for a sex session.
    Please do not call it that.
    Kissing someone isn't and invite into a person knickers and anyone that thinks it is are either hanging out with sluts or have major ego issues.

That's still being very naive. And it wasn't the kissing that resulted in his expectation, everyone shifts and fecks off in a club, it was the invite back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

You led him on, as a prick tease, and then drove at speed past him whilst he was stuck an hour from home, alone!

Nice one OP. Nice one.

Jesus, the last thing she'd want to do is pick him up in the taxi even if she did see him. How awkward would that be arriving at his house (obviously couldn't go to hers first as he'd know where she lived) and then rejecting the poor guy again...... after asking for taxi fare.......

No, fellas have to go through these trials, it's character building. I found myself in a similar situation years ago but worse it was in the middle of nowhere. Took me over 3 hours to get home and I had to dump my shoes after stepping in something extremely foul and unidentifiable.

As was stated in a previous post, when relaying the tale to friends never tell the truth and you always got the ride. In this fellas case he went back to a house with a girl and was gone for a few hours ergo he got lucky. The ego massaging from his friends will help him over the trauma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I feel bad for that poor lad! As for being creepy it sounds like he might have been trying to make you comfortable or something... you obviously weren't and he probably picked up on that. He definitely felt like crap walking home, and after making a tool out of himself because he thought he'd get laid.

You could have explained to him you were just out of a relationship and all that. I hope he didn't see you in the taxi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭knowit12

--LOS-- wrote: »
    You definitely led him on unless you are incredibly naive which I find hard to reconcile when you are 24 and have had a long term relationship. 6 years and you're not heartbroken btw?

Sorry WTF has that got to do with it - I wasn't here to talk about my relationship and i'm not going to get into it. That's personal and nothing to do with this topic. You don't know me or what kind of relationship I had

Anyway I would say the same if it was the girl who had expected sex and it was the guy who was surprised and didn't see what he was getting into after having kissed a girl and then followed her home to a party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Next time try talking to the person.. not running to the bathroom and hiding. The lad must've felt a right clown at a houseparty fulll of strangers, where the only person he knew and the one who invited him was plotting with her friends in the toilet.

Pair of yes in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Ha this is the funniest story i read in a long time.Just imagine him OP sitting at home after **** with tears streaming down his face with a bottle of Jack Daniels listening to Nazareth Love hurts:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Taxi driver probably went back to collect him after he dropped OP off.

Taxi driver: Need a lift?
    Unholy One: Sorry, can't. No money. Kiss, bottle of wine, invited back, didn't get the royid. :(
    Taxi driver: That bitch.

*gives guy a lift home*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

Kissing someone isn't and invite into a person knickers

Ya've ever been to copper so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ghost_of_ED209

Jeez, give the OP a break.. Everyone survived, the dude will get over it, life goes on..

Don't stress too much over these things.. You live you learn....

• Advertisement

Ha this is the funniest story i read in a long time.Just imagine him OP sitting at home after **** with tears streaming down his face with a bottle of Jack Daniels listening to Nazareth Love hurts:D:D

With his feet in a basin of luke warm water.

Poor guy probably has blisters on his feet... and later he'll have a blister on his knob. Thanks to OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Guys is probably going to turn into a serial killer who targets women that look like the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

OP no means no, its your prerogative. Was the guy disappointed, you bet. But that is the dice he rolled, If it had not happened to that guy before it will happen to him at some stage again.

Me and my mate met some Americans on a train going to Cork to see U2. We got them drinks, we carried their luggage around cork, got them Acc, we then got them into the concert for free (my mate was a guard), one of them was on my shoulders for half the concert. We then got them something to eat and walked them back to the B and B, me and my mate then both got a peck on the cheek, we were called nice guys and then a goodnight.

We slept in the hall of the B and B feeling like chumps. But that's the way it happens sometime, we just shrugged our shoulders and quietly vanished the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Ok so i'm recently only out a long term relationship - not heartbroken just getting use to single life.. and actually quite enjoying been on my own and having my own independance.

Was out last weekend with friends - few drinks up dancing, having the laugh - the usual....
    These guys come over and start chatting to us, seemed really nice, was chatting away to one of them , bla bla bla, then next thing I knew I was kissing him.

night club starts to close & we where heading back to a freinds house to contuine the session - was like to the guy I was kissing "ah come back to the party we're going to - bring your freinds"

We arrive at the house and the guy comes in - on his own......
    his mates had all gone back to we're they lived which was a good hours drive from where we were at :/
    Was kind of questioning him as to way he came back if all his mates had gone and he was like "I came back for you".. this was nice but kind of creepy has id literally only kissed him an hr b4 that.

Anyways has the night when on I just felt he was to in my face (all over me) we where sitting on the chair like a little teenage couple , holding hands and kissing - and was getting the whole we are gonna fcuk vibe off him - it just felt awxward ... and i suddenly just did not want to be near him :/

Spoke to my freind about how I was feeling and she taught this was hilarious.. I felt awful - hadn't got a clue wat to say or how to let him down.
    He knew something was up as I wouldn't come out of the toilets for ages while me and my freind taught of an excuse to get rid of him and let him down gentely, without been a right out bitch about it.

Eventually I just went out and said something, can't remeber what I said but he got the picture and he was extermally pissed off .. telling me that I could have said something earlier and why was I leading him a long...

At this stage I felt bloody awful, he was in the house where he knew no one and was after spending the remainder on his money on a bottle of wine out of the night club that I had drinkin with him :/

so after about half an hr he gets up and leaves, comes over gives me a kiss and says it was nice meeting you.. Felt really crap at this stage, but still had no kind of attraction againist him.

hop into a taxi about 20 mins after and there he is walking all by himself down this long road - the taxi was honestly going at spead so by the time I relised it was him -the taxi had driving off loads.

I'm honestly not a usualy a hard bitch like that - and would never lead anyone a long.
    I think a lot of it was to do with the fact that im only out of a relationship and i'm not use to the whole picking up a guy on a night out and then possible having a one night stand with them :/
    Then it could of been that I just wasn't attracted to him and it seemed like a good idea at the start of the night...?

Anyways would appericate some opinions on it ?

has not left my head since it happend as I've felt awful for the way I left it and I feel like I was a right straight out bitch ?
    Am I over reacting ?
    - tried finding him on FB to aplogies through an email but couldn't find him..

has anyone else ever been in a sistuation similar?

A situation where I ended up not getting the ride? Yes unfortunately :(

But then I keep a contingency in my basement for such outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

OP, you do seem a little naive but that is understandable as you were in a long term relationship from a young age. You have to start thinking like a single person, kissing this chap and inviting him back and continuing to be affectionate with him back at the house. I'm not surprised he thought maybe something more could happen.

Looking for him on facebook to apologise, I'd forget about it. Chalk this up to experience, there was no harm done, get on with your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Fart wrote: »
    With his feet in a basin of luke warm water.

Poor guy probably has blisters on his feet... and later he'll have a blister on his knob. Thanks to OP.

Was it not a mere hour's walk he had to 'endure'?:pac: Blisters! He must have been wearing her heels home so..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Peetrik wrote: »
    instead of that he was pubically rejected

FFS has the lingo changed again? I'm just getting used to 'meeting' :mad:

44leto wrote: »
    ...one of them was on my shoulders for half the concert.

Which way was she facing? *fap fap fap fap*

OP no means no, its your prerogative..

It's also not a license to treat people like crap. The OP could easily have made herself clear at any stage. She chose to be 'coy' about it. Then acted like a 12 year old at a birthday party.

The fella will get over it. The OP should have made herself clear like an adult.

• Advertisement

du Maurier wrote: »
    Was it not a mere hour's walk he had to 'endure'?:pac: Blisters! He must have been wearing her heels home so..

Obviously he had to take a long detour to take his mind off things... a **** in the local park, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

prinz wrote: »
    It's also not a license to treat people like crap. The OP could easily have made herself clear at any stage. She chose to be 'coy' about it. Then acted like a 12 year old at a birthday party.

The fella will get over it. The OP should have made herself clear like an adult.

I don't agree perhaps she sobered up when she got back to her friends place and changed her mind, or perhaps became soberly aware she was not in a place she wanted to be.

It is still her choice and a risk the guy makes on what he assumed was a promise. We have all made stupid drunk based assertions and I bet you have shared a taxi with someone on a hope only to end up going home alone in that taxi.

Its all part of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

prinz wrote: »

So what if she acted coy? I suppose she shouldn't of wearing one of those tight shawls or flashed her ankles either.

Fart wrote: »
    Which way was she facing? *fap fap fap fap*

:(:(:(:(:( need I say anymore. She was a good Christian women, unfortunately not the jerry Springer type of American.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Feeona wrote: »
    FFS has the lingo changed again? I'm just getting used to 'meeting' :mad:

*publicly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Kissing someone isn't and invite into a person knickers and anyone that thinks it is are either hanging out with sluts or have major ego issues.

Easy tiger... female sluts are God's gift to mankind.

:(:(:(:(:( need I say anymore. She was a good Christian women, unfortunately not the jerry Springer type of American.

Damn! Just as well though, It would have felt like you had braces in your teeth for the whole gig because of that chastity belt she was wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Peetrik wrote: »
    *publicly

:)

• Advertisement

I don't agree perhaps she sobered up when she got back to her friends place and changed her mind, or perhaps became soberly aware she was not in a place she wanted to be..

So after she describes it being kind of creepy that the guy showed up on his own at her friends place "for her" what was her reaction? She kind of skips that part and goes straight to them kissing and holding hands... which she describes as "him being up in her face" or some such. Sounds to me like she was a willing participant no? So why was he up in her face? Was she not up in his? She went along with it. Then when she gets the vibe that he wants to sleep with her, does she say 'Eh no, not going to happen'?....... nope she runs to the toilet with her besties and hides hoping he'll take the hint, only when he doesn't they emerge to actually you know talk to him.

What I am saying is she could have acted like an adult and been upfront at any stage. Instead she played the game herself and then made disparaging remarks about the fella 'creepy/in my face' etc etc. "No means no" isn't an excuse to play mind games with people in the meantime.

Yer man will get over it, the OP needs to learn some common sense and manners, she's 24, not 14, hiding out in the toilets doesn't really cut it anymore, when she's invited a stranger to her friends house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement