Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seth McFarlane's Ted (2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I thought it was very funny anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CWF wrote: »
    My friends FB status sums it up for me, we saw it in Aus this evening.

Well, Ted has to go down as the worst movie I've ever seen in a cinema. And I've even sat through Dear John of all things. It was like getting all the mongiest shows like two and a half men, how i met your mother and the big bang theory and smushing them all together to create one train wreck of a dribbler fest. 7.8 it got on IMDB as well!. And there were actually people near us that were laughing! One toothless hick even clapped in delight at one scene. Now i don't mind the people who like those shows, different strokes and all that. I might judge you a little but in the long run, its ok, I still like you. But I refuse to believe that anyone I know could find this movie in the slightest bit funny. Seth Macfarlane is just taking the piss at this stage. Now I know its not out yet in Ireland so nobody probably cares. But I can only assume there's been an inexplicably orgasmic reaction to the trailer like there was here. So if you feel compelled to put yourself through it, bring a bag of tomatoes and aim them at any witless turbomelt that dares laugh. No man, woman or child should find this funny. And yet they do. I really don't understand! I think this is the moment I've lost faith in all humanity...

Does your friend watch films with a smoking jacket while eating a crumpet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well, Ted has to go down as the worst movie I've ever seen in a cinema. And I've even sat through Dear John of all things. It was like getting all the mongiest shows like two and a half men, how i met your mother and the big bang theory and smushing them all together to create one train wreck of a dribbler fest. 7.8 it got on IMDB as well!. And there were actually people near us that were laughing! One toothless hick even clapped in delight at one scene. Now i don't mind the people who like those shows, different strokes and all that. I might judge you a little but in the long run, its ok, I still like you. But I refuse to believe that anyone I know could find this movie in the slightest bit funny. Seth Macfarlane is just taking the piss at this stage. Now I know its not out yet in Ireland so nobody probably cares. But I can only assume there's been an inexplicably orgasmic reaction to the trailer like there was here. So if you feel compelled to put yourself through it, bring a bag of tomatoes and aim them at any witless turbomelt that dares laugh. No man, woman or child should find this funny. And yet they do. I really don't understand! I think this is the moment I've lost faith in all humanity...

Your friend sounds like an ass.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Your friend's superiority complex has galvanised me into liking the film before I've even watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I want to see Ted several times purely because of that hideous Facebook post.

Nice try Seth Macfarlane...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tell your friend to go easy on the hyperbole in future, he makes him sound like an ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That's pathetic tbh.

"People didn't have the exact same opinion as me. Therefore they must be wrong."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I like your friend, CWF.

Seems like a right stand up fellow. I would like to hear some more of his ramblings, probably about how kids have nothing else to do but listen to their walkie talkies while playing the nintendo.
    :p

I dont think i'll be going to see this. My opinion of Seth Macf has declined since I seen his cavalcade of cartoon comedy dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

CMpunked wrote: »
    I like your friend, CWF.

Seems like a right stand up fellow. I would like to hear some more of his ramblings, probably about how kids have nothing else to do but listen to their walkie talkies while playing the nintendo.
    :p

I dont think i'll be going to see this. My opinion of Seth Macf has declined since I seen his cavalcade of cartoon comedy dvd.

Yeah that was fairly hit and miss tbh, but the Fat Jesus skit was funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I might see this purely because of Mila Kunis :pac: is the bear voiced by the guy who does Peter in family guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

cloud493 wrote: »
    is the bear voiced by the guy who does Peter in family guy?

Yes, also Stewie, Brian, Quagmire, and others. That's Seth MacFarlane.

Anachrony wrote: »
    Yes, also Stewie, Brian, Quagmire, and others. That's Seth MacFarlane.

........... Mind blown

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cloud493 wrote: »
    ........... Mind blown
    Mila Kunis voices Meg
    Patrick Warburton from Rules of Engagement voices Joe.

Both of these also appear in TED

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Good few laughs in it in my opinion. Wasn't super or anything but I would recommend it for a few giggles.

So its a family guy love fest :rolleyes: still the trailer was pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Watched this today,thought it was a funny flick with a few good one liners in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I liked it and this is from a guy who found Family Guy very old from around S4, so I'm no McFarlane fanboy.

Coulda done without it getting a bit over-dramatic in parts, just keep the plot light and a prop to tell more jokes, and keep it funny. At times it felt like it switched to a kids movie: overly-sentimental and mushy.

But there were enough genuine laugh out loud moments in it to forgive that. I'd watch a sequel. Still think 21 Jump Street is the funniest film of the year I've seen, but this would be second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

going see this for mila

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

manlad wrote: »
    Watched it last night here in Oz. Therewas some funny one liners, wahlberg did alright, kind of reminded me of his character in the other guys. Only annoying part was they threw most of the best gags into the trailer. Worth a watch anyway I.M.O

Yes Wahlberg's John reminded me also of his character from The Other Guys overall quite funny and loved
    Ryan Reynolds cameo

Joel McHale is only ever not annoying in Community

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Saw it last night in the Point Village Odeon. Few very funny parts. On a whole, it's a funny film, nothing to go mad about. Seth should stick to making Family Guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I enjoyed it, not a great movie but some great gags .. the cinema and myself were belly laughing throughout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Just out of the today fm showing in the lighthouse, first time watching a flick there, my god the seats are comfy for 90mins!
    Id sat down in them briefly while working at the JDiff for a few mins, never properly.

Thought it was good, some of the jokes i was laughing at i found the rest of the place didn't get.
    I do think as a family guy fan it helps, was surprised by a few things, the changing lines from the trailer was a nice surprise.

good fun all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Some very funny 1 liners and scenes,a couple of predictable schmaltzy scenes but overall a decent comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yeah it no Oscar winner but some great understated gags that kept me belly laughing throughout. Best cameo ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I thought it was pretty average overall. One or two good gags but meh it was watchable and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Half decent movie, although i found it a little annoying as the funniest moment was at the end when Ted
    Woke up supposedly all messed up from the stuffing put back in wrong.
    Got the biggest laugh out of me anyway. Thought it could have been a lot funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I loved it. It was McFarlane at Season 1 through 3 of Family Guy imo. If you like that show back then and you haven't "grown up" you should enjoy this! Not sure if I need spoiler this but just to be safe:
    Patrick Stewart is fantastic as the narrator and has strangely found, like his predecessor on Star Trek, that turning your character into a comedy version of himself works great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Great film, really enjoyed it.

Mila Kunis is so ****in pretty...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Quite predictable, but very funny in parts. Most of the funny stuff was in the trailer, but I enjoyed the banter between Ted and John, and the cameos were great. Overall, an enjoyable flick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought it would be funnier. It was a classic case of throwing jokes at the wall and seeing what sticks (which is similar to what FG/AD/TCS do).

Enjoyed it, though.

Advertisement