Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seth McFarlane's Ted (2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Definitely been looking forward to this.

Big fan of McFarlanes work and I've never taken to Mark Wahlberg, until The Other Guys where I thought he was tremendously funny.

I just don't really enjoy him in his " epic serious action " guy role, and while I liked The Fighter, I've taken to him alot more with his comedic side.

The guessing the name part shouldn't be that funny, but the reaction put me into stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

The trailer looks good for this film. They could have used Adam West for the laugh to do the voice for Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

To all the haters; My mom introduced me to this trailer because she thought it was hilarious...I now consider my own mother cooler than all you guys and she has a very low level of swag.

McFarlane is not a very popular guy for no reason, he has a huge fan base. I dont understand why you are all coming in here trying to claim your sense of humor is more advanced than everyone elses. Guess what, I heard the same joke twice before...I laughed both times, so shoot me!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gandalph wrote: »
    To all the haters; My mom introduced me to this trailer because she thought it was hilarious...I now consider my own mother cooler than all you guys and she has a very low level of swag.
    She can probably get a cream for that! :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Basq wrote: »
    She can probably get a cream for that! :confused:

i think ted looks ****e, but i laughed quite a bit at this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I have a slightly odd fascination with bears so the idea of a film based around a talking teddy bear is my idea of film heaven. Weird I know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I have a slightly odd fascination with bears so the idea of a film based around a talking teddy bear is my idea of film heaven. Weird I know :pac:

Check this out so

This shoud kill your idea of heaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Looks a bit similar to "Paul" with Seth Rogen, except more crass and a teddy instead of an Alien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Check this out so

I used to work in a pizzeria where we had a screen playing that film in loops for my whole shift, I can probably repeat it word for word. It was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I like when Wahlberg gets to play silly roles. His listing in the trailer did a lot more for me than the crass talking bear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Looks a bit similar to "Paul" with Seth Rogen, except more crass and a teddy instead of an Alien

Nah its not like macfarlane to recycle already established ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

McFarlane is not a very popular guy for no reason, he has a huge fan base. I dont understand why you are all coming in here trying to claim your sense of humor is more advanced than everyone elses.

Narcissism and insecurity.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Check this out so

At least it gave us the most suggestive kids' movie poster of all time...

yogi-bear-tagline__oPt.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yogi Bear was a masterpiece, a medition on the nature of celebrity and myth making. A beautifully shot, poetic deconstruction of an american hero. Philistines. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

McFarlane is not a very popular guy for no reason, he has a huge fan base. I dont understand why you are all coming in here trying to claim your sense of humor is more advanced than everyone elses. Guess what, I heard the same joke twice before...I laughed both times, so shoot me!

Absolutely nobody came in here to claim this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

I hate Set McFarlene

But I'm willing to give this a chance because I love Wahlberg in The Other Guys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

its no black swan anyway.

it looks ****ing dreadful but the xfactor watching birdseye waffle eating sheeple will lap it up

it looks ****ing dreadful but the xfactor watching birdseye waffle eating sheeple will lap it up

Jesus. Narcissistic arrogance at its most pathetic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You know that was probably a windup, right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Cant stand MacFarlene, but based on the concept I was more then willing to give it a go. That is, until I saw the trailer. Good cast but MacFarlene's voice is like nails on a blackboard to me, and on top of that, all the jokes were sh1te. The thunder song thing was cringeworthy.

• Advertisement

The emos have take over. They're right though. This looks wholly unfunny.

I'm comfortable with that. the 3 stripe trackie bottom and curry chip brigade will love this tripe. Haha a teddy doing a bong. Its chewing gum for the mind. Lowest common denominator humour. I've no doubt it will do amazingly well and the beer swilling jersey shore loving majority will be eulogising about it in smoking areas at the weekend like dysfunctional versions of Barry Norman . Watch this .... No way. I'd rather have a bath with my grandad.

As Duncan bannatyne would say ....." I'm out".

Huh, I guess it wasn't a wind-up. I just thought McFarlane had gone very 1-note & lost any skill he had. Some angry, angry young people in this thread.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Huh, I guess it wasn't a wind-up. I just thought McFarlane had gone very 1-note & lost any skill he had. Some angry, angry young people in this thread.
    indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

A leacture on being cool from someone who has Gandalph as a username, gets movie recommendations from his mam, and listens to Cher Lloyd. Not to mention this
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I'm comfortable with that. the 3 stripe trackie bottom and curry chip brigade will love this tripe. Haha a teddy doing a bong. Its chewing gum for the mind. Lowest common denominator humour. I've no doubt it will do amazingly well and the beer swilling jersey shore loving majority will be eulogising about it in smoking areas at the weekend like dysfunctional versions of Barry Norman . Watch this .... No way. I'd rather have a bath with my grandad.

Please do mock the people who look forward to this movie and assume they're all idiots that soak up crap tv and movies whilst you quote a crappy "for the masses" reality tv show.

I laughed my head off at the trailer even if I haven't enjoyed McFarlane's latest work. Can't wait to see it.

I'm comfortable with that. the 3 stripe trackie bottom and curry chip brigade will love this tripe.

Sir, I bow to your sophisticated tastes and general superiority.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,105 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wow so this thread has spiraled off in various unpleasant directions.

Let's play nice everyone. Any more insults - personal or general - shall be treated with a swift virtual boot to the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Is it just me or is it a bit ironic that a Grant Theft Auto moderator thanked this post ;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You all have lovely bottoms.

Advertisement