Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do guys seem to love Spanish girls?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Socialite

Wibbs wrote: »
    Y

They wouldn't be alone in that. That would be a difference I've noticed in other countries(esp the Latin nations) compared to Ireland. You have more women(and men) here that self describe as "big/cuddly/curvy" when they're simply carrying extra fat. Our cultural cut off for porky seems to be at least two dress sizes/belt notches bigger. One ex of mine had a mate whose nickname(if they were being bitchy) was Gordita, little fatty. She was no bigger than a size 12. An Italian ex of mine had a similar sized woman in their group and again she was considered "fat". The rest of the women were size 6/8/10 and among their boyfriends/male mates there were maybe two who had the beginnings of a gut. That seems less culturally acceptable for want of a better word elsewhere again more in the Latin nations(though the Scandinavian and Eastern European nations would be similar IME).

Let me tell you is actually a bit more complex than that, hispanic/latin society is ****! since girls are little are taught than skinny equals beauty, that their self-worth depends on their looks! Being not skinny, makes you "ugly" somehow, the whole society is focus in having a skinny frame, bt actually latin women are more curvy, than white girls (russians etc), with curvy I do not mean fat, therefore rate of anorexia and bulimia, is bigger than you would ever imagine, girls actually passing out in schools, 13 years old starving themselves to fit in the "right stereotype", being a young person with a size 12 can make you feel like a "second class" citizen in this type of culture! people is always worried about what they are eating! Hispanic guys would any go any time any day with a skinny girl than a no "that" skinny one!

how do i know this? well Im hispanic, thou Im not really olive skinned, bt I can catch a nice tan very easy, how do I know about eating disorders? well I grow up surrounded by them! nothing better than society telling you are not thin enough, so you can starve yourself and puke your life away, literally!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Socialite wrote: »
    girls actually passing out in schools,
    It happened everyday in my school... the ambulance guy was a regular there...

:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Let me tell you is actually a bit more complex than that, hispanic/latin society is ****!
    Is this Spanish culture or Hispanic(Spanish/Amerindian? Slight difference.
    since girls are little are taught than skinny equals beauty, that their self-worth depends on their looks! Being not skinny, makes you "ugly" somehow, the whole society is focus in having a skinny frame,
    From what I've experienced of Spanish culture I'd agree. We get the same in Ireland, but not to nearly the same degree. We also seem to ignore it more. I'd reckon that Irish men make some difference here. We're not nearly as obsessed with weight/fat as Latin men in general. Some of the ladies reading After Hours may be suspicious of this, but ask any woman who has lived in a country lie Spain or Italy and a few others. The men are much more judgmental physically.
    actually latin women are more curvy, than white girls (russians etc), with curvy I do not mean fat,
    I dunno. They're generally smaller framed, shorter and with smaller breasts in my experience anyway. In Spain/Italy anyway. That said Spain now has the highest levels of childhood obesity in the EU so things are changing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Because they're different.

I'm latin, but I prefer pastey white girls to the tanned ones. Works both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

ah ya cant bate a good irish girl( coz they`ll call the guards)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Dark skin, Dark Hair and not a ginger in sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Socialite

Barna77 wrote: »
    It happened everyday in my school... the ambulance guy was a regular there...

yes, but here the case is way bigger, a strong campaign over the internet trying to shut down, the stoppable number of pro anorexia and bulimia blogs, in spain there is a slogan saying "save our princesses" as this girls with eating disorders called themselves "princesses" as a princess symbolizes a happy life and perfection. In other countries people give more awareness about drugs, bt for hispanics dieting is the drug! I know a lot about it, some years ago, I had to deal with it, and believe me I dont wish that to my worst enemy, it took me WAY too long to get out of it, nothing seems too much or to extreme, even when you purge and blood is coming out, you still going! a complete fight against yourself!

A few many cases of young girls dying, "first dead than fat!" quoting this sites, and news about death wont stop them, as this brazilian which died after only eating lettuce and apples, many start considering her an example! ...in other words this is not fair, why people is pushed into those extremes, irish girls give a ****, they are free and happy, if they got a muffin top, they still feel fab! and thats thanks to the society and you guys should be glad of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Because we're awesome, I suppose.
    pics or gtfo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

as this girls with eating disorders called themselves "princesses" as a princess symbolizes a happy life and perfection.
    Princesas de barrio?

It's all in their heads!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I love London girls, combination of that accent ( posh London accent) and their sense of style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

They're pretty hot alright, I think the average over there would be definitely better than here. However the ugly women over in Spain normally come hand in hand with a nice big black moustache, yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Irish girls seem to be taking better care of themselves, paying more attention to their appearance over the last decade or so. For sure there's some hot Latina and eastern European chicks out there but you can never beat the personality and 'craic' that you'll have with an Irish girl. I am a Latina fan but my Irish girl has many Latina characteristics so I get the best of both worlds! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Spanish men don't get as rat arsed as Irishmen.
    Four inches of make up and a bit of tit squeezed from back fat will not fool them as easily. Even the naturally pretty ones look like drag queens these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

because there the **** ,but seems they stick to there own lads , from what ive seen anyway. so the question is , why dont Spanish girls like Irish men ? :D

This is one thing I noticed living here: Spanish men and women fancy the arses off each other and who can blame them. I've a lot of good-looking foreign friends who don't really get that much of a look in over here...not as much as they'd get at home. My boyffriend is Spanish but he'd be exceptional in that he likes the Northern European blonde look. He really is the exception though. Same goes for the women.

Also, I like Spanish women but I can imagine it's tough to be one. A lot of pressure to conform to a certain weight and look and I'm glad I'm an outsider looking in, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Spanish women yeah they are alright, but sorry, they are no Brazillions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    This is one thing I noticed living here: Spanish men and women fancy the arses off each other and who can blame them. I've a lot of good-looking foreign friends who don't really get that much of a look in over here...not as much as they'd get at home. My boyffriend is Spanish but he'd be exceptional in that he likes the Northern European blonde look. He really is the exception though. Same goes for the women.
    Maybe I'm the odd one out then, cos I'd generally have far more success with Spanish(latin in general) women than Irish women and I'm no Adonis that's for sure.:D Then again more than once I've gotten surprised responses when they heard I was Irish(not just in Spain), so maybe that's it? Dunno why, cos to me I look Irish :confused:
    Also, I like Spanish women but I can imagine it's tough to be one. A lot of pressure to conform to a certain weight and look and I'm glad I'm an outsider looking in, tbh.
    Maybe I was hanging out with different demographics, but I found that stuff a lot less prevalent than with French women for example. Yes they were more conscious of staying trim, but not just the women, the men too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

44leto wrote: »
    Spanish women yeah they are alright, but sorry, they are no Brazillions.

Well, duh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

We like Spanish girls because they are better looking than Irish girls and have less bastard born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I don't love Spanish women and I don't like Spain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

They're not Irish which means they aren't stuck up their own holes or fugly, that's the main attraction.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I found Spaniards always take an interest and flirt and eye me up in Spain and I have blue eyes and am Northern European looking. Your friends must be just uggos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Well, duh!!!

As long as you realise the truth in that statement my work here is done. Now go forth and multiply, preferably with Brazilians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Spanish albino tranny midgets ftw! Much better than the irish ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Also dusky buttocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I have a soft spot(or hard spot - depends) for Scandinavian women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Every guy I know loves going on holidays to Spain because they're going to see Spanish girls over there. Is it cos Spanish girls have dark hair and tans? :confused: Are they seen as exotic. I've heard that particularly English and Irish men love Spanish/Italian women. Just wanted to know why :p:)

I don't find Spanish/Italian girls attractive at all. The tan doesnt do it for me. They are too skinny (flat chested). Give me a pale skinned Irish woman with a bit of meat on her and an ample bosom and I'm happy out!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I havent met a Spanish girl yet that I would say was stunning, yes there are Spanish film stars who are stunning but I havent met them :D

But your average normal Spanish girl wouldn't be my cuppa tea. Way too loud, very tight with money and way too much drama for my liking.

Italian women, pretty much the same.. and egos to boot!!

South american women however are a different story, yes they can be drama queens but for the love of god, they are absolutely stunning!!!!!!

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I found Spaniards always take an interest and flirt and eye me up in Spain and I have blue eyes and am Northern European looking. Your friends must be just uggos!

As supposed to an adonis like yourself?

No, the mates I'm referring to would be exceptionally good looking. They'd get a lot of attention at home but not here.
    By the way, always different experience living somewhere than visiting. It's as if the locals can sense you're just in the place for the crack. And also the kinds of bars you might go to as a tourist would be more like pick up joints. There's place they get plenty of attention mainly because the guys presume they're here for fun and fun only.

By the way, always different experience living somewhere than visiting. It's as if the locals can sense you're just in the place for the crack. And also the kinds of bars you might go to as a tourist would be more like pick up joints. There's place they get plenty of attention mainly because the guys presume they're here for fun and fun only.
    True dat. Plus you get a different vibe depending on whereabouts in a country you are. Spain in particular. It's almost a set of different countries under one flag. Way more than here in Ireland anyway. It's less homogenised.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    True dat. Plus you get a different vibe depending on whereabouts in a country you are. Spain in particular. It's almost a set of different countries under one flag. Way more than here in Ireland anyway. It's less homogenised.

Yeah definitely. Impossible to generalise and I can only speak about Madrid. I suppose it's a big city and foreigners are 2 a penny. There's always the type of Spanish guys that almost go exclusively for the foreigners. Me fella is one of them. Says he's not into Spanish girls as much as chicks with the Northern European look and only had one Spanish girlfriend years ago for a short while. You find that type everywhere though. Maybe it's different for the women. I can't really comment on that...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement