Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do guys seem to love Spanish girls?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

TBH I find Spanish/Italian women way too stressful. All the drama and the shouting puts me right off them.
    Their only advantage is that they live in a warm climate and so culturally they are more outdoorsy than Irish women and so appear healthier until their mid twenties or so when the high carb diet catches up with them.

Healthy is attractive, healthy people have more energy and are more fun to be around. Healthy girls feel better about themselves and aren't constantly complaining or digging for compliments.

Skinny is not healthy btw, skinny is to healthy what Anglo was to banks. It might look similar at first glance but in reality it's the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

I'm too married one and she's gorgeous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

I don't get this at all. Spanish women just don't get on my radar at all, I really have never seen one that I liked at all. On the other hand, Italian women are very attractive in their 20s, but in the case of both Italian and Spanish, I feel that no matter how beautiful one may be considered to be, by the time they start ageing they all look like Robert Plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

With Italian and Spanish women ,they do tend to dress in a kaleidoscope of colours ie, greens ,browns and turquoise to go with the pearly teeth and tanned look but like any women anywhere and as they get older ,they have to work at keeping that youthful look and some will have good genes which also helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Latino women are the hottest looking girls on the planet imo :)

Latino women? By that do you mean transvestites, or do you actually mean Latina?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Wibbs wrote: »
    On the bewbs front Irish women win on the size scores, Spanish and Italian and Greek women in general tend to be on the small side.

Unfortunately those same women will win on size on all other body parts too. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,807 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Eres sin hogar?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    This is gas, it reminds me of that Terry Pratchett quote from "Eric", where Terry described Mediterranean women as something like all sultry looks and dusky beauty till they get past thirty, then the eyebrows join and the belly sags, must be all the pasta and sunlight. And of course there's the old "Asian women age terribly" meme
    True enough. Oriental women tend to age a lot better than Occidental all things being equal and African lassies with their built in factor 15 can be hard to put an age on. Yer wan Iman has looked 28 for the last 30 bleedin years :D
    So in summary, 99% of generalisations are bollocks, except for this one.
    There's usually some glimmer of truth behind them. However small.
    Also for those talking about genes, there is no such thing as bad genes, just genes that fit the current requirements. Let me put it like this - sickle cell anaemia is a condition that only affects black people. Bad genes in black people right? Wrong, it also adds resistance to malaria. Evolution doesn't tend towards the best, only the best fitting.
    Well D kinda a bad example. One mutation of the gene gives malarial resistance it's when two copies are present the fault occurs. In that case it would be a "bad" gene. As for other gene's not so fit for purpose? We're very good genetic detectives when picking sexual partners. We heavily select for advantageous genes and growth background. Women are very attuned to symmetry in males as it shows both healthy genes and healthy childhood expression of those genes' Men do similar while adding the youth signals. Both are more attracted to the scent of partners that have a different genetic background, particularly with regard to immunity to disease. This protects against incest for a start and gives any kids a better chance of having a wider spread of immune response. This can even be tricked. Israeli researchers noted one side effect of Kibbutz living in adolescents. Because they were raised together collectively both men and women looked to partners outside that environment.
    That and the curvy hot little, pocket rocket bodies that many of them seem to have of course.
    TBH I'd fancy her sis more. BUt yea you do see more of the tiny framed petite body shape in Italy, Spain and Greece(good god some Greek women... :eek:) than you do here. We tend to be stockier all over. Ditto for men. Then again on the male side you do see a fair few barrel shaped Latins. That Picasso vibe going on. That lad could not have been anything but a Spaniard. :)
    Peetrik wrote: »
    TBH I find Spanish/Italian women way too stressful. All the drama and the shouting puts me right off them.
    Oh I hear that. That kinda stuff is much more culturally accepted. I don't think it's genetic or any of that shíte. Like red heads are supposed to be fiery. If you're a redhead and hear that all your life, you start to believe it, or get so pissed off hearing it you get fiery anyway, or you fall back on it as an excuse for being a knobend. It doesn't mean redheads are temperamental. But yea Latin women can be bloody histrionic and publicly too. Then again the men can be no slouches either.
    Their only advantage is that they live in a warm climate and so culturally they are more outdoorsy than Irish women
    THat's a biggy. I don't care how often some Irish folks claim the weather makes little difference and they exercise in all weathers. I have a name for them. Masochists. Actually I have another one. Nutters. You will go out more and for longer when it's nice weather. I'll walk the dog a lot longer if it's not tumbling down with rain. Hell he's got built in insulation and when it rains he'll look at me with plaintive eyes blinking against the drops as if to ask "WTF" while turning around and pulling me home.
    Healthy is attractive, healthy people have more energy and are more fun to be around. Healthy girls feel better about themselves and aren't constantly complaining or digging for compliments.
    Yes and no. Now this is just personal experience here of course, but among the most bodily insecure to the point of exhaustion women I've known were hard bodied gym bunnies. They felt they had more to lose maybe?
    Skinny is not healthy btw, skinny is to healthy what Anglo was to banks. It might look similar at first glance but in reality it's the opposite.
    :D Yea you can get "skinny fat" people. No tone, horsing 60 mallie lights a day in place of a diet. Looks good at 19, but at 30 starts to look well ropey.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

There's usually some glimmer of truth behind them. However small.
    There's typically more observer bias than truth when it comes to generalisations about people though.

http://www.alleydog.com/glossary/definition.php?term=Observer%20Bias

Someone that has decided Irish women are predominantly overweight and unhealthy without any objective evidence to support this will start focusing on the overweight and unhealthy women they see as evidence to support their convictions.

Same thing with the drunken paddy stereotype, someone sure that Irish people are drunks will completely ignore any day to day evidence to the contrary until actual research is waved at them, and even then it can be difficult for them to let go of their bias.

I avoid generalisations like the plague myself, "men are", "women are", "Irish people are", all are invariably proved wrong for many cases. Except the one about Australians, that's true (hi Xavi! :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

You will go out more and for longer when it's nice weather. I'll walk the dog a lot longer if it's not tumbling down with rain. Hell he's got built in insulation and when it rains he'll look at me with plaintive eyes blinking against the drops as if to ask "WTF" while turning around and pulling me home.
    Yes and no. Now this is just personal experience here of course, but among the most bodily insecure to the point of exhaustion women I've known were hard bodied gym bunnies. They felt they had more to lose maybe?

Ah I don't buy the weather as an excuse for being out of shape. Fine, a lot of people perfer to be out in the sun, no question there. Personally I don't mind the rain as in all my happy childhood memories, Christmas, Summer, Halloween etc its been raining but I'll accept that I'm in the minority.
    However since the invention of buildings, its been easy enough to exercise and do sports indoors. There are plenty of countries that are bogged down in snow for a quarter of the year that still have a healthy culture of indoor football/vollyball, swimming etc.
    Anyway, dislike for rain is something you teach yourself I suspect, I'v yet to meet a toddler that doesn't take great pleasure in jumping in puddles or just getting covered in mud in general.

:D Yea you can get "skinny fat" people. No tone, horsing 60 mallie lights a day in place of a diet. Looks good at 19, but at 30 starts to look well ropey.

Never looks good IMO. Give me a big frekley country lass who can carry a bullock across a marshy field over one of those scrawny calorie counters any day :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There's typically more observer bias than truth when it comes to generalisations about people though.

True.
    Same thing with the drunken paddy stereotype, someone sure that Irish people are drunks will completely ignore any day to day evidence to the contrary until actual research is waved at them, and even then it can be difficult for them to let go of their bias.
    That said we do drink more per head per year than many other countries and have higher stats on alcoholism, so there is something to this meme. I've been on the piss(no pun or irony) in a fair few European cities and Ireland and the UK really do stand out for the monged off your tits crowd walking the streets. You certainly see significantly less absolutely blotto women elsewhere that's for sure.
    I avoid generalisations like the plague myself, "men are", "women are", "Irish people are", all are invariably proved wrong for many cases. Except the one about Australians, that's true (hi Xavi! :D).
    True, the Aussies are a well balanced race, chip on both shoulders... *runs* :D
    Ah I don't buy the weather as an excuse for being out of shape. Fine, a lot of people perfer to be out in the sun, no question there. Personally I don't mind the rain as in all my happy childhood memories, Christmas, Summer, Halloween etc its been raining but I'll accept that I'm in the minority.
    Yep. You're mad. :D
    However since the invention of buildings, its been easy enough to exercise and do sports indoors. There are plenty of countries that are bogged down in snow for a quarter of the year that still have a healthy culture of indoor football/vollyball, swimming etc.
    True, though those same countries tend to also have definite seasons. I think that's the problem with Irish weather. It's "meh" all year round as a general tendency. I mean you could wake up from a coma and look out the hospital window and without looking at a calender be really in a state of confusion as to what time of the year it was.

Never looks good IMO. Give me a big frekley country lass who can carry a bullock across a marshy field over one of those scrawny calorie counters any day :)
    Do not waaaant :pac:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Anyway, dislike for rain is something you teach yourself I suspect, I'v yet to meet a toddler that doesn't take great pleasure in jumping in puddles or just getting covered in mud in general.

The weather doesn't just hinder people in exercising, it makes you eat more too. You don't feel like you need potatoes or white bread to survive the winter, and hangovers in hot countries are awful so doubt they bother as much as us! Aside from exercise, Mediterranean climate just allows for a more active, outdoor lifestyle.

Spanish men & women are some of the sexiest for me, were are made to go for what's different from ourselves. (correct Wibbs?) In the south of Italy people were mesmerised at my paler skin and lighter eyes, and the guys were definitely into it. I'd say its almost this simple.

BTW why are so many men mad for Italian ladies, I've never seen so many women sporting a moustache in my life! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Eres sin hogar?

And then she opened her mouth and "that" came out

That said we do drink more per head per year than many other countries and have higher stats on alcoholism, so there is something to this meme. I've been on the piss(no pun or irony) in a fair few European cities and Ireland and the UK really do stand out for the monged off your tits crowd walking the streets. You certainly see significantly less absolutely blotto women elsewhere that's for sure.
    I'm not going to get into it, I'd enough of that over Paddy's day, but basically Ireland was below the European average for alcohol consumption in 2000 or so, climbed a bit by the mid naughties, and is now back around the average again. Simple observer bias, anecdotes don't stand up to the facts. Indeed there are many other countries with far more serious drinking problems, but they don't have an associated stereotype:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7616405/Britain-is-the-binge-drinking-capital-of-Europe.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I love latinas! I suppose they are seen as exotic to us, but also our complexion (white, fair hair/blue eyes etc) is exotic to them, and a lot of them do like it!

basically Ireland was below the European average for alcohol consumption in 2000 or so, climbed a bit by the mid naughties, and is now back around the average again
    Here it seems to be more a binge drinking thing compared to other nations. The French drink like fish, but over the day and more regularly kinda thing. Though IME for getting completely monged the Swedish are the ones to beat. Scary drinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

French > Spanish by sooooooooo much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I've often been asked if I'm Spanish, sallow skin, dark hair and Irish accent apparently equal Spanish status

*flicks hair and swaggers*

The hairy princess bit adds to it... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Funny how everytime I come back from Spain I'm asked over and over again how many girls I've shagged ...

Then I say I'm not going there for that :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

because there the **** ,but seems they stick to there own lads , from what ive seen anyway. so the question is , why dont Spanish girls like Irish men ? :D

Here it seems to be more a binge drinking thing compared to other nations. The French drink like fish, but over the day and more regularly kinda thing. Though IME for getting completely monged the Swedish are the ones to beat. Scary drinkers.
    The Latvians and Moldovans are the gold standard to be honest, it took two squad cars to subdue Sergei by the end of the night a few years back.

Great night though.

so the question is , why dont Spanish girls like some Irish men ? :D
    FYP :D I dunno why, but in my life I've been soooo much more successful and made a connection with Latin ladies than our local ones. Maybe the local ladies are just inured to my bullshít at this stage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Spanish women are exotic and the accent really adds something to it, for me anyway.

Also I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that many Spanish girls have a thing for Irish guys, at least in my experience. I've heard some comment that Irish guys are more shy compared to the guys they are used to, which they seemed to like. Blue eyes seem to be somewhat legendary in so many countries and we have quite a lot of them here, which always will work to our favour. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I dont know if guys like spanish girls more than any other kind of girls.......asians, girls with english accents etc etc

People do always seem to like people with a tan though which I don't understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Standman wrote: »
    Spanish women are exotic and the accent really adds something to it, for me anyway.

Also I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that many Spanish girls have a thing for Irish guys, at least in my experience. I've heard some comment that Irish guys are more shy compared to the guys they are used to, which they seemed to like. Blue eyes seem to be somewhat legendary in so many countries and we have quite a lot of them here, which always will work to our favour. :D

blue eyes!! ah crap , dam my stupid green eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

bluewolf wrote: »
    Maybe you could be more pedantic about the difference between been and being
    Much like all other populations there are far more Spanish girls under the age of 16 and over the age of 50 than would fall into any category that someone might ****, then you have to take out the fat ones, the ugly ones, the butterfaces etc.

Maybe I was dumb as you say by not understanding what you were trying to say with your sentence, but to be fair it was convoluted and whatever way you look at it, it was a load of bull. All populations have far more girls aged 15 and under, and over 50? Of course they do, you are so right. ;) :rolleyes:
    bluewolf wrote: »
    Maybe you could be more pedantic about the difference between been and being

Ah a grammar Nazi! Come back to me when you've got the hang of punctuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

While its true that Spanish girls can be very attractive, the less attractive Spanish girls are usually far more hideous than the less attractive British and Irish girls. All swings and roundabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Maybe the same reason girls love Spanish guys.....HOT!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I love the post about how Spanish women aren't attractive because of one woman (that tennis player) :D

OP, why do people like anything? Personal preference - they just do. Attractive Spanish women are very beautiful all right though, with their olive skin, brown eyes and slender frames, but again, that's HOT Spanish women, not merely Spanish women.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement