Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania XXIX Packages/Info Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Whole Show

Yeh the package prices were an absolute joke.
    Well def go to the Warrior signing mate, i hear he is an absolute class act with fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Whole Show wrote: »
    Yeh the package prices were an absolute joke.
    Well def go to the Warrior signing mate, i hear he is an absolute class act with fans.

Yeah i'll defo be going to the warrior signing I'm just wondering what time i'd have to be there since its on 9-1 and VIP Big Show is 8-12 but Big Show is only signing from 8-9.30. I think I could squeeze both in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Will there be a boards meet up this year?

What hotel's are you's staying in?

NYC or NJ???

were in the Grand Hyatt, NY from the Thurs to the Tues. Off to Vegas the Tues evening :-)

• Advertisement

were in the Grand Hyatt, NY from the Thurs to the Tues. Off to Vegas the Tues evening :-)

You in a package hotel?? Anybody not in a package hotel??

yep, Platinum

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

I'm staying at the Hotel Pennsylvania, it's right across the street from MSG and Penn Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Some Axxcess sessions are now completely sold out. Don't think I've even seen GA tickets sell out before. Gotta get those Raw tickets quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Pingi wrote: »
    Some Axxcess sessions are now completely sold out. Don't think I've even seen GA tickets sell out before. Gotta get those Raw tickets quickly

The night after mania? When do they go on sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

cian68 wrote: »
    The night after mania? When do they go on sale?

February 9th.

Can't you buy GA tickets at the event? since General Axxess never sells out.

February 9th.

Can't you buy GA tickets at the event? since General Axxess never sells out.

Looks like general axxess for the session with Undertaker has actually sold out. No tickets on ticketmaster.com coming up. This is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Saturday Midday is off sale also. I find it hard to believe they are sold out but maybe!?

Pingi wrote: »
    Saturday Midday is off sale also. I find it hard to believe they are sold out but maybe!?

Who knows?? WWE & Ticketmaster are pissing me off this year. No information and everything was poorly organised. It's ridiculous with the amount of money we have to spend they couldn't give a f*ck about us.

Also is nobody staying in New Jersey??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Broooce

Hampton Inn, Secaucus great location both for Meadowlands and a bus into NYC

Broooce wrote: »
    Hampton Inn, Secaucus great location both for Meadowlands and a bus into NYC

It's sold out though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Hampton inn Times Square would rather commute to NJ and be based in New York tbh

EdK wrote: »
    Hampton inn Times Square would rather commute to NJ and be based in New York tbh

There's loads of people staying in NJ, it's far cheaper and getting to everything but the Hall Of Fame is only 10 mins away. I'm thinking of staying in the days inn. Metlife and Izod is 10 mins away and exposition centre is 8 mins away. Shuttle bus from the front door of the hotel is $12 return and flights were a bit cheaper cause I decided to fly to Newark.

It actually won't really matter where you stay the transport system is that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

Now we're abit closer how much money do people think its a good idea to take? obviously hotels sorted and everything but how much is merchandice as Axxess and Wmania? food wise its Mcdonalds all week :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ciano316 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of staying in the days inn.

is that the days in north bergen?? its pretty grim out that way having stayed at the comfort suites down the road for mania 20, hotel was grand but its isolated and it was quite difficult getting back from the izod after raw, taxi drivers in manhattan are also completely clueless about that location and put a massive surcharge to cross into new jersey

ramada jersey city is a good budget hotel, free shuttle to and from newark, 2min walk from the jersey city path station that will take you into manhattan for $1.75 and trains run at night, you can change at hoboken and get the meadowlands rail to the metlife, decent restaurants too within easy walking distance vip diner is just across the road

mikey13 wrote: »
    food wise its Mcdonalds all week :p

some really good bars/diners in new york if you want something cheap, if you are doing fast food these are incredible and plenty of them in new york http://fiveguys.com/locations.aspx?fAddress=new+york+city&radius=5&units=mi

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Whole Show

Im staying in the Holiday inn for the first few days in north bergen, the reviews sound decent and theres a good shuttle service into NYC, anyone else staying near by?

Then im in the grand hyatt NYC

rossie1977 wrote: »
    is that the days in north bergen?? its pretty grim out that way having stayed at the comfort suites down the road for mania 20, hotel was grand but its isolated and it was quite difficult getting back from the izod after raw, taxi drivers in manhattan are also completely clueless about that location and put a massive surcharge to cross into new jersey

ramada jersey city is a good budget hotel, free shuttle to and from newark, 2min walk from the jersey city path station that will take you into manhattan for $1.75 and trains run at night, you can change at hoboken and get the meadowlands rail to the metlife, decent restaurants too within easy walking distance vip diner is just across the road

Yeah the days inn, I was trying to stay close enough to NYC but in New Jersey and it's cheap and has a $7 shuttle to NYC so sounds good to me. What was the problem getting home from RAW? Traffic or lack of taxis?? I'm travelling on my own so looking for a decent priced hotel with some decent transport but was also looking to stay beside the hampton inn because a friend is staying there. I don't plan on being in the hotel that much and there's a restaurant in the hotel.

lack of taxis after the show at the izod yeah, really is the middle of nowhere out there

rossie1977 wrote: »
    lack of taxis after the show at the izod yeah, really is the middle of nowhere out there

Where would you recommend staying??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hey guys, I'm probably a late arrival to the whole thing but are there still decent tickets left for mania and some of the other events?

I'm not too bothered by axxess or the HOF so mainly looking for good mania tickets and some ROH and Wrestlecon ones too. Kinda booking the whole thing on a whim so hopefully I can get most of it sorted in the next week.

ciano316 wrote: »
    Where would you recommend staying??

if staying in jersey then hoboken and newport are really nice though hotels are quite expensive there but top class, journal square is more gritty but very safe even at night for same price as days you could stay at the ramada journal square or

this place which is in a nice area of newark near the train station and university, free shuttle to and from newark airport http://www.rthotel.com/accomodations.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BretHartfan

Hey guys I have a question in regards to the cab situation for Axxess. Is there a cab stand at the Izod Center like there is at Madison Square Garden? If not, is calling for a cab and finding the driver easy to do at this arena? I've never been to the Izod Center and I will be staying at the Meadowlands Plaza Hotel about a mile away in Secaucus.

Advertisement